follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #239
fasteddy

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it standard to remove the MAF sensor with the Flash N go tunes?

Pat
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #240
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
Is it standard to remove the MAF sensor with the Flash N go tunes?

Pat

No,

The MAF sensor stays attached, as the ECU still uses it to monitor other parameters. Removing the MAF, even though it is not being used to meter air, would result in the car running poorly or not at all.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #241
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
@sales@delicioustuning.com when running multiple maps, which number does it automatically default to during each start up?

Also, if the rear O2 is switched off in the tune, does it mean we could technically drive around with a rear sensor disconnected (at the harness) without throwing the CEL?

My plan is to get the exhaust shop to hook up the AEM wideband into the rear O2 location when installing the new header, then drive home to connect the analog output wire to the ECU myself....so during that short period the ECU would not be 'reading' anything from the rear sensor. Will it still throw a CEL?

Edit: nevermind I found out it defaults to map #1 at each start up, unless you turn key to "on" position twice before starting ignition. Also found out it's not good to drive with sensor installed but not powered, as it'll foul the sensor.

Last edited by Fizz; 01-10-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #242
fasteddy

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
No,

The MAF sensor stays attached, as the ECU still uses it to monitor other parameters. Removing the MAF, even though it is not being used to meter air, would result in the car running poorly or not at all.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Ok thanks. I was reading about the racerom upgrade on your web page and it stated:

The Speed Density (SD) feature changes the way the engine load is calculated. When SD mode is activated, the ECU will disregard the MAF sensor reading and will instead calculate mass airflow based on Engine Speed, Manifold Pressure and Air Temperature, this allows the MAF sensor to be removed, and a larger intake may then be fitted if desired.

I guess that as that may be an option with the software but that is not the way your tune is setup.

Thanks!

Pat
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #243
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
Ok thanks. I was reading about the racerom upgrade on your web page and it stated:

The Speed Density (SD) feature changes the way the engine load is calculated. When SD mode is activated, the ECU will disregard the MAF sensor reading and will instead calculate mass airflow based on Engine Speed, Manifold Pressure and Air Temperature, this allows the MAF sensor to be removed, and a larger intake may then be fitted if desired.

I guess that as that may be an option with the software but that is not the way your tune is setup.

Thanks!

Pat
Pat,

Correct, but notice the Air Temperature is used to calculate speed density. Well where does the Air Temperature come from? It comes from inside the MAF sensor so you still need the MAF sensor unless you decide to run an external temp sensor which can also be done. Something we are looking into with our FlexFuel system.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 01-22-2015, 07:41 PM   #244
Shit Luck

Drives: red frs
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Still having the same warm start and idle issues....
No resolution yet.
Shit Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #245
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit Luck View Post
Still having the same warm start and idle issues....
No resolution yet.
Hmmmm, have you smoked tested your vehicle yet to make sure there are no vacuum leaks? Just verifying.

Also we are working on updating the tune further for improved idle with A/C On/Off conditions and balancing that has been fun.

Anyway I want to let people know also that creating these tunes and adjusting them is not as simple as, just send a quick update. There is a lot of development time to build something, literally from nothing and to work in all on all cars, with varying forced inductions kits, on varying fuels, in varying climates, with varying injectors, varying map sensors, with a speed density tune on a car designed around a MAF sensor. So please be patient, this is rocket science and are continuously updating the tune and testing every day, literally.

So I understand people want that perfect tune and that is what we are here to do, but it takes times to perfect it further.

Did I mention we are working on CLOSED LOOP FUEL CONTROL under WOT conditions. So now we can perfectly target AFR under varying loads, different boost levels and in different gears.

Please be patient, as we continue further development and add more features, while refining other ones.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
bakerr6 (01-28-2015), DesertFrs (01-23-2015), ft86me (01-22-2015), SkAsphalt (01-29-2015), texasbound972 (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 10:33 PM   #246
texasbound972
USMC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6-MT Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Hmmmm, have you smoked tested your vehicle yet to make sure there are no vacuum leaks? Just verifying.

Also we are working on updating the tune further for improved idle with A/C On/Off conditions and balancing that has been fun.

Anyway I want to let people know also that creating these tunes and adjusting them is not as simple as, just send a quick update. There is a lot of development time to build something, literally from nothing and to work in all on all cars, with varying forced inductions kits, on varying fuels, in varying climates, with varying injectors, varying map sensors, with a speed density tune on a car designed around a MAF sensor. So please be patient, this is rocket science and are continuously updating the tune and testing every day, literally.

So I understand people want that perfect tune and that is what we are here to do, but it takes times to perfect it further.

Did I mention we are working on CLOSED LOOP FUEL CONTROL under WOT conditions. So now we can perfectly target AFR under varying loads, different boost levels and in different gears.

Please be patient, as we continue further development and add more features, while refining other ones.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Very true! Bill works long hours and weekends sometimes and does what he can to help if someone is having issues. It's basically come down to just dealing with the idle issue with the A/C on. He has made vast improvements, and running the turbo kit I have on mine and with the starting issues after my built Crawford block was done, it is near perfect. He showed me on his laptop what goes on with the fuel map with the A/C on. Seems like the ecu cannot make up its mind lol. Thank you again Bill for taking a look and fixing my idle issue and I'll send you some logs tomorrow!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #247
Shit Luck

Drives: red frs
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The car barley idles when coming to a stop, it bogs and bucks trying to pull out from lights. it pretty much refuses to start warm. I was told my logs look fine initially.
I have tried multiple sets of vacuum line sizes and fitting styles. Nothing changes.
Its pretty much a highway only car at this point as I am sure I am killing my expensive clutch trying to drive it.
Shit Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #248
DesertFrs

Drives: Scion FRS 10 Series AVO Turbo
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
I remember when I was one of the first few Bill dyno tuned on the dyno of FRS / BRZ platform back in 2012/2013. I received an amazing tune then on my FI FRS, but I have to admit. Bills tune then were at the top compared to any other well know tuner with its custom mappings. Comparing my last map to the first one, I gotta say that theirs definetly rocket science into it because their no where near being close to each other. If it takes Bill an x amount of time to get back with a tune then I'll wait. I prefer taking a tune that has been perfected as much as it can by logs then a half fast job tune (done by other tuners). He's a very busy guy with thousands of customers and with product development and R&D, so people please be patient. Keep on rocking @DeliciousTuning!
AVO STG1 Turbo w/ 8PSI Actuator, AVO 3" Catless Turbo Back Exhaust, AVO Air Filter, ACT 6 Puck Clutch, DW65c Fuel Pump, 900cc DW Injectors, Grimmspeed EBC, Delicious Tuning Custom Tune, 0W-20 Purol, AEM Strutbar, GrimmSpeed Hood Struts, Mann Engineering Coilovers, RacerX UCA, Gram Lights 57Xtreme, 275/35/18 BfGoodrich G-Sport Comp2 Tires, MV Designz Aero Kit, Beatsonic Shark Fin & Roof Spoiler, Five Axis Trunk Spoiler, OEMAudioPlus Reference 400
DesertFrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #249
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit Luck View Post
The car barley idles when coming to a stop, it bogs and bucks trying to pull out from lights. it pretty much refuses to start warm. I was told my logs look fine initially.
I have tried multiple sets of vacuum line sizes and fitting styles. Nothing changes.
Its pretty much a highway only car at this point as I am sure I am killing my expensive clutch trying to drive it.
As an FYI, we literally sent a new tune out last night to a JDL customer and his idle is rock solid.

So send me another log of idle, AC off and I will look at it again. There must be something going on that I am just overlooking.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 01-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #250
diodelphi

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
wot afr control

Quote:

Delicious Tuning
I think 2 thing should be better even in NA tune:
1. targeting AFR be stable at wot
2. CL/OL transition delay goes to zero

hope to see it at new 2015 tunes
diodelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diodelphi For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (01-23-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 08:58 PM   #251
cruizin01

Drives: 13' BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
sweet. any idea why more manf dont do this from the get go?
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:40 PM   #252
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin01 View Post
sweet. any idea why more manf dont do this from the get go?
Some manufacturers do in fact apply CLOSED LOOP under full throttle. Mercedes for example does and I would assume they do not because if the front O2 sensor fails slowly (which they can do) it usually causes them to lean out.

This is why we have ours in development and we are thinking about this as we develop the tune and have some solutions for this when the time comes, that the sensor will fail so it will not run lean.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
diodelphi (01-27-2015)