follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 11-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #15
DriftinFRS

Drives: 2014 Scion Frs Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinFRS View Post
Welp after reading this i will be looking at IAG for my built motor! thanks for the review.
I want a closed deck setup, map doesn't offer those. Element only wants you to run their tuning setup. when i plan on sticking with ecutek.
DriftinFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #16
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinFRS View Post
I want a closed deck setup, map doesn't offer those. Element only wants you to run their tuning setup. when i plan on sticking with ecutek.
You reached out to element and they said you cant use your own tuner with ecutek?

You heard of
https://www.gchlongblockracing.com/p...-1-long-blocks

If/when i get a built block id prefer a built long block.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #17
DriftinFRS

Drives: 2014 Scion Frs Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
You reached out to element and they said you cant use your own tuner with ecutek?

You heard of
https://www.gchlongblockracing.com/p...-1-long-blocks

If/when i get a built block id prefer a built long block.
Yes they said i needed to run the complete package
DriftinFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:35 AM   #18
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I thought I'd add some other reviews from yelp on here so people can see I'm not the only one. Some of these were literally identical to my experience. Maybe I can start a support group?

"Worked with these clowns on an STI build. They probably cost me $20,000 in blown parts and time. No accountability and only finger pointing. They built two motors for me and I had two failures within 2,000 miles of each build.I should have known when I saw how filthy dirty their shop was. One was on the track the other was on the street when it happened. I trusted them after the first failure (track) but had a 3rd party shop look at the second build failure and it was clearly their fault. They played dumb and pointed the finger at the shop that inspected the failure! Since walking away from out front and finding a shop that knows what they are doing I have put about 6,000 miles on the 3rd engine (over 1,000 track miles) with no issues."

"I called the shop asking for injector adaptors PnP to Ev1 for my subaru the guy answers in about 3 rings asked what I needed, put me on hold for about 10 minutes some lady picked up she asked me what I needed I replied with the same answer, put me in hold for another 20 minutes, some guy answers asking me what I needed sounded like the owner because I asked when he would have them in stock and responded with idk I'll probably order some in about a week or two... didn't bother to ask when I needed them by, sounded like he didn't even wanna talk or do any business, really crappy customer service wouldn't recommend them to any of my friends or my subaru team I'm happy I didn't drive 40 minutes down to ask, would of just wasted even more of my time. Don't bother calling not worth it."

"This company is beyond a joke. My friend & I took their fully built Subaru there a few months ago because we found a huge hole on the inter cooler piping from rubbing which was causing a huge vacuum leak. We inquired about getting the hole patched and about a turbo rebuild. Without hesitation Ozzy stated it would take about a week and a half to get the job done. Two weeks later we decided to call the shop asking the status since we had not heard from them but are aware and understanding that shops sometimes are busy and jobs take longer. They said to us that the "gaskets for the intake manifold needed to be replaced due to the methanol cooling system" which we have never heard of but gave them the benefit of the doubt even though the gaskets were pretty new. Turns out, the gaskets did not replacing and it was a bolt that needed to be tightened. So after 4 weeks later, they finally called us and Said the car was ready but then said that they needed to do more "testing" and wanted to make sure it was "running correctly". We went to pick up the car the next day and immediately noticed that the drivers side window Rain Guard was busted about half way up, the rear bumper clip was busted, the methanol tank was completely empty, the car was very low on gas and the pedal assembly was loose and making a squeaking noise! We then physically showed Jeremy and he said that they had let go of an employee who had been working on the car due to him making several mistakes which is not any type of consolation. He then said he would get it replaced and was apologetic and insisted he would be following up. It's been two months since we picked up the vehicle, and there still has been no follow up. The tab on the pedal assembly is completely broken. We have Never seen that before and it could be coincidence but after all of these issues it leads us to be believe that they beat he hell out of the car while " testing" the vehicle to make sure it was " running correctly" I am extremely disappointed in their lack of customer service, their lack of communication and their lack of regard for loyal customer clientele. I will Never bring a car, ever recommend this shop or even bring up their name to Anyone in the Car world."

"I got my motor built by outfront motor sports. i had questions regarding the motor so i took it down to the shop. i did all the installation work. after a couple a months, i took the car in because it was burning smoke talked to the guys. they ran a compression test to make sure everything was okay. i was driving from California to Michigan, so it was really important to me to have the car running at its best for the 2k+ drive. after spending about 700+ bucks on parts and labor i get the car back with a bog, that wasn't there before. so i take it back. i was told that the cause was my tune, and they re-flashed my ecu. i informed them about the upcoming trip. the car made it but it was getting worse and worse. finally got to taking everything apart and checking the car i found spark plug in cylinder # 3 was bent, it had a really small gap. all other cylinders had the correct gap. i installed them, all spark plugs where gaped correctly. i asked them to look over everything to make sure the car had n problem. as a paying customer i felt like i got brushed off i payed for the service and asked them to check everything. money wasn't an issue. i just needed the car to be at tip top shape. I'm not sure if they dropped the spark plug, but it wasn't like that when it was installed the first time."
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote