follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
Hayer_86

Drives: '17 MT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Swap OEM wheels for an Alignment?

Going to install Tein Flex Zs in the coming weeks. Obviously going to need an alignment. I have no experience with any shops in the GTA but i was looking at apex motoring so far. To be safe in terms of scratching wheels, it shouldn't be a problem using my stock wheels for the alignment and then swapping my rpf1s on after right? Or should i just use the nice set to get the perfect fitment right then and there?

Also if i could have input on what i want specification wise, im looking to do a 1 - 1.25 inch drop. Based on what i read i can expect around -2.2 degrees natural camber in the rear, i dont have any other suspension mods so would the factory toe links be able to bring the toe to 0?
Im also planning on doing 0.5 degree more negative than rear for front camber (so approx. -2.7). 0 toe for fronts as well. Does this sound like a reasonable request for an alignment? Much appreciated.
Hayer_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
KL

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Align with the RPF1s and put more camber in the front than the rear if you don't want them even. You may or may not need more toe adjustment but you'll probably be fine with the stock arms. Rear control arms would be a good idea.
KL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
i8ur911

Drives:
I would recommend a little toe in for the rear. Doesn't have to be much, but I'd do a little because on compression it's going to toe out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
i8ur911 is offline   Reply With Quote