follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 06-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #71
bimmer635csi

Drives: 2013 Cayenne turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoebiusStrip View Post
The far right one might be problematic if you intend to sell these because I'm pretty sure Toyota owns that "86" logo. Also, kind of leaves the Subaru owners out as well.

I like the line drawing of the car on the left better than the one in the middle, but I like the Texas outline of the middle one better than the left one.

It would be especially cool if there was some way to put the squiggly outline of the run on there, but it is probably going to be too small to have all of Texas and the sisters on the same shirt.

Just my 2 cents, but nice first shot.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #72
MoebiusStrip

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for your input!

Just wanted to clarify though that the 86 emblem can be used in tshirts on fair use law of trademarked logos, even if I get money for the tshirts. If you want more info on fair use of logos, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_us...ademark_law%29

But I see about it excluding the BRZ owners; we can use something else instead of the 86 emblem but use the "stay calm, carry on" tshirt still. Suggestions are welcome.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:58 AM   #73
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thanks for your input!

Just wanted to clarify though that the 86 emblem can be used in tshirts on fair use law of trademarked logos, even if I get money for the tshirts. If you want more info on fair use of logos, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_us...ademark_law%29

But I see about it excluding the BRZ owners; we can use something else instead of the 86 emblem but use the "stay calm, carry on" tshirt still. Suggestions are welcome.
SOOOOOOO, I'm on my Gov't computer, and I could only use the paint program, of course its just so you can get a perfect idea of what im talking about.You could be the one to refine it Especially the back font type, size, and alignment, i Just slapped the text on there real quick to get the idea across. THE QUOTE IS IN MY OWN WORDS, SO I AM AWARE THAT IT SHOULD BE MY BUDDIES AND I, BUT THATS NOT HOW I TALK LOL I WOULD SAY ME AND MY BUDDIES SO THATS WHY IT IS WRITTEN LIKE THAT :]

I used google images and your t-shirt post, AFTER making this i couldnt help but think i should be using the idea for money but IDGAF , hope everyone liikes it as much as i do! LEFT is the front, RIGHT is the back.
Name:  z86dayshirtFRONT&BACK.png
Views: 501
Size:  115.4 KB

I vote BLACK t-shirt. logos and font color I'm not too worried about, like WHITE Logos and font, Red Logos and WHITE font (this would be my favorite choice), or RED Logos and font . I'll want 2. THE 2ND Half off for me for the awesome idea ? lol

OF COURSE IF IT IS THE CHOSEN DESIGN, but who wouldnt want this T-SHIRT!! It includes our BRZ buddies too.

Last edited by FRS_FIEND; 06-20-2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: EXTRA WORDS
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRS_FIEND For This Useful Post:
AteMyShorts (06-20-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 04:24 AM   #74
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Not sure how I feel about this one.................what do you guys think? Any suggestions on what you'd like to see?
i cant see the image but when i get off work ill check on my lap top. lol Gov't computers i can see some images and i cant see some. i think the images using social networks for ex. flickr photobucket tumblr, etc. are the images i can see. the images ppl upload from their personal computer are the ones i can see. lol
Old 06-20-2014, 06:35 AM   #75
Texaz Boy

Drives: 2016 FR-S (RS-2 #734/1000) MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=Shneegle;1805566]To anyone in the DFW area that will be making the trip to SA. If you are interested in cruising together to SA from the DFW area around noonish on friday let me know or post up. We can see if we can get something planned for this.

I'll cruise with you and those shirts are nice. I'll take one! Hell maybe two
Texaz Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #76
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shneegle View Post
To anyone in the DFW area that will be making the trip to SA. If you are interested in cruising together to SA from the DFW area around noonish on friday let me know or post up. We can see if we can get something planned for this.
Count me in.

@spyingwind, you down?
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #77
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Simplified edges and added the Subaru stars. The Texas edges are a little "hazy" but I can fix that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
FRS_FIEND (06-21-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #78
DFW-FRS

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shneegle View Post
To anyone in the DFW area that will be making the trip to SA. If you are interested in cruising together to SA from the DFW area around noonish on friday let me know or post up. We can see if we can get something planned for this.
I'm down to cruise with you guys if I can make it.
DFW-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #79
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Simplified edges and added the Subaru stars. The Texas edges are a little "hazy" but I can fix that.
Nice! I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS_FIEND View Post
SOOOOOOO, I'm on my Gov't computer, and I could only use the paint program, of course its just so you can get a perfect idea of what im talking about.You could be the one to refine it Especially the back font type, size, and alignment, i Just slapped the text on there real quick to get the idea across. THE QUOTE IS IN MY OWN WORDS, SO I AM AWARE THAT IT SHOULD BE MY BUDDIES AND I, BUT THATS NOT HOW I TALK LOL I WOULD SAY ME AND MY BUDDIES SO THATS WHY IT IS WRITTEN LIKE THAT :]
I like this idea. We could use the Image that Dustin has made for the stickers for the front emblem on the shirts. And keep the quote on the back in a nice font and maybe not so large. Otherwise Nice!

Quote:
Ok, well, I was going to hear back from OVR for an opinion before I showed these, but I guess I'll go ahead and get your guys' opinions.

Keep in mind these are very rough mockups and need refining. Also, each individual graphic detail you see (car body, Texas shape, text, etc) can be separated and used in any combination.

If anyone else also has any other imagery or ideas, please don't hesitate to PM me

The one I find to be the most popular I will make three more mock-ups of, and then get your opinion on that one as well, until we get to the final design. These are just the fronts, as the back will most likely just be text.
Instead of putting the car on the front or back of the shirts we could do just the normal car lines like Dustin has used in the sticker that way it could go for any Subaru or Toyota owner instead of locking it in as one or the other.

Nice work tho!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #80
cjoe

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I am going to SA also. Would like to go earlier if we can. Need to go see Jeremy at Scorpion Auto Designs may for some work on the FRS. He head of the SA club.
cjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #81
cjoe

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hey Dustin if you need a little help for the 2nd annual give Jeremy Higginson a call. He head of the SA group there and also owns Scorpion Auto Designs. He can give a lot of info for SA. His # 210-9454447
cjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #82
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Thanks @cjoe for the offer but @Extreme86 has got me covered for now on my being my eyes down there. If something comes up though and we can't figure it out I'll give him a shout. As far as it being earlier are you refering to the date? The date is already set and it will stay as such. I've already made reservations at a hotel, have been in touch with the restaurant we will be stopping at after wards to let them know what date we will be there and Extreme86 has been keeping an eye out to make sure no one else of note will be cruising the 3 sisters as well that day so unless something drastic happens, the date will stay the same. Or are you talking starting time being earlier?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #83
spyingwind

Drives: White '17 86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Count me in.

@spyingwind, you down?
I should be able to.
spyingwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:39 AM   #84
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
@Shneegle I just did it really quick I needed to get back to work lol I was thinking it could be done in a centered alignment with better font and size and keeping it in the top section of the back like this

"ON 86 DAY 2014
ME AND MY BUDDIES
BUSTED A TRAIN ON
THE THREE SISTERS IN TEXAS"

that car outline (which i think is badass) @Dustin used could go in place of that logo I used i think that would be perfect.

front logo can be the sticker dustin is making too, i wouldnt mind