follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
ScionFrsFan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
They told me they have to do this so they can get the part free of charge...
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #16
FRomar-S

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How long has it taken peoples dealers to get the lights in?

I had them look at it and order it (so they say and along with the fuel pump) almost 2 months ago and still havent heard back from them.

I figured this was the norm, but all these people saying theres was fixed already is kinda making me worry.
FRomar-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRomar-S For This Useful Post:
whitefrs (01-20-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #17
Flat Black VW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
when mine happened back in july it took about a week to get a new light
Flat Black VW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flat Black VW For This Useful Post:
FRomar-S (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
Juanito08

Drives: Scion Fr-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBOXER View Post
anyone have the actually TSB/Recall #?
There's no TSB from scion, took my car in on Monday and the guy and I looked at TSB's for the Frs and there wasn't one. Now Subaru in the other hand actually has a TBS #
Juanito08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
FRomar-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Black VW View Post
when mine happened back in july it took about a week to get a new light
Ugh guess I have to make another phone call...

It is so upsetting cause I had the best buying experience ever there, but wow their service dept. is horrible.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
Juanito08

Drives: Scion Fr-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRomar-S View Post
How long has it taken peoples dealers to get the lights in?

I had them look at it and order it (so they say and along with the fuel pump) almost 2 months ago and still havent heard back from them.

I figured this was the norm, but all these people saying theres was fixed already is kinda making me worry.
Yea you probably want to go back, I took mine in this week and had a new light 2 days.
Juanito08 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Juanito08 For This Useful Post:
FRomar-S (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #21
Flat Black VW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
unfortunately today I noticed new condensation in both taillights including the one that was already replaced once. So now I need to get that done again, along with my door seal which has a tear in it.

I REALLY dont want the dealer to work on my car but have no interest in buying new tails.
Flat Black VW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flat Black VW For This Useful Post:
abutterman (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
FRomar-S

Yea well I want them to replace mine now while it is still cold outside so that I can see if it actually worked. I had no condensation until winter.

They are gonna wait and wait until I have to end up paying for them X_x
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
frs23

Drives: FR-S H Lava
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Black VW View Post
unfortunately today I noticed new condensation in both taillights including the one that was already replaced once. So now I need to get that done again, along with my door seal which has a tear in it.

I REALLY dont want the dealer to work on my car but have no interest in buying new tails.
Lesson to be learned.. get it done asap and see if the problems comes back. This way you help them get it right before you warranty expires. Sure you got 2 years, but why procrastinate. Make sure you expose the car on the wet days given the opp.
frs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #24
Mickeyt86

Drives: FR-S Asphalt M/T
Not trying to thread jack here.....

Went to Titus Will toyota in Tacoma today to get this fixed. The service MANAGER looks at my car for 5 seconds and tells me "We wont fix this, this is totally normal"

I responded by telling him that it is not normal and I was aware of the TSB on the issue. The service manager then told me that he was a "master technician" and that he would know what is normal with the car.

He then called Toyota per my request and attempted to describe the condensation, stating many times that he "knew it was normal".

In short, there was quite an argument and he basically told me that I have to deal with Toyota on the issue. Another service representative took the time to take photos and send them into toyota to get it looked at further. I cannot express my lack of satisfaction with them.

Condensation in taillights is not normal. At least not in any of the many many vehicles I have ever driven, owned or rented.

I am filing a complaint with the general manager. Any ideas on what else I should do?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #25
BRZnut

Drives: BRZ DGM Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyt86 View Post

Went to Titus Will toyota in Tacoma today to get this fixed. The service MANAGER looks at my car for 5 seconds and tells me "We wont fix this, this is totally normal"

I responded by telling him that it is not normal and I was aware of the TSB on the issue. The service manager then told me that he was a "master technician" and that he would know what is normal with the car.

He then called Toyota per my request and attempted to describe the condensation, stating many times that he "knew it was normal".

In short, there was quite an argument and he basically told me that I have to deal with Toyota on the issue. Another service representative took the time to take photos and send them into toyota to get it looked at further. I cannot express my lack of satisfaction with them.

Condensation in taillights is not normal. At least not in any of the many many vehicles I have ever driven, owned or rented.

I am filing a complaint with the general manager. Any ideas on what else I should do?
Ya...call toyota directly yourself or fax them a letter/ let them know your dealer refused to fix the issue/ and then ask them to have it fixed at another dealer that is more customer friendly
BRZnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZnut For This Useful Post:
Batman (01-21-2013), HotLeopardMama (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #26
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyt86 View Post

Yup, cc the complaint to Toyota and the BBB...employees like this need to realize they make their living off of the consumer
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #27
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Yup, cc the complaint to Toyota and the BBB...employees like this need to realize they make their living off of the consumer
Not to mention warranty items are paid by the factory so it's actually beneficial for the dealership to do the work. As long as the factory approves of the work they get paid. A tsb item is be certain to be paid. This guy is not only as ass he's also a moron.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #28
Robmilkshakes

Drives: '94 Miata R Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBOXER View Post
anyone have the actually TSB/Recall #?
S-SB-0002-13

I just uploaded the pdf in the recall/tsb sticky
Robmilkshakes is offline   Reply With Quote