follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
greighn

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealer/Service Recommendation (Western Phila Suburbs)

A question for folks who live in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. I am seeking input on the best Toyota/Scion dealership to take my FR-S to for service. I've already received the "Special Service Campaign" letter and want to get it serviced by 1) a reputable dealer's service dept and 2) a place that has done some work on the FR-S already. I don't want mine to be the first one they work on.

I live closest to Del Toyota in Coatesville. Anyone have anything positive to say about them? How about Tri-County in Limerick or Sloan Toyota in Devon?

I appreciate any feedback you folks have.

Thanks!

-Gary.
greighn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Del Toyota service is ok I guess for a new car. I used to take my truck there for inspections (do all the maintenance myself). Seemed like every time they found something that "needed" to be fixed to pass inspection. But it was always something that could use fixing even if it didn't necessarily need it yet.

The final straw though was when I asked them to do an alignment and they told me the alignment cams were seized in the lower control arm. I was fully aware that this is a common issue in Tacomas, and mine being 6-7 years old at the time didn't seam unlikely. So I took it home and started looking into getting replacement LCAs. Then decided I would give the bolts a shot myself first, soaked them in some PB blaster for a bit and for kicks tried them with my torque wrench set to the torque spec for those bolts. They came loose right at the proper torque.

So I've been going to Firestone in Thorndale since for inspection/alignments and have been pretty happy with their service. I did however buy my FR-S at Del Toyota, they were nice enough sales people and I was their first FR-S customer so they seemed all pretty excited about the car. Haven't had it in for service yet so I'm curious what others have to say about the dealers in the area as well.
enigmaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
greighn

Bump. Anyone else in the area have any comments?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
fledonfoot

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Garage
I work at Team Toyota in Langhorne as a service writer, if you feel like making the trek over just drop me a line. I own an asphalt FR-S, and my guys have had plenty of experience with mine.
fledonfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
greighn

Bump?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greighn View Post
Bump?
Gary how far do you feel like traveling?

Thompson Toyota in Doylestown is an excellent dealership with great customer service.

But if you do decide on looking into further dealerships I suggest you avoid Conicelli and Ardmore Toyota and you're better off having your barber work on your car than taking it to Peruzzi Toyota.

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
greighn

Thanks, flendonfoot and Laika. Those two locations are a little impractical for me for a typical service appointment (unless I can get a rental car for the duration). I'm trying to stay within about a 10-15 mile radius of Exton if possible.

I hear rumor of a new Toyota Dealership to be built on the site of the current UA East Whiteland Cinema on Route 30 in Frazer. That would be the closest to me. I hear it will be a Sloan dealership so we'll see.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Quote:
Thanks, flendonfoot and Laika. Those two locations are a little impractical for me for a typical service appointment (unless I can get a rental car for the duration). I'm trying to stay within about a 10-15 mile radius of Exton if possible.

I hear rumor of a new Toyota Dealership to be built on the site of the current UA East Whiteland Cinema on Route 30 in Frazer. That would be the closest to me. I hear it will be a Sloan dealership so we'll see.
Hadn't heard about that. Is that theater shut down now?

Just remembered I have also used Carousel Toyota down at Rt. 1 and 202 years ago. That was for the first few years after I bought my '04 Tacoma from them. Just had oil changes and inspections done so not much experience. But they offered up free oil changes and $10 rental car for the day back then before it was a standard thing. And the rentals were usually nice, current model, fully loaded, once was a Sequoia Limited. Only "incident" I had with them was one time after an oil change I walked out to my truck to see the driver's door scuffed up pretty bad like something hit it or fell on it (could have happened in their parking lot, who knows). Walked right back in, they came out to check it, and we scheduled an appointment where they repainted/rebadged the door at no cost to me.
enigmaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
ARDMOREFRS

Drives: 2013 SCION FRS (ASPHALT)
dealer service

Quote:
A question for folks who live in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. I am seeking input on the best Toyota/Scion dealership to take my FR-S to for service. I've already received the "Special Service Campaign" letter and want to get it serviced by 1) a reputable dealer's service dept and 2) a place that has done some work on the FR-S already. I don't want mine to be the first one they work on.

I live closest to Del Toyota in Coatesville. Anyone have anything positive to say about them? How about Tri-County in Limerick or Sloan Toyota in Devon?

I appreciate any feedback you folks have.

Thanks!

-Gary.
Ardmore Toyota in Ardmore Pennsylvania. I'm a technician there
ARDMOREFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
ARDMOREFRS

Hey all. Proud new owner of an asphalt m/t frs. Best car ive ever owned
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
ARDMOREFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fledonfoot View Post
I work at Team Toyota in Langhorne as a service writer, if you feel like making the trek over just drop me a line. I own an asphalt FR-S, and my guys have had plenty of experience with mine.
Tell eddie gonzalez in parts that dave from ardmore toyota says hi
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
ARDMOREFRS

Quote:

Actually you would be correct. the sloane family bought it. (sloane toyota of glenside and devon) It will be their new dealership.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
skyre

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARDMOREFRS View Post
Tell eddie gonzalez in parts that dave from ardmore toyota says hi

You may have serviced/seen my ultramarine FRS, I brought it in to get it checked out! Probably be back there again sometime soon.
skyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
Gearhd79

well, I live a few too many miles west of all of you but, Ive had my Tacoma and my Scion XB serviced, bought my FJ Cruiser and my FRS from Bobby Rahal Toyota/Scion in central pa (Mechanicsburg) and have had great service from them when i need somthing or i get lazy. (I do almost everything myself)
Gearhd79 is offline   Reply With Quote