follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #15
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Oh. I always have the wheels off the car when I use it. Is changing wheels a few times most weekends unusual?
Big brake race pads generate far more dust , requiring washing almost every day (depending on pad and use), I use them always.

Removing wheels that frequently requires to much physical exercise !

Now if I can only get rid of that constant squeal (my loud exhaust helps).
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #16
dnieves

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've used Sonax, it creates a chemical reaction that dissolves brake dust. If your brake dust isn't baked on over the years then you just spray it on, wait a few minutes for it to turn dark red/burgundy then hose it off. If the brake dust in embedded espically in corners you will next a brush to agitate the solution (be careful not to scratch the finish). This stuff works really well, the only down side is it's a little expensive (but it did get cheaper from last year) and it smells like death.

Meguiar's Dub wheel cleaner U1422 is a identical (but cheaper) alternative that worked out just as well. Aside from being more inexpensive it smells a little less.

I sprayed it on my wheels, calipers, and everything behind the wheels. It's amazing how brake dust gets everywhere.
dnieves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dnieves For This Useful Post:
cjd (06-02-2018)