follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #29
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 54,665
Thanks: 48,639
Thanked 75,684 Times in 34,340 Posts
Mentioned: 2004 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
You are right, I am just responding to your last 6 or so posts where you said the car has no balls, is rice, and posted half page specs of minivan 0-60 times and argued with people about how it is slower than minivans. Pretty hard to even tell what the OP was saying after all that.
Wasting your time. The minivan times are obviously gospel while the 86 times are way off.
Creative interpretation of the data is creative.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #30
Jordanwolf
¿¿¿¿
 
Jordanwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Drives: 2017 900whp beast
Location: Otnorot Canadia
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 479
Thanked 754 Times in 530 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
You are right, I am just responding to your last 6 or so posts where you said the car has no balls, is rice, and posted half page specs of minivan 0-60 times and argued with people about how it is slower than minivans. Pretty hard to even tell what the OP was saying after all that.
Don't forget about the part where he called the 86 a sports car and in the very same post, said it wasn't. 420 IQ genius.
__________________
I have come to HUG YOU
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #31
Jordanwolf
¿¿¿¿
 
Jordanwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Drives: 2017 900whp beast
Location: Otnorot Canadia
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 479
Thanked 754 Times in 530 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Wasting your time. The minivan times are obviously gospel while the 86 times are way off.
Creative interpretation of the data is creative.
He has also yet to let me know where he gets his data that he seems to know all about. 0-40 times, 40-120 times.. etc.
__________________
I have come to HUG YOU
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #32
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
He has also yet to let me know where he gets his data that he seems to know all about. 0-40 times, 40-120 times.. etc.
Reread my post buddy. I specifically said 40-120 times would be better comparisons but the data is hard to find. I also said the minivans and crossovers are probably (meaning a theory) based on the fact that they accelerate substantially slower the faster they go more so then the 86s. And my personal experience with various crossovers. My mazda cx5 with its low end torque and AWD is surprisingly fast off the line especially 0-40. Slows down a bit 40-60. But still boasts a 7.6 0-60 without launching.

Last edited by 86TOYO2k17; 04-15-2019 at 09:07 PM.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #33
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Don't forget about the part where he called the 86 a sports car and in the very same post, said it wasn't. 420 IQ genius.
I never once said any of this.... reading compression would be a good skill to learn.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #34
xdavidx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 GT Asphalt Manual
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 132
Thanks: 61
Thanked 144 Times in 69 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Well by the literal definition of a sports car “a car designed for performance at high speed”. And you generally expect the car to be able to get to that high speed relatively quickly.

35k out the door for a 250whp/300crank. Now that makes it a sports
Car.

sports car

noun Definition of sports car


: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving


https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sports%20car
xdavidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #35
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Wasting your time. The minivan times are obviously gospel while the 86 times are way off.
Creative interpretation of the data is creative.
Again reading compression would help a lot. I never once said the 86 can’t do a low 6s 0-60 WITH A LAUNCH! I said WITHOUT a launch it is a second slower. Putting it in the range of several minivans and crossovers. Have you read how motor trend and car and driver do 0-60 times? They launch manuals on a track in good conditions, so they are hooking and taking off, they just smash the peddle from a stop with autos, sometimes they brake and rev to torque lockup but that’s still not close to a real launch. Nor is it real world as your probably not hooking as well on the street. But hey if you like to rev up and launch at every stop light to pull ahead of minivans more power to you.

Are people really arguing this car is fast? Literally the number one thing everyone says. Car is amazing handling, great entry level track car etc etc.. but it’s just lacking that power and acceleration. I’m not saying anything remotely new. I hope I wasn’t the one to break the news to you this car wasn’t build from the factory for acceleration.

Last edited by 86TOYO2k17; 04-15-2019 at 09:06 PM.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:23 PM   #36
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
sports car

noun Definition of sports car


: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving


https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sports%20car

Like I said. How can you drive fast if you don’t have the power to go fast... you going to mash on the peddle for half a day?
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #37
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 54,665
Thanks: 48,639
Thanked 75,684 Times in 34,340 Posts
Mentioned: 2004 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Again reading compression would help a lot. I never once said the 86 can’t do a low 6s 0-60 WITH A LAUNCH! I said WITHOUT a launch it is a second slower. Putting it in the range of several minivans and crossovers. Have you read how motor trend and car and driver do 0-60 times? They launch manuals on a track in good conditions, so they are hooking and taking off, they just smash the peddle from a stop with autos, sometimes they brake and rev to torque lockup but that’s still not close to a real launch. Nor is it real world as your probably not hooking as well on the street. But hey if you like to rev up and launch at every stop light to pull ahead of minivans more power to you.

Are people really arguing this car is fast? Literally the number one thing everyone says. Car is amazing handling, great entry level track car etc etc.. but it’s just lacking that power and acceleration. I’m not saying anything remotely new. I hope I wasn’t the one to break the news to you this car wasn’t build from the factory for acceleration.
It isn't a slow car. It just isn't as fast as some. And no not "everybody" says it is slow. The AVERAGE 0 to 60 for cars (including SUVs and Minivans) is 9 seconds. Even if we want to twist the times around to account for launch this car is still well below the average and in the "fast" category. Cherry picking top of the line minvans and repeating that their times are "faster" is not looking at the whole nor real world picture.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #38
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 54,665
Thanks: 48,639
Thanked 75,684 Times in 34,340 Posts
Mentioned: 2004 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Like I said. How can you drive fast if you don’t have the power to go fast... you going to mash on the peddle for half a day?
Ah your idea of driving is pedal mashing. So much makes sense now.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Twinz (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 09:42 PM   #39
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Ah your idea of driving is pedal mashing. So much makes sense now.
To get to a fast speed in this car you need to wot for about half a day. You seen the video of this car stock on autobahn? Guy got to 120mph I walked away made dinner, read my son a bedtime story and came back and he had just hit 130mph, went to sleep and woke up to see him just hit 142.

https://youtu.be/67jvKyqDIPY

He also did 0-62mph with a mini launch in 7.6sec.
Do I need to post more video evidence? That the 86 no launch is a second slower then with a launch? And real world I hope you aren’t launching at every stop.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:50 PM   #40
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It isn't a slow car. It just isn't as fast as some. And no not "everybody" says it is slow. The AVERAGE 0 to 60 for cars (including SUVs and Minivans) is 9 seconds. Even if we want to twist the times around to account for launch this car is still well below the average and in the "fast" category. Cherry picking top of the line minvans and repeating that their times are "faster" is not looking at the whole nor real world picture.
A 30k$ Toyota Sienna L and 26k$ dodge caravan se are top of the line?
What about all the crossovers for under 30k$?

Not account for launching makes it real world scenario.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #41
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 611
Thanks: 45
Thanked 241 Times in 173 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In fact from 2012-2018 USA BRZ/FRS/86 sales totaled 110,386, Toyota Sienna and dodge caravan from same time frame totaled 1,723,975, you are 15.6times more likely to line up next to one of those two minivans real world compared to another BRZ/FRS/86.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #42
Tomm
Identifying as a Member
 
Tomm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Drives: 2013 FRS
Location: HF, WV
Posts: 51
Thanks: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
As a former R53 MCS owner, I'll tell you they are a blast to drive and a headache to mod and maintain. They don't like to be lowered - unless you're rocking some beefy axles and LCA bushings. Oil leaks from 3 very common areas. Your car will stay in FES mode (front end service) for pretty much any maintenance beyond an oil change. Also these things are aerodynamically challenged. Anything over 80mph and you might as well have a parachute strapped to it.
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.