follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
DrWill

Drives: whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I recently worked with Patrick at Ptuning to get my fortune coilovers ordered. He was very polite and helpful and I had a very good experience. He was professional and courteous every step of the way despite the fact that my order turned out to be a bit of a hassle and eventually wound up being changed halfway through. He was more than willing to go the extra length to get as much info as possible from fortune to insure I got exactly what I was looking for and was even nice enough to ship them to me free of charge to save me the hour and a half drive from norfolk to Richmond to pick them up. I am still waiting on the coilovers to ship due to backorder but I am confident that they will arrive exactly as they should be. I would highly recommend them to anyone and will not hesitate to deal with them in the future should they happen to have something I need.
DrWill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWill For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018), kanundrum (07-05-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #16
KonTheory

Drives: '14 FRS
How long does a turbo install take?
Im moving to Toronto soon, and next summer will be ready for a turbo set up,
Def leaning towards Ptuning, and its within.. what I would call, reasonable driving range..
'14 Raven FRS - Toyota Badges - Helix Smoked Side Markers - K&N Drop-in - 3" Nameless Axleback 4" Mufflers - Tinted Back Windows - RCE Yellow Springs - Openflash Tablet - OLM HID Kit - Cusco strut bar - TRD Quickshifter - 17x9 Enkei RPF1's with Nitto NT05's
KonTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KonTheory For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018)
Old 07-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTheory View Post
How long does a turbo install take?
Im moving to Toronto soon, and next summer will be ready for a turbo set up,
Def leaning towards Ptuning, and its within.. what I would call, reasonable driving range..

Ideally turbo and Tune 3 to 4 Days. They like taking their time with the tuning but I am sure by next years time frame it could be done in like 3 solid days.
Hicklinc (01-29-2018), KonTheory (07-06-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #18
kanundrum

You Folks should do a yelp review. http://www.yelp.com/biz/ptuning-manassas
Old 01-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #19
ogrowup

Drives: Asphalt build in progress
I agree with all of the above and then some. This is a class outfit. I read reviews, saw their posts for a while and then visited their site. Big shop, lots of techs, clean work area, very professional. They even have a big screen tv with all sorts of car movies to watch. Patrick has treated me really well despite my indecision on wheels and exhaust system...haha
My car is a beast, and I will give all the details in a post soon...
If there was a grade above A+ I would give it to them.
ogrowup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ogrowup For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018), kanundrum (01-13-2015), Mrc@ptuning (01-14-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 AM   #20
Events@Ptuning

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
For anyone who is not already, Like/Follow us on Facebook for more http://www.facebook.com/PTUNING/
Events@Ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Events@Ptuning For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018), kanundrum (04-17-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #21
ybotspawn

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Again +1 for PTUNING, Pat practically killed himself to get my wheels and tires for me!
ybotspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ybotspawn For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018)
Old 04-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #22
Events@Ptuning

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybotspawn View Post
Again +1 for PTUNING, Pat practically killed himself to get my wheels and tires for me!
Thanks!
Events@Ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #23
kanundrum

My FR-S Will be officially sold in the next day or 2 to local fellow track enthusiast who wanted to buy the car as is (Ptuning 440whp Setup) running e85 and who also has a Ptuning Power FR-S with water meth. He loves the car and ptuning so much he wanted 2 vehicles.

I wanted to say thanks to @Mrc@ptuning @ptuning @Ken@PTuning @Freddy@PTUNING for providing what could be only described as the best support a car enthusiasts could ask for, the team, the shop, the workmanship is top notch and I would trust them with the care of any of my cars whether they support the car like they do the FR-S or they don't.

I don't know if most of you get this feeling but you can tell a "cars" health/reliability by the way it drives. Never has the ptuning turbo kit left me stranded, on the side of the road, or un-driveable at any point. I think when it comes to modifying your car this is a key feature which you simply cannot get by throwing money at a part. It all comes down to time and research and this is where I think @ptuning stands out. You can drive it hard but drive it home.

Good luck to everyone in the future races. I will still be part of this forum because lets be serious @ichitaka05 loves my help when it comes to the 86Expo!
Freddy@PTUNING (09-07-2016), Hicklinc (01-29-2018), Mrc@ptuning (08-29-2016)
Old 01-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #24
rb6freak

Drives: 23 BRZ
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Three years later. PTuning is still supporting my needs as a turbo BRZ owner. They know me by name... it's such a nice feeling to have that relationship with a shop that supports you 100%. Some recent thoughts and experiences come to mind that might explain how awesome they are:

- Their sales staff respond to my order requests in a timely manner and they exceed my requests for shipping timeline. They are also super helpful in finding me the right product for the job.

- Their mechanic has helped me with a suggestion to a problem caused by my own installation error. I've e-mailed PTuning several times with questions to their products and installation; they've been helpful every single time.

- Their tuner is still top notch and supports my requests and needs.

- And lastly their products are just insanely awesome. Have you seen their investment casted 2 piece overpipe? Holy moly that thing is beautiful in person. I bet it's the strongest piece of metal on my car.

Shoutout to PTuning!
Old 01-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #25
Freddy@PTUNING

Drives: Honda S2000 & Acura RSX Type-S
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Freddy@PTUNING
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb6freak View Post
Three years later. PTuning is still supporting my needs as a turbo BRZ owner. They know me by name... it's such a nice feeling to have that relationship with a shop that supports you 100%. Some recent thoughts and experiences come to mind that might explain how awesome they are:

- Their sales staff respond to my order requests in a timely manner and they exceed my requests for shipping timeline. They are also super helpful in finding me the right product for the job.

- Their mechanic has helped me with a suggestion to a problem caused by my own installation error. I've e-mailed PTuning several times with questions to their products and installation; they've been helpful every single time.

- Their tuner is still top notch and supports my requests and needs.

- And lastly their products are just insanely awesome. Have you seen their investment casted 2 piece overpipe? Holy moly that thing is beautiful in person. I bet it's the strongest piece of metal on my car.

Shoutout to PTuning!
Thank you Mike! Appreciate the kind words and we are always here to help! Your vids and reviews are also very helpful to the community.
Freddy@PTUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freddy@PTUNING For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018), kanundrum (01-10-2017), rb6freak (01-10-2017), skylinekin (01-10-2017)

Tags
ptuning, reviews