follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #4173
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by codec View Post
It is necessary to replace the fuel pump and the injectors?
no, unless you are planning to make more power (350whp+) people do it during install for peace of mind and in when they get the boost bug, they will want more power. Even though you don't need to, I would do it anyways so when you want more power, you already have the supporting mods installed.
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:43 PM   #4174
beemer

Drives: '13 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Does anyone within 50ish miles of chehalis to Seattle area have a spare 20mm (original pulley size) belt to sell?

TP12008MGT20 gates belt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #4175
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to pop in and let all of you know that Phase 10 RaceROM is finally here for all model years and all regions of the world (Not just the initial 2013-2014 and 2017-2018 release), from 2013-2018 models on USDM, European, Asian, JDM (Yes it's different), and Gulf spec ECU's. Our entire tune library has been updated to accommodate the new software, and we are now rolling out these tunes to new and existing customers. A lot of our customers running Kraftwerks kits have been asking about this update, so I wanted you all to be among the first to know that our Delicious tunes are all built up and vetted out for the new software.

The latest version is denoted as V25.00. Though RaceROM 10 is really a complete and utter overhaul of the way we do tuning on these cars, some of the more important changes are as follows:

- Improved tip in throttle response throughout entire rev range
- Completely overhauled closed loop correction outside of factory closed loop scenarios
- Completely overhauled Flex Fuel implementation. Ethanol content, ethanol ignition advance, and more are now all dedicated parameters in EcuTek. The way Flex Fuel is programmed is also far superior in RaceROM 10, and allows much tighter integration into the tune. What this means for the end user is a smoother transition between fuel types, and a smoother ramp in power delivery as ethanol content increases or decreases.
- Dedicated custom map to warn you when your AVCS system has failed to activate in a timely manner, letting you know before you push the car and risk potential damage.
- Vastly improved control over fueling in medium to full load areas.
- Improved transition from low load MAF calculation to high load VE calculation.
- Improved drivability.
- Addressed a particular bug where some vehicles would experience a hesitation in high gear, partial (20-40%) throttle pulls. This was typically experienced when trying to pass on the highway, for example.

If you have any questions about this update, feel free to contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.com. This update takes what is already a great supercharger kit, and improves it more than we previously thought possible.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Apoc (07-05-2018), DocRecon (04-04-2021)
Old 07-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #4176
EchoHotel

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava
- Kraftwerks C30-94 High boost 30mm
- E85 1000cc injectors 340lph pump
- 18-20 PSI
- Fastech built motor 10:1
- Delicious Tuning

Run video
Attached Images

EchoHotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:08 AM   #4177
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Hi guys I have a question, do any of you used a oil cooler with this kit? which one fits with intercooler?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #4178
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
The main issue people have with this kit is you need a tall oil cooler adapter to clear the supercharger pulley system. The kraftwerks oil cooler kit will fit behind the intercooler and clear the supercharger however my experience is that the orings and lines they use are the cheapest crap and leak. I replaced all hoses with better quality braided lines and orings with viton ones once they failed and sprayed oil all over my engine bay. If you can get the oil cooler adapter by itself from Kraftwerks then make your own kit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apoc For This Useful Post:
kombatlion (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #4179
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtfluffy16 View Post
anyone ever have to replace the rubber gasket on the dipstick for the oil reservoir? Mine is deformed and slowly seeping. I contact kraftwerks they only see the entire reservoir for the low cost of $110. I refuse to spend $110 on a rubber gasket. I even said i would buy a replacement dipstick. I have had the kit on the car for 2 years so its out of warranty.

Can any of you lead me to where to get a rubber gasket for the dipstick?
I would just go to your local industrial supply and ask them to find a matching oring. You may have some luck at a hardware store also. google where to buy o rings near me. Also that cap is supposed to leak to bleed off excess oil if it was overfilled.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #4180
Apoc

Quote:
Its not an o ring. O rings are fairly simple to match up. Look at the gasket on the bottom of the cap, it's very very specific. I highly doubt I can find anything local that looks like it
Ok I never pulled mine out and looked at it so I shouldn't assume it was a o-ring, but unless the "gasket" is made of some secret material, engineering one shouldn't be hard. I'm not convinced you have a leak though and it is normal operation. The reservoir cap is designed to bleed off excess oil if it getting too full and it's a vented system. Here is the info directly from the Rotrex handbook

3. Check the supercharger oil level after initial start up. Always follow the correct procedure for oil level
check: Rev the engine to 2-3000 rpm, then check the oil level at idling. Overfilling will cause
the breather cap to leak. The correct oil level is between the min and max marking of the
dipstick measured with the thread of the cap fully engaged. Check the oil level regularly.

Last edited by Apoc; 08-16-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #4181
Helios

Drives: 2014 Red Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Its not an o ring. O rings are fairly simple to match up. Look at the gasket on the bottom of the cap, it's very very specific. I highly doubt I can find anything local that looks like it
Just use gasket maker in a tube.

https://www.permatex.com/products/ga...asket-maker-4/
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #4182
Freeze2196

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Again, I know this. But the supercharger kit has been on for over 2 years. Just within the last 2 to 3 months I'm seeing the seepage

Are you 100% sure it is the dipstick?

I thought I had the same issue but mine was coming out of the oil line right next too it.

I installed a used kit way back then and reused the copper crush washers, dont be like me and make the same mistake.

Also if you overfill the oil it will find its way out of the reservoir!

"Rev the engine to 2 - 3000 rpm and check the oil level while the
engine is running.
The correct oil level is between the min and max marking of the
dipstick measured with the thread of the cap fully engaged."

Old 08-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #4183
Olson1288

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Turbo
I'm in the market for a supercharger and Kraftwerks seems like a decent option for the price and the lack of fabrication for installation, but it seems like there have been some reliability issues in the past.. I know they have made some changes such as upgraded pulleys etc, has anyone that has recently bought one of these kits had any issues, or regret buying it? Just don't want to take the plunge and end up spending 5k for nothing lol.

Also, I noticed they sell kits with included ECUtek dongles for tuning, however I am still in possession of my OpenFlash tablet. I know I can do a custom e-tune through OpenFlash although I'm not too familiar with the process. Would the car even be drive-able without some sort of baseline tune after the supercharger install while waiting on the custom tune to come through? I live in the middle of nowhere basically so going to a tuner near me isn't really an option.
Olson1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #4184
Freeze2196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson1288 View Post
I'm in the market for a supercharger and Kraftwerks seems like a decent option for the price and the lack of fabrication for installation, but it seems like there have been some reliability issues in the past.. I know they have made some changes such as upgraded pulleys etc, has anyone that has recently bought one of these kits had any issues, or regret buying it? Just don't want to take the plunge and end up spending 5k for nothing lol.

Also, I noticed they sell kits with included ECUtek dongles for tuning, however I am still in possession of my OpenFlash tablet. I know I can do a custom e-tune through OpenFlash although I'm not too familiar with the process. Would the car even be drive-able without some sort of baseline tune after the supercharger install while waiting on the custom tune to come through? I live in the middle of nowhere basically so going to a tuner near me isn't really an option.

All the reliability issues were related to the 20mm belt it comes with. Upgrading to the 30mm belt and pulleys solves that issue.

Not sure if the new kits ship with 20mm or 30mm.

As for the tune you cant drive the car with out flashing a new tune. The stock tune will not run.

I highly recommend go with Delicious tuning, They send you a file customized to your car after you fill out the online form. After that using the ecutek cable and dongle you flash the tune with a laptop. Tune is probably 98% perfect right out of the box. If you have any issues with the tune you can data log using the ecutek cable and send the logs to the tuners who can customize the tune and send it back. No need for Dyno street driving is fine.

https://www.delicioustuning.com/flash_and_go

-Capewn
Old 08-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #4185
Olson1288

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze2196 View Post
All the reliability issues were related to the 20mm belt it comes with. Upgrading to the 30mm belt and pulleys solves that issue.

Not sure if the new kits ship with 20mm or 30mm.

As for the tune you cant drive the car with out flashing a new tune. The stock tune will not run.

I highly recommend go with Delicious tuning, They send you a file customized to your car after you fill out the online form. After that using the ecutek cable and dongle you flash the tune with a laptop. Tune is probably 98% perfect right out of the box. If you have any issues with the tune you can data log using the ecutek cable and send the logs to the tuners who can customize the tune and send it back. No need for Dyno street driving is fine.

https://www.delicioustuning.com/flash_and_go

-Capewn

Thanks for the reply man. It seems that the new kits do indeed come with 30mm pulleys so hopefully there will be no issues there. The C38 blower is definitely tempting but I'm leaning towards the C30 as I feel it would be a better fit for my application as a DD car.

Was curious about the tune situation because I guess my OpenFlash tablet will be rendered useless

Going to go with ECUtek/Delicious Tuning. Will be ordering/installing soon!

Only other thing I was curious about is the CARB version vs "normal" version. My state does not have any sort of emissions or vehicle inspection so I'd be best to go with the "CARB Exempt" kit I'm assuming?
Olson1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #4186
Freeze2196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson1288 View Post
Thanks for the reply man. It seems that the new kits do indeed come with 30mm pulleys so hopefully there will be no issues there. The C38 blower is definitely tempting but I'm leaning towards the C30 as I feel it would be a better fit for my application as a DD car.

Was curious about the tune situation because I guess my OpenFlash tablet will be rendered useless

Going to go with ECUtek/Delicious Tuning. Will be ordering/installing soon!

Only other thing I was curious about is the CARB version vs "normal" version. My state does not have any sort of emissions or vehicle inspection so I'd be best to go with the "CARB Exempt" kit I'm assuming?

Looks like your in Alabama so you do not need be carb legal!

-Capetwn