follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2019, 01:57 AM   #1
Daver

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Migrate 17 trunk to a 15 with Backup Cam?

Hi Guys, Has anyone swapped a 2017+ trunk onto a 13-15? Did you incorporate the backup cam?

I have been looking through threads and wiring diagrams and still can't quite wrap my head around how to tackle this.

I replaced my 2015 Trunk Lid with a 2017 lid, When I did so I noticed the harness to connect license plate lighting and trunk latch release was different. I figured it shouldn't be too big of a deal to order a new harness and repin the wires from trunk.... But then that shiny OEM backup cam caught my eye, and now I'd like to utilize that. Clearly the wiring is not run for the camera itself from the head unit to the trunk harness, So i am thinking I will do this:

-Snip off 2017 Trunk wire harness and repin to the 2015 style (this will leave me the 4 wires that run the cam, I will pin these into a 4 port harness)

- Run the 4 aforementioned wires from Head to Trunk, then pin a 4 plex on each end, and plug up at the trunk.

I thought that I saw in a YT vid that the stock head units already have a receiving connection for a backup cam? If so I would just pin into that.

Any thoughts on if this harebrained scheme will work? Or am I missing something simple, or overthinking?

Thanks!
Daver is offline   Reply With Quote