follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #15
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i wish white people from Africa would move to the states and apply for African American benefit programs, real life troll FTW
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #16
Rawdog

Drives: 4.5in jeep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
God I want to move there now just for that one reason
Rawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
nedmundo

Drives: Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by #87 View Post
i wish white people from Africa would move to the states and apply for African American benefit programs, real life troll FTW
About 20 years ago, a white South African immigrant checked the "African American" box on his law school application, and it caused quite the fuss. I don't know whether he suffered any consequences.
nedmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
Vladror

Drives: Toyota 86 M High - Dark Grey
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattQ-WP View Post
I'll do a clip in the next couple of weeks on Franschoek pass... the weather is finally turning
did that this weekend.... haven't put it on youtube yet though...

edit: now i have:

Last edited by Vladror; 09-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Vladror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
MattQ-WP

Drives: Pearl White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdog View Post
What can a white gentleman like yourself possibly be doing in south africa? never got that
Keeping the country from ending up like the rest of the continent.

Hey.. someone has to earn money to cover the benefit payments that the vast majority enjoy.

After all, as a white south africa male I get zero benefits, job offers, legal, medical or education assistance... I am perpetually blamed for everything that goes wrong on the continent (since it was CLEARLY all the fault of my ancestors) and I get to put up with comments like yours as an added bonus.

oh yeah... and I pay 42% tax, have to use private hospitals since there is no public service anymore.. have to use private schools since there is no public service anymore...

but here the rub up

I LOVE my country.. I love the wide open spaces, the freedom, the incredible sense of oneness amongst all it's people.. across all racial and cultural barriers.. don't believe the hype that CNN sells you.. we are actually getting on just fine.. and besides a few isolated incidents and a few close minded racists on both sides of the fence, the majority of us are amongst the most liberal and open minded people on the planet.

sure I get a rough ride here being a "whitey".. but Karma is a bitch and the settlers sure left us with a load to deal with.

I love the fact that we can still break the rules here and get away with it, that we are not the bitch boys of the US like most of the Northern Hemisphere and that we still have clean air, water and soil.

THAT my friend, is why I am here, why my children are here and why we will stay here.

I was born in Africa. My father was born in Africa. My grand, great grand and great great grandfathers were born and lived in South Africa.. our blood has been here since the country was formed. Since before even the Xhosa's arrived from North of the blood river... we've been here.

Hell I'm as African as any of the African's and I'm certainly WAAAAAAYYYY more african (lower case) than the silly and rather tame bright trainer wearing baggy pants so called african American's who seem to think they are all connected with "African consciousness" and "mother Africa"... don't make me laugh... they wouldn't even know what end of a spear you put in a Kudu.. I've killed a Kudu with my bare hands and a hunting life... I've eaten raw Spingbok liver after the hunt.. I can start a fire with sticks and build a hunting shelter in under 2 hours... take your average african American and put him back in mother Africa and he'll cry like a little baby within 24hrs

I dare you to not call me African... now you know what I'm doing here

quick question... what are you doing in America? You name doesn't sound Cherokee

INITIAL DRIVING CLIP

Last edited by MattQ-WP; 09-21-2012 at 05:34 PM.
MattQ-WP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MattQ-WP For This Useful Post:
MattR (09-20-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
MattQ-WP

Drives: Pearl White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladror View Post

Now that the Troll has been dealt with

AWESOME CLIP DUDE!!!

Man, I am ithcing to hit that pass.. we need to get the CT 86 Boyz together soon and share some stories and local herb

INITIAL DRIVING CLIP
MattQ-WP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
themadpants

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladror View Post

Nice one boet!

That must have been early morning? Unusual to see so few cars on the pass.

This thread is making me home sick!
themadpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
Vladror

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadpants View Post
Nice one boet!

That must have been early morning? Unusual to see so few cars on the pass.

This thread is making me home sick!
yup, I made sure to get there early, just after 7 am...
so many good driving roads around the cape though, and the car is just getting better and better, i've only done about 2000 miles with it so far...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
Vladror

Quote:
Now that the Troll has been dealt with

AWESOME CLIP DUDE!!!

Man, I am ithcing to hit that pass.. we need to get the CT 86 Boyz together soon and share some stories and local herb
there is a great 180 hairpin between Grabouw and Villiersdorp, with a very wide shoulder to drift on... I've done it just once so far but with the traction control on. I can imagine it must be a lot of fun with all the electronics off...
Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #24
Vladror

second vid of the same pass but in the other direction and my friend now driving: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_QSot_FInU"]franschhoek pass 2 - YouTube[/ame]
Old 09-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
Rawdog

Drives: 4.5in jeep
Quote:
Keeping the country from ending up like the rest of the continent.

Hey.. someone has to earn money to cover the benefit payments that the vast majority enjoy.

After all, as a white south africa male I get zero benefits, job offers, legal, medical or education assistance... I am perpetually blamed for everything that goes wrong on the continent (since it was CLEARLY all the fault of my ancestors) and I get to put up with comments like yours as an added bonus.

oh yeah... and I pay 42% tax, have to use private hospitals since there is no public service anymore.. have to use private schools since there is no public service anymore...

but here the rub up

I LOVE my country.. I love the wide open spaces, the freedom, the incredible sense of oneness amongst all it's people.. across all racial and cultural barriers.. don't believe the hype that CNN sells you.. we are actually getting on just fine.. and besides a few isolated incidents and a few close minded racists on both sides of the fence, the majority of us are amongst the most liberal and open minded people on the planet.

sure I get a rough ride here being a "whitey".. but Karma is a bitch and the settlers sure left us with a load to deal with.

I love the fact that we can still break the rules here and get away with it, that we are not the bitch boys of the US like most of the Northern Hemisphere and that we still have clean air, water and soil.

THAT my friend, is why I am here, why my children are here and why we will stay here.

I was born in Africa. My father was born in Africa. My grand, great grand and great great grandfathers were born and lived in South Africa.. our blood has been here since the country was formed. Since before even the Xhosa's arrived from North of the blood river... we've been here.

Hell I'm more African than many of the "African's" and I'm certainly WAAAAAAYYYY more african (lower case) than the silly and rather tame bright trainer wearing baggy pants african American's who seem to think they are all connected with "black consciousness" and "mother Africa"... don't make me laugh... they wouldn't even know what end of a spear you put in a Kudu.. I've killed a Kudu with my bare hands and a hunting life... I've eaten raw Spingbok liver after the hunt.. I can start a fire with sticks and build a hunting shelter in under 2 hours... take your average african American and put him back in mother Africa and he'll cry like a little baby within 24hrs

I dare you to not call me African... now you know what I'm doing here

quick question... what are you doing in America? You name doesn't sound Cherokee

Well put.
South Africa sounds like a badass place with actual genuine culture unlike where I live. At least this dumb tourist hot spot they call Destin, Florida
Rawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
Reyns

Drives: Toyota 86 ; Nissan 200sx
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hay man
I recently joined the forum, you will see this is my first post. I wanted to meet more people with a 86 in South Africa and its awesome you are in cape town. When can we meet up and chat? Ps i love the vids - next time i want to join!
Reyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
RueFT86

Drives: Toyota FT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nice one bud. Cape Town is an awesome place. I've gotten my 86 last weekend. Maybe I will make a trip to Cape Town and we can hook up. I'm in Jozi
RueFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
Reyns

Drives: Toyota 86 ; Nissan 200sx
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hay that sounds like a good idea!!!
Cape town is awesome but Jozi has everything available to you! I have my 86 for a month and a half and im on 4600km that how much im enjoying it.
Reyns is offline   Reply With Quote