follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #29
MikeM7

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv14476 View Post
No offense but I absolutely love my AT Garage Queen on the Road Coarse. You passed on a great summer DD / RC car and for that money, I'd have two Queens.

To Dad&sonFRS, if finance isn't the issue. Maybe you buy a second and have a Garage Queen, just saying.
I don't have the space, the money, nor the need for two of these cars, and I absolutely wanted manual. If I'm shopping for a sedan or an SUV, I'll get automatic, but my sports cars have to be manual. I feel like you're not getting the full experience with an automatic sports car, but to each their own.

Edit: Also, winters where I live are irrelevant. No such thing as a summer car here.
MikeM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #30
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
sorry to say, but i feel you made a completely uninformed decision buying this car in the first place.

You should have known the size of this car before hand and known that it obviously lacks space.

it's a low, rwd, light sports car.....you need snow tires...

Good luck in your search, I would stay far away from an Old maxima.
dtrop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dtrop For This Useful Post:
xuimod (02-25-2015)
Old 02-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #31
Hotrodheart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad&sonFRS View Post
Well guys i think it might be time to give up my beauty. She has been fun, but has also gave me bad luck and headaches. I had a set of wheels stolen, they were stock but i did not have wheel locks on. I learned my lesson When i first got the car my ecu went bad, luckily that was replaced. Went through almost 3 sets of taillights due to condensation. i just dont feel its worth making the monthly payments anymore when this is my dd and its size has caused inconvience while also having some crappy luck along the way. The winters are also crappy, but maybe thats cause i havent bought snow tires yet. But anyways i was wondering how much do you think i can get for the car at a dealership or some place like carmax which i hear gives you a bit more money. The car is a '13, automatic, 34k miles, and does have an accident. I hit a railing and it damaged my fender along with needing to replace the axle. The wheels have curb radh and the exterior is about a 7 out of 10. The interior is about the same. I was thinking of buying a 2000-2003 maxima because it is quick rommy, and looks nice. I know i will be suffering with thr handling aspect. But it will be practical. Thanks for your advice guys
That's quite a sakes pitch! You should have no problems selling it!
Hotrodheart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hotrodheart For This Useful Post:
gzpermadi (02-26-2015), MikeM7 (02-26-2015), Tcoat (02-25-2015)
Old 02-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #32
BRZnut

Drives: BRZ DGM Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad&sonFRS View Post
I have a chance to get a 5spd 3.0L maxima. Its lowered on springs so i would need to buy oem springs for the winter but i can get it for 2000$, whcih i thinknis a good deal considering it only has 110k miles. Since you have the expierence what were your biggest gripes of the maxima. how do you compare it to the frs for a daily car? Here in Nyc it is hard to find nice roads to really enjoy the frs on, although i do admit i have had a good amount of fun in the car.

I had a 2000 I30 (3L) which is the same as the maxima. The I30 had a much smoother ride than my BRZ, but poor low end torque and sloppy handling. Much better in the snow. The 3L VQ engine in those cars can last over 300K without any major engine work. But all the parts around it...ign coils/ exhaust/ O2 sensors/ power steering hose/struts etc will need to be replaced, but not the engine! More room in the I30 was always handy too.
BRZnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZnut For This Useful Post:
dad&sonFRS (02-25-2015)