follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Geard

Drives: 1988 MK3 Toyota Supra 1jzgte
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fr-s Price 27-28K

Hey everyone,

I have been in contact with a few dealers in the lower mainland area, they all seem to be singing the tune of 27-28k for the vehicle upon release. Any one else hear anything else?

side note: lets get some more activity going on in this B*tch!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Syrianto

Drives: Hondas
That price doesn't seem too bad for Canadian pricing =D Could definitely have been worse

There's been plenty of activity lately too! So much has been released in these past few days
Syrianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Eureka

Drives: None... yet!
Went to the dealer today and had them call their Scion head office. The sales person said a projected price of 30k (including freight etc.) plus tax. Mrsp at around 28k. This is in GTA area btw.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
yea I have a friend that works for scion and when I went in to visit I had a nice little chat with the sales guy

not surprisingly they knew very little about the car compared to myself but one guy did mention that there was talks that 27k~ would be the cost for the car well speced but then again the same guy also said that 200hp was the minimum goal and that more hp is likely

I'm not sure if I should put down a deposit I'm hoping I can use my friend to get me a test drive without one.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Geard

Yea I guess but it definitely destroys Scions affordability aspect clean out the water!
Yea and were so damn close to seeing the official release as well! So pumped!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Eureka

This is Scion tho.. keep that in mind. The model that starts at 27-28k will probably be somewhat loaded already since they usually only have 1 trim.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Mr.Jay

I cant see a 7k mark up compared to the tc however unless there are lots of options

I really hope base is around 22-24 and if it is I'll buy one within the 1st year for sure but otherwise I'll wait until the 1st gen kinks are all sorted out and get the mid cycle refresh
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
Geard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
yea I have a friend that works for scion and when I went in to visit I had a nice little chat with the sales guy

not surprisingly they knew very little about the car compared to myself but one guy did mention that there was talks that 27k~ would be the cost for the car well speced but then again the same guy also said that 200hp was the minimum goal and that more hp is likely

I'm not sure if I should put down a deposit I'm hoping I can use my friend to get me a test drive without one.
Yea I have been harassing them for a few months now! Generally my knowledge of the vehicle is so much greater then the dealers haha.

I have found though that the Richmond Openroad Toyota dealer is much more diligent and serious about the vehicle one of the sales guys has taken a personal interest in the vehicle! If you need a decent sales guy thats down to earth hit him up! His names Ahmed

I am personally dying to test drive mine! ( have had a deposit on one for the last 5 months!)
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Geard

Quote:
I cant see a 7k mark up compared to the tc however unless there are lots of options

I really hope base is around 22-24 and if it is I'll buy one within the 1st year for sure but otherwise I'll wait until the 1st gen kinks are all sorted out and get the mid cycle refresh
Yea my only concern is price 27k is pretty steep and i want to add some trd Bling haha
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
Eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geard View Post
Yea I have been harassing them for a few months now! Generally my knowledge of the vehicle is so much greater then the dealers haha.

I have found though that the Richmond Openroad Toyota dealer is much more diligent and serious about the vehicle one of the sales guys has taken a personal interest in the vehicle! If you need a decent sales guy thats down to earth hit him up! His names Ahmed

I am personally dying to test drive mine! ( have had a deposit on one for the last 5 months!)
Oh really? I went into the dealer today LETTING them take my money for a deposit. However they said since it's still far too early, they'll contact me when they receive the ordering info and have me order one myself
Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Mr.Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geard View Post

LOL That's the dealership I was refering too and thats the sales guy that knew the most lol I got his card and he promised me a test drive when he gets a car in

hey if we get enough people buying the car in the same area we should demand a groupbuy price what dealersip would say no when there are a group of people throwing money at them
Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
Geard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Oh really? I went into the dealer today LETTING them take my money for a deposit. However they said since it's still far too early, they'll contact me when they receive the ordering info and have me order one myself
Yea, fully refundable deposit and a grantee of ownership so why not?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
Geard

Quote:
LOL That's the dealership I was refering too and thats the sales guy that knew the most lol I got his card and he promised me a test drive when he gets a car in

hey if we get enough people buying the car in the same area we should demand a groupbuy price what dealersip would say no when there are a group of people throwing money at them

haha thats awesome! he said he wanted to get one to demo for people, damn thats actualy a really good idea! we could save some decent cash by doing that.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:40 AM   #14
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Went to the dealer today and had them call their Scion head office. The sales person said a projected price of 30k (including freight etc.) plus tax. Mrsp at around 28k. This is in GTA area btw.
Kind of dissapointing, but kind of makes sense to avoid canabilising tC sales. I hope that this is for High Spec with all options with a 22k-24k Low Spec.

Was this Don Valley Toyota?
quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote