follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #15
billyk

Drives: 2014 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knshro13 View Post
if you have an OEM Audio 400+ system , the tC setting is the best.
Definitely subjective. If you found a setting that works for you, that's great.

BTW: I have a 2014 base FRS with the stock head unit. We may have different hardware.
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I'm so glad my dealer didn't put a dealer sticker on my car.
That would've really bugged me.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #17
Knshro13

Drives: 10 series FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
ah yes, understood. it is very subjective. But from my opinion, the tC setting enhanced bass and overall sound quality with the 400+ system. I am using 2013 factory touchscreen pioneer head unit.
Knshro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
billyk

After driving with the soundtube plugged yesterday, I unplugged it today for an hour long drive through the Northern MD rural twisties. Funny, but I actually prefer it to be unplugged. I like the feedback from the engine.

Plugging the soundtube definitely makes the ride quieter, if that's what you want.
Initially, I thought I did.
I am going to keep it unplugged for a while.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #19
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyk View Post
After driving with the soundtube plugged yesterday, I unplugged it today for an hour long drive through the Northern MD rural twisties. Funny, but I actually prefer it to be unplugged. I like the feedback from the engine.

Plugging the soundtube definitely makes the ride quieter, if that's what you want.
Initially, I thought I did.
I am going to keep it unplugged for a while.

I actually played around with this prior to upgrading my stock intake. It's actually nice to have a plug for the sound tube. That way on days you want the noise you have the option. Whereas if you want a quieter ride all you have to do is plug it right back up!
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #20
艾洛

Drives: Raven
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyk View Post
- Remove the dealer sticker: I've never done this and I am a bit unsure about it. It's the vinyl type and I always have had the dealer remove it before delivery. I was far too head-over-heels after my FRS test drive to notice - so it's my job now. I plan to use the hair-dryer method. It's cold here in MD, so I don't know how that will affect the removal. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll report back.
Really simple, LOW setting and don't let the hair dryer sit. It's pretty hard to damage the paint removing the dealer stickers since they come off pretty easy in small bits and pieces but these cars have thin paint. Letting the hair dryer sit will improve the chances but as long as you're in no rush you are golden. Since it's cold out you may have to move the hair dryer slower.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #21
FSpeed

Drives: 14' WhiteOut FR-S
Is this a troll thread LOL? These aren't really mods in the traditional sense except the sound tube plug I guess.

I dont understand why you would make such a thread haha, but hey good for you. I did the sound tube "mod" but undid it afterwards.

Last edited by FSpeed; 12-08-2014 at 05:00 PM.
FSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #22
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSpeed View Post
Is this a troll thread LOL? These aren't really mods in the traditional sense except the sound tube plug I guess.

I dont understand why you would make such a thread haha, but hey good for you. I did the sound tube "mod" but undid it afterwords.
Hey, he said right up front that the thread was more in fun then anything else and he did ask for some advice.

Don't get why every time somebody makes a joke or isn't absolutely deathly serious they become a "troll"!
I guess many people just read the jokes and tack their own anger or angst on to them and totally misconstrue the intent of the comment. (not talking about you here Fspeed but some reactions are way stronger then yours)

The definition of an internet troll is:
"One who purposely and deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevance to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."

Pretty sure that OP's intent did not include starting arguments but was more geared to entertainment and an answer to his very simple question.
Braces (12-08-2014), dentalprodigy (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #23
FSpeed

Drives: 14' WhiteOut FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey, he said right up front that the thread was more in fun then anything else and he did ask for some advice.

Don't get why every time somebody makes a joke or isn't absolutely deathly serious they become a "troll"!
I guess many people just read the jokes and tack their own anger or angst on to them and totally misconstrue the intent of the comment. (not talking about you here Fspeed but some reactions are way stronger then yours)

The definition of an internet troll is:
"One who purposely and deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevance to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."

Pretty sure that OP's intent did not include starting arguments but was more geared to entertainment and an answer to his very simple question.
Thanks for the definition TCoat you troll! Haha jk, first time I've read that definition. I'm sure it'll help many understand the true meaning of troll besides just me.
FSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FSpeed For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #24
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the definition TCoat you troll! Haha jk, first time I've read that definition. I'm sure it'll help many understand the true meaning of troll besides just me.
Oh, I can troll with the best of them when somebody pisses me off but mostly it's just jokes.

Just had to speak up, as that was about the 4th time today I saw somebody throwing around the word troll and it put my OCD over the top.

The really fun part is, that very often the person (again not you) wrongfully calling somebody a troll becomes the actual troll in the act of the accusation. (how's that for a twist)
Koa (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #25
RobertPaulson
Hisnamewasrobertpaulson

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
did the OP not make changes to his car or if i might be so bold to say he modified the cars appearance and sound.

sounds to me like he modded it.

Good job OP, first mod i did on my car was debadge the subaru and brz letters from the back. IMO it should be the first mod done to this car everytime.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #26
billyk

Quote:

I dont understand why you would make such a thread haha, but hey good for you. I did the sound tube "mod" but undid it afterwards.
No trolling - just a noob exploring a few simple things. :-)
Old 12-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #27
billyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Bingo Tcoat.
Thanks for "getting it".

Not sure if I'll ever hang with the modders here - you guys are serious!
Me?
I am just a piker, as I said.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #28
billyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
did the OP not make changes to his car or if i might be so bold to say he modified the cars appearance and sound.

sounds to me like he modded it.

Good job OP, first mod i did on my car was debadge the subaru and brz letters from the back. IMO it should be the first mod done to this car everytime.
The lack of that freakin' dealership license plate frame along with the decal is the first thing I notice now as I walk up to my FRS. It just looks clean.