follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #1807
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shiv, please reply to my emails/messages. I haven't heard back in several weeks. Should I open a new thread for my issue?
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #1808
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Shiv, any possibility of coming up with an addition to the manager that would simulate being connected to the car so we can setup the device while sitting at our desks and have it ready to go when we get out to the car? Essentially allow access to the menu structure of the device while connected to the computer for power?
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #1809
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Is there an available tune for us to download for stage 1 93 with the grimmspeed intake? I saw a thread where people had to email shiv to get the tune but that was late last year. Has it been put anywhere on their site or do you still have to email them for the tune?
Husker BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #1810
Bradyg1

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Questions new to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombinhood@OpenFlash View Post
Greetings,

We just got today's dyno results in for the OpenFlash Stg1 tune. This calibration is intended for completely stock 6MT vehicles running on pump gas (91-93 octane). The first dyno graph is comparing stock to our final OpenFlash Tablet Stg 1 calibration. The second dyno graph shows multiple runs with each calibration demonstration repeatability. There are no "glory runs" shown. The tune has been torture tested on the street and shown good stability. All the runs are taken from the same car on the same dyno, on the same day. The test car is completely stock. Not even a drop-in panel filter. It has 900 miles on the odometer with it's first oil change at 800 miles.

Other than having more power through revised fuel, ignition and intake/exhaust cam timing tables, listed below are some other changes that have been implemented to improve subjective driving characteristics. We think they will be especially appreciated by those who use their cars for track days and backroad attacks:

1) Overrun maps have been adjusted to allow for full engine breaking at higher engine speed. This is useful for those who use the throttle to adjust their cornering balance.

2) Remapped Drive-by-Wire tables to improve throttle response and provide for a more "natural" relationship between pedal position and throttle angle.

3) Acceleration enrichments have been adjusted to provide sharper torque response at sudden throttle openings.

4) Partial load ignition maps (2500-3500rpm) have been adjusted to eliminate knock and the resultant IAM decay that occurs with the stock tune under certain conditions.

5) Launch control and No-Lift Shift/Flat-foot shift implemented. Both are user adjustable.

The OpenFlash Tablet will be available for sale on Monday, September 9th. Intro price will be $495. This Stage 1 map file will be available for download (and unencrypted viewing/editing) at that time as well. Other maps (for cars running on E85 and with more mods) will follow shortly thereafter

In the meantime if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here. For those who want to see the OpenFlash Tablet in action, you could look at the instruction videos and FAQs (for the BMW application) posted by our friends at Vishnu Tuning:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54...ash/index.html

The FR-S/BRZ application is similar but with some distinct differences:

1) The initial installation takes approximately 2 minutes (instead of 1hr for the BMW)

2) Each flash write takes approximately 5 minutes (instead of 12 minutes for the BMW).

3) Each FR-S/BRZ ROM is generic and does not contain any unique vehicle identifiers (immobilizier, VIN data, etc,.) so entire ROMs can be flashed. This is very convenient. Whereas the BMW application requires the original ROM be modified by a patch feature in Tuner Pro.

That's all I can think of at this time of night. But I'll check in tomorrow

Good night to all...
Hi! New to all this just wondering and want to make sure when I buy this Open flash tablet, I have to download the stage 1 map afterwards? My car is completely stock. 2013 Scion FR-S I want to add some bolt in mods after I purchase this first. so if I'm understanding this correctly once I buy headers, air intake, front tube, over tube ect. I can retune it accordingly correct ? I have only access to 91,93 octane fuel so that's the best I can run. Any info on how to do this correctly would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot!!!
Bradyg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #1811
Bradyg1

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradyg1 View Post
Hi! New to all this just wondering and want to make sure when I buy this Open flash tablet, I have to download the stage 1 map afterwards? My car is completely stock. 2013 Scion FR-S I want to add some bolt in mods after I purchase this first. so if I'm understanding this correctly once I buy headers, air intake, front tube, over tube ect. I can retune it accordingly correct ? I have only access to 91,93 octane fuel so that's the best I can run. Any info on how to do this correctly would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot!!!
Also one other thing I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot but how do you read those dyno tests you posted? I don't understand it all the way. Lol thanks !
Bradyg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #1812
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradyg1 View Post
maybe read the oft tips link below , and yes you get tunes for stock el uel headers
and 91/93/e85 fuels
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:12 AM   #1813
Jahris

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
So, I just ordered my tablet. Was wondering which stage I can tune my car at with my current mods. I have a catted el header, over pipe, 2.5 catback, tekada intake, tekada throttle body spacer.
Jahris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #1814
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahris View Post
So, I just ordered my tablet. Was wondering which stage I can tune my car at with my current mods. I have a catted el header, over pipe, 2.5 catback, tekada intake, tekada throttle body spacer.

Stege 1 tune will be fine.

you can try stage 2 EL catless tune but you would need to check for knock.

oft guys dont do a specific tune for catted hi flow header

stage 1 tune is for stock header but will be safe with your setup

see OFT tips link below
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
phm14 (05-20-2020)
Old 03-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #1815
Jahris

Quote:
How long does it take to get it shipped if I order direct from OFT
Old 03-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #1816
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
How long does it take to get it shipped if I order direct from OFT
Mine took 10 business days, because overseas
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #1817
Jahris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teseo View Post
Mine took 10 business days, because overseas
Did you get any confirmation that order was processed and be delivered?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #1818
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, and tracking number
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #1819
Calvin27

Drives: GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker BRZ View Post
Is there an available tune for us to download for stage 1 93 with the grimmspeed intake? I saw a thread where people had to email shiv to get the tune but that was late last year. Has it been put anywhere on their site or do you still have to email them for the tune?
This is a good idea!
Calvin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #1820
trcjr

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Series.Yellow
Quote:
I placed an order on 2/24 and it shipped 2/27 and is out for delivery today.
trcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trcjr For This Useful Post:
trvth (03-06-2017)

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest