follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Opposed

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! Ecutek problem

Hey everyone. I am returning my car back to stock after being boosted. It was tuned on BRZedit, but I am now attempting to flash it back with my old Ecutek N/A tune. I am getting an error code 37 "security violation time delay" when trying to query the ECU. My car is now stuck at the shop. Anyone heard of this?
Old 06-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposed View Post
Hey everyone. I am returning my car back to stock after being boosted. It was tuned on BRZedit, but I am now attempting to flash it back with my old Ecutek N/A tune. I am getting an error code 37 "security violation time delay" when trying to query the ECU. My car is now stuck at the shop. Anyone heard of this?
Sounds like a licensing issue.

As you overwrote your ecutek rom with brzedit you will have lost the ecutek liciencing info in the ROM in the ecu.

you will have to contact your tuner or ecutek to get the licience re-issued.

Brzedit could also be the problem as it changes the seed keys and prevents anything else from writing to ecu. If you can flash a stock rom with brzedit you should be ok.

stock roms here at end of post

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...xtrix+ecuflash
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
Opposed

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think your right. I was able to flash the stock ROM file from BRZedit. I was them successfully able to query my ECU with Ecutek, but then it said I have zero license remaining. That could most likely be the issue. Well, either way, I am no longer stuck at the shop since I am on the stock ROM file. Car is drivable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Sounds like a licensing issue.

As you overwrote your ecutek rom with brzedit you will have lost the ecutek liciencing info in the ROM in the ecu.

you will have to contact your tuner or ecutek to get the licience re-issued.

Brzedit could also be the problem as it changes the seed keys and prevents anything else from writing to ecu. If you can flash a stock rom with brzedit you should be ok.

stock roms here at end of post

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...xtrix+ecuflash
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposed View Post
I think your right. I was able to flash the stock ROM file from BRZedit. I was them successfully able to query my ECU with Ecutek, but then it said I have zero license remaining. That could most likely be the issue. Well, either way, I am no longer stuck at the shop since I am on the stock ROM file. Car is drivable.
Ok if thats the case you have to get your licence renewed form your tuner or ecutek.Ecutek embeds licience info in any roms it writes to your ecu. If you write with anything else you overwrite the licience and your snookered. Unless you saved a copy of the stock ecutek rom with embedded licence info and can write it back with something like tactrix maybe.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Opposed (06-29-2014)