follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #337
CXTKRS1

Drives: 2009 Scion xD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So is this thing gonna have regular slushbox transmission with a torque converter for the automatic or not?
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #338
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
So is this thing gonna have regular slushbox transmission with a torque converter for the automatic or not?
Its based off the ISF? So ... yes?
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #339
AIRMAX

Drives: MR2 GT '93, Corolla and Impreza
As I said on my previous post, the 1000 per year build was misunderstood, still kudos to Leeky to be able to speak to people there.

In regards to the comment about the car being not 100% production.

Well, technically, they are still making changes to the car based on testing (durability etc). What the commenter meant by not 100% production could literally mean a few extra bits and pieces that people cannot see... and a couple of "tweaks" on the exterior and interior parts, which are all based on what the durability trials shows... and it takes 3-4 months for the changes to be applied by the part makers so, yes, by launch in April 2012, some parts will have changes to them.... but minor... and wont really change the appearance of the car.

I am highly interested on the body kit being tested on Nurburgring, the one with the STI high wings and skirts and front spoiler skirt.... I wouldn't be surprise if thats an optional Sports kit when you order this car, then you also tick TRD parts if you like those.

And the wheels! they look a bit big and costly considering 50% of buyers will CHANGE the wheels within the first year.

I think dont be surprise if they release it with basic alloys, 16 x 6.5s, then make the 17s, 18s optional.

For me thats fine.... I would install Work/VOLK/Rays etc wheels pretty much as soon as I buy it... if I buy it... hehe

Surely this is in Toyota/Subaru's minds so they will definitely see saving money by offering smaller wheels for the base.
AIRMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #340
youngxlos

Drives: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
that is weird because when i went to my Toyota/Scion dealer today the sales man said, "yeah" when i said I heard only 1000 would me made every year.... maybe he was just agreeing with me.
either way he said he would call me early February so i could come in and make a deposit.
I cant wait to get this car!!!!!
youngxlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #341
CXTKRS1

Drives: 2009 Scion xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
Its based off the ISF? So ... yes?
Wow being behind the wheel of an auto FRS will be a numb experience.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #342
Buggy51

Quote:
Well... from what others have said, having an ISF transmission wasn't exactly bad. Keep an open mind when you test drive it?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #343
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I think the closest we got to an 'official' answer on production is that numbers won't actually be know/released until much closer to the actual production launch, next year.

Anyone think the 'advertising' guys in the pic were just other reporters being ****s? Why would a head of advertising need the fancy camera?

Edit: Is the swear-filter new? (rhymes with 'hicks')
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
If anything, wouldn't daihatsu be the one loosing out?

There's a swear filter now? Cock sucking titty fucking three balled son of a bitch!
HAHAHAA
the swear filter only works on D I C K for some reason..
everything else is good to go
so cant say **** but you can say cock.. makes sense right?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #344
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Not exactly. IS-F was made to be sporty with auto tranny, I don't see the tranny based on the one in IS-F is not sporty. Many magazines claimed that New GS, which has 6speed tranny based on IS-F, is sportier than the outgoing model.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #345
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I think the closest we got to an 'official' answer on production is that numbers won't actually be know/released until much closer to the actual production launch, next year.

Anyone think the 'advertising' guys in the pic were just other reporters being ****s? Why would a head of advertising need the fancy camera?

Edit: Is the swear-filter new? (rhymes with 'hicks')
You mean the nickname for Richard? How is that more vulgar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
If anything, wouldn't daihatsu be the one loosing out?

There's a swear filter now? Cock sucking titty fucking three balled son of a bitch!
Oh my. You take the cake and shove it down the guy's throat. X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeky View Post
Hi guys. I'm at the show and cleared up all the confusion so everybody relax. The guy who I thought was head of advertising for Toyota was actually head of advertising for social network racer. And i think he was talking about something else when talking about 1000 units all hand made. So very sorry to all for the mix up.

I had a man from Toyota pr correct me over the mix up. It was quite funny afterwards lol

So to confirm, there are no figures for production numbers yet and the car is being mass produced on a normal production line.

So sorry guys, looks like I've totally dropped the ball here lol

Probably better if I keep everything I hear to myself and stop causing confusion lol
NP man, we know you're trying to help. I hope your trip was great.

Quote:
Well... from what others have said, having an ISF transmission wasn't exactly bad. Keep an open mind when you test drive it?
Keep it civil gentlemen. No need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #346
Buggy51

^Isn't going off-topic what we do best? o_O

And I thought I was perfectly civil <_< what did I do?
Old 11-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #347
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Quote:
^Isn't going off-topic what we do best? o_O

And I thought I was perfectly civil <_< what did I do?
Nothing, your post is a perfect example of civil conversation.

I avoided quoting the offender. >.> grr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:12 AM   #348
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Leeky no need to apologize, the person who should apologize is the guy in charge of social network racer that fed you false info! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #349
Leeky
3S-GTE Junky

Drives: Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205
Hey guys

Thanks to you all for understanding and apologies to Toyota for any trouble this mis-information has caused.

When the person from Toyota PR quizzed me on my post i suddenly realised that if i told him who it was then i would get that person in trouble. So i played dumb and said i couldnt remeber who told me But.... that made me look like a liar in the eyes of the guy from Toyota PR But it was worth it as it was just one whole big misunderstanding and the whole thing has blown over now. Just turned out to be a language barrier problem. I was talking about the 86 and he was talking about another car lol

EVERYONE has been awesome! And the friendliest people in the whole world I've made many many new friends from this trip and i fully intend to visit Japan again. I also have welcomed everyone i have met to come and visit England so i can show them around

Anyway you'll be glad to know i have many many close up pictures of the cars interior AND under the bonnet!

I was one of the few very lucky people who got to sit in the car and i can safely report that its awesome!

Not too big, not too small and very very well built.

And the funny thing is... i was planning on getting a manual, but since touching the shift paddles i now want the auto hehe

Anyway, i'll go upload my pictures now and start a new thread right away!

btw someone called me Leeky at the show, introduced themselves to me and i shook their hand. I do apologise that we didnt have a proper conversation as it was at that moment that Toyota PR came to talk to me. So apologies for that and please post up to let me know it was you

Last edited by Leeky; 11-30-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Leeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #350
chessplaya2010

Drives: Scion Tc
Personally, never seen how a forum post can be quoted directly on other online sites articles. I saw Leeky's post on many other sites and these would describe how he was purposely mislead so spread those rumors to build up the hype. I never thought of it that way... in fact when i found out about the limited production, i almost got discouraged, but Leeky's post must have gotten to toyota rapidly, because within hours/days, there were official toyota annoucements debunking this issue... i had my doubts and always considered the language barrier a possibility. It's clear Leeky had no intentions to feed us wrong info.... thanks anyway Leeky! still surprised at how ur post went almost viral on the interwebs
chessplaya2010 is offline   Reply With Quote