follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Jared0934

Drives: Strawberry Pie
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Irvine-OC) Wanna blackout your lights/tails?

So I recently blacked out the front headlights (thanks darrendrive for the dope write up) and now I'm looking to blackout the back. I don't really want to go spent 80 bucks on a dremel for one project so if anyone has a dremel and wants to try this shit together let me know, I'd also gladly blackout the headlights for your too if you haven't.. It's pretty easy once you do it you're a bit more confident... Not as scary as it seems.

So yup, if anyones local to Irvine or Orange County and wants to kick it for a day I got a garage, pool, grills, beer w/e let's spend a day getting some wurk done!

If I dnt get anyone by the end of the week I'll probably just buy one and do it anyways, so if you're local and want to do this and dont have a dremel either let me know I might just get it and say fck it lets do this.
Jared0934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
slidethis
Banned

Drives: Argento
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared0934 View Post
So I recently blacked out the front headlights (thanks darrendrive for the dope write up) and now I'm looking to blackout the back. I don't really want to go spent 80 bucks on a dremel for one project so if anyone has a dremel and wants to try this shit together let me know, I'd also gladly blackout the headlights for your too if you haven't.. It's pretty easy once you do it you're a bit more confident... Not as scary as it seems.

So yup, if anyones local to Irvine or Orange County and wants to kick it for a day I got a garage, pool, grills, beer w/e let's spend a day getting some wurk done!

If I dnt get anyone by the end of the week I'll probably just buy one and do it anyways, so if you're local and want to do this and dont have a dremel either let me know I might just get it and say fck it lets do this.
Thats so 2009..
slidethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
hmmmm
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Id probably be down, but i wont have my car until a week from friday.. Im truly frightened of cutting the tail lights open though, haha
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Jared0934

It's only scary because it's our new car but it really isn't that bad. Just draw your cut line and dont cut deeper then you need and voila.. My only concern is sealing it back up....

Wait let me sweeten the deal...

I got candy kids...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
DNAPoPo
GreddyBRZ meets GreddyFRS

Drives: SSM Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I like your style Jared!
DNAPoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared0934 View Post
It's only scary because it's our new car but it really isn't that bad. Just draw your cut line and dont cut deeper then you need and voila.. My only concern is sealing it back up....

Wait let me sweeten the deal...

I got candy kids...
lmao, but when you open the trunk does it look nice and clean? or does it look like you cut it open?
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Jared0934

well when I do cut them up, I can promise it will go back together clean. I got out of the S13 scene for a reason, not going back to bondo patches and zip ties thank you.

Looks like everyones to scared to do it :-P if anyone in OC needs help with baking there headlights LMK I'll help out.

Gunna wait until next week to see if anyone local has a dremel I can use / do both cars together if not I'm going to buy one next week so PM me if you're in OC and want to do this.

If anyone needs a detailer around here too HMU I don't do it professionally but I do a good job using professional products I trust on my own car and 2011 Range Rover Sport both are swirl-less and shiny as a mofugga.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Ohbean

Drives: FR-S
Not really local to OC but I've been wanting to blackout the tails. You confident you can do it right? I'm pretty sure I'd F it up lol.
Ohbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
oso_25
OH HEY NOW!!!!

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s Asphalt
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
If you have a lift or some jack stands I would be down need some help installing a exhaust soon
oso_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #11
Teknian_Culprate13

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yo bro I live in San Clemente I'm I'm down to meet up and black out our tail lights and headlights but I don't have a dremel I go to Saddleback Community College and have met a couple other kids there that I ride with not that have frs
Teknian_Culprate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
El_STiG
Lord Stig

Drives: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
cough cough... I've done two sema rocket bunny cars. I can't pm though sadly.

and I get semi banned yet you can keep this thread unlock. Wack!
El_STiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
Jared0934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbean View Post
Not really local to OC but I've been wanting to blackout the tails. You confident you can do it right? I'm pretty sure I'd F it up lol.
Yeah man I mean I'm as confident as can be without having done it before? You know how it is, I can be as cool and collect as anyone but cutting open 400 dollar lights is still gunna be nervous until you've done it on multiple platforms before and just know what to expect. Like I said, I just did my headlights the other day and they came out great IMO no fish eyes or nothing. gunna pressure wash it next week giving it lots of time to cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso_25 View Post
If you have a lift or some jack stands I would be down need some help installing a exhaust soon
I don't know who said what about an exhaust... But if it's catback I'd be glad to help ya out. Anything but overpipe unless you got a truck jack to be able to jack the engine up. My jack is a "low profile" one that is shitty and only lifts the car like 2 feet up so when you're under it your face is hella close to what you're working on. LMK though I'd be glad to meet some locals and help wrench around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknian_Culprate13 View Post
Yo bro I live in San Clemente I'm I'm down to meet up and black out our tail lights and headlights but I don't have a dremel I go to Saddleback Community College and have met a couple other kids there that I ride with not that have frs
I don't know what dafuq you just said to me but rock on PM me if any of that meant you actually want to crack them open with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_STiG View Post
cough cough... I've done two sema rocket bunny cars. I can't pm though sadly.

and I get semi banned yet you can keep this thread unlock. Wack!
Yeah man I was thinking of just bringing them to you. But you're you know I'm gunna be out a car 5-7 hours anyways, I may as well get the learning experience in there... But if I fuq em up best be sure I'll be at ur doorstep with my puppy eyes turned on to baby mode..... or just like this

Last edited by Jared0934; 01-12-2013 at 12:14 AM.