follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #99
Bad Habits

Drives: br zed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyro0 View Post
..... I've seen polls on forums that show around 90% of BRZ/FR-S owners having this issue.

Good luck with the warranty, I would try to get refunded for your current one and take the 7/100. It will at least help a few hundred if you go to sell it.
They offered me the 7/100 and the maintenance plan which I told him I would never use the maintenance. Ive already got four bottles of Motul, a case of Eneos and filters in my garage just waiting for me to free up a Saturday or Sunday. Honestly I may just stick with what I've got as it would be shitty of me to accept the extra warranty and turn around and void it.

The rep called me this eve, he wants to see the car in person to hear the HPFP tomorrow or Friday. I didn't drive the car to work today so by the time I take it to the dealer it will have been sitting for over 24/36 hrs. Watch it not make a sound lol.

And I don't know the number of people with the crickets but the rep told me he was at five different dealers in the last two days dealing with this issue alone. His words not mine "it has been nothing but a pain in the ass coordinating between multiple parties trying to get the right info to the right people" and that "there is so much confusion on the dealer/service level with the number of complaints SOA has been working day and night to resolve the issues" Could be smoke up the ass or maybe he is a genuine guy, time will tell. He said and I quote "there is a replacement fuel pump on its way to the dealer" Now, I do NOT want to imply that is a new part number, etc. As a betting man I bet a grand its the old pump but whatever at least its an attempt.

In the end all I asked for from the start was an attempt at fixing the issue on my car - was not trying to "strong arm" anyone into a new car, get out of the whopping $180 bucks a month payment, etc. I simply asked that a defective part be replaced under the warranty afforded me by purchasing a new car not a 15 y/o pos. Guess that bugs some nancy boys that talk outta their ass while they hide behind a keyboard on here but whatever

He also said the parts to fix the door issue for both doors should arrive by Friday, Monday at the latest. Only my drivers door is squeaking but they want to look at both. I did ask that any moisture, discoloration etc inside the door, the plastic layer, etc be noted as well. He said between wanting to pull any data from the computer to check on the rough idle/starts, the rear end noise etc they will probably just stick me in a rental starting Friday or Monday for two or three days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
I would suggest talking to the guys in your local forum. Ask around and try to find a good dealership to take it to. I found the right dealership before I made my purchase so I wouldn't have these issues.
Oh once this is all done I will never be going back to this dealer. I wouldn't buy an oil filter from them if it was the last on earth. There are two smaller dealers I have been directed to by some guys I talked to from Cars and Coffee that I were told to contact.
Bad Habits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #100
Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
Man, i'd take all the extended warranties he's offering and drive your car off in the sunset knowing anything that happens for the next 7 years/100k miles they'll fix it because you are one call away from the rep breathing down the service managers throat.
I don't understand why the guy did what he did. Not going to publicly bash him because I was asked not to but more so because he has created enough of a problem accusing a customer of lying and potentially costing him his job before the holidays. Moral of the story, don't be a dbag.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #101
subyro0

Drives: 2014 WRX STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habits View Post
"there is a replacement fuel pump on its way to the dealer" Now, I do NOT want to imply that is a new part number, etc. As a betting man I bet a grand its the old pump but whatever at least its an attempt.
It should be a new part number. The brand new part has just been released, I was told the new TSB is coming soon. I am getting it installed next week, and I was told it IS a brand new part number. This is the 3rd fuel pump built for the car (2nd replacement pump built).

I will update this thread.
subyro0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to subyro0 For This Useful Post:
Evil Jesus (10-29-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #102
Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyro0 View Post
It should be a new part number. The brand new part has just been released, I was told the new TSB is coming soon. I am getting it installed next week, and I was told it IS a brand new part number. This is the 3rd fuel pump built for the car (2nd replacement pump built).

I will update this thread.
Good luck to ya. Very interested to hear what you find out. Will update as well.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #103
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Has anyone seen the new crickets TSB yet..??

My buddy at Scion/USA told me there's a new repair out now but I haven't found a new TSB pdf as of yet.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #104
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD-X View Post
Has anyone seen the new crickets TSB yet..??

My buddy at Scion/USA told me there's a new repair out now but I haven't found a new TSB pdf as of yet.
Yes, it is revision 2. I had it completed on my car yesterday. not only are the crickets gone, but there was a great deal of clattering noise that is now gone too. The engine is still a little clattery, but no longer sounds like an old VW rabbit diesel engine.

Read about it here, post number 3077:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9836
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twag4 For This Useful Post:
Evil Jesus (10-29-2013), TRD-X (10-26-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #105
Evil Jesus

Drives: '13 FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I'll wait for the new TSB to be posted before I go get my HPFP replaced again.
Evil Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #106
SammyB

Drives: FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I've got rear light condensation, and the extended cranking thing/won't turn over on the first go. I actually took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago, and told them about the starting issue, said it only happened sometimes, and they came back and said "we didn't find anything wrong, we couldn't replicate it".... So, happened again last week, called them up, bringing it in monday. He better not come back and say "we didn't find anything wrong" again. No shit, it doesn't happen every time, I told them that before. How do I get this lazy shit to do his job?
SammyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #107
Jertronic

Drives: FR-S 10 Series 120 of 2500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
They are trained to react exactly as you describe. Be polite and courteous and ask that the car be brought out so that you can take the tech or service associate out for a test drive.

This way the issue can hopefully be duplicated.

All I had I do was have my service associate sit in my car as I started I and let the engine idle.

I got the same song and dance as you. "We couldn't find anything wrong." "We couldn't duplicate the issue".

We sat together in my car as i turned it over to start the engine and presto. Crickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #108
Garstang

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
door rattle when subs playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryljr11 View Post
Thats what I've been doing. I've been searching for a diy to fix it besides the one involving installing sound deadener in the door
I went to the dealer complaining about the door rattle when music playing. It was the power window switches. They replaced the switches on both doors. Fixed that problem. But still need to sound deadening to stop the rest of the door panel vib. But just having the power window switches replaced made a huge difference.
Garstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #109
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Garage
Thanks for sharing the updated HPFP TSB PDFs. I updated the first post with these 2 new PDFs.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #110
tinma

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Are these TSB's from SoA? I live in Canada and was wondering if I can bring in the HPFP TSB to my dealer because they dont even know about the chirps being an issue and they say its normal....
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #111
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Give Dealer Advanced Warning?

Have any of you tried calling the dealership service ahead of time and telling them that you have X, Y, and Z problems that are covered by TSBs before going in for routine maintenance? I have the taillight condensation and Chirps, and was thinking of just getting it all taken care of at my next oil change.

I figure if I tell them, they can get the parts ahead of time and avoid any more time of me in a rental than necessary. I have had decent dealings with this service department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #112
Evil Jesus

Drives: '13 FR-S Raven 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
Have any of you tried calling the dealership service ahead of time and telling them that you have X, Y, and Z problems that are covered by TSBs before going in for routine maintenance? I have the taillight condensation and Chirps, and was thinking of just getting it all taken care of at my next oil change.

I figure if I tell them, they can get the parts ahead of time and avoid any more time of me in a rental than necessary. I have had decent dealings with this service department.
I did exactly that with my tail lamp condensation and they made me come in so they could see it in person before they ordered the parts. Somehow that took them about 45 minutes. It's condensation INSIDE the tail lamps. Doesn't get much simpler than that.
Evil Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil Jesus For This Useful Post:
HunterGreene (11-08-2013)

Tags
chirping, high pressure fuel pump