follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #29
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Drives: #0239 FRS 10 series silver ignition
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 View Post
Welcome to the community!

I just picked up my Ultramarine 2013 FRS about two weekends ago from the dealership with about 38k Miles, nothing feels better than waking up and seeing that beauty sitting there.

Welcome again bud, there's an awesome community here that I've come to find and I'm sure that if you need anything people will come to aid.

Also, I didn't read much of the replies but just in case nobody else gave you the answer to the torque dip, You'll need a new exhaust system / header i believe, not something I've looked into a ton myself yet
best feeling there is at the moment! until I get some new headers and a tune then ill be even happier! lol congrats on your purchase, I know you love it, because I love mine!
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #30
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC View Post
The tune on stock header does help, not only with the torque dip, but the overall low end torque of the engine. No it won't make the dip disappear completely but it definitely feels more lively in the low end and midrange RPM.

The quickest solution for now is just to pick up some octane booster. Since you're in California you're probably stuck on 91 octane. You really want 93 octane to get the car the rev more smoothly in warm weather.
anyone have an OFT they want to let me use??
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
Old 02-22-2017, 10:49 AM   #31
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo View Post
anyone have an OFT they want to let me use??
I hope you are joking but just in case...
You can not borrow an OFT. The license is married to one car and can not be used on several.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #32
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I (still) have an NB and the FRS is a completely different ballgame hahaha much more power. that boxer engine really pulls. my girlfriend has an NB as well (but hers actually runs) so I'm gonna get her out on the street and take her in a straight away and see how we hold up hahaha that weight difference though! a few hundred pounds makes a difference haha yea I try to stay above it for the most part hahaha
Well, if your GF has a Mazdaspeed NB, she should give you a run for your money on the straights. On the curves, I reckon it would depend upon how her suspension is set up and who is the better driver ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #33
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I hope you are joking but just in case...
You can not borrow an OFT. The license is married to one car and can not be used on several.
I was semi joking... hahaha I didnt know they were married to an ecu. I guess I'm getting my own
10 series #0239
Old 02-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #34
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, if your GF has a Mazdaspeed NB, she should give you a run for your money on the straights. On the curves, I reckon it would depend upon how her suspension is set up and who is the better driver ......

humfrz
Not a mazdaspeed (she wishes, shiiiiiit I wish too ) just a 1.8. stock suspension. I tried giving her my teins and she turned them down
10 series #0239
Old 02-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #35
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Not a mazdaspeed (she wishes, shiiiiiit I wish too ) just a 1.8. stock suspension. I tried giving her my teins and she turned them down
Well now, you may be first to the top of the mountain but she (being in a roadster) might have had more of a fun experience getting there ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #36
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well now, you may be first to the top of the mountain but she (being in a roadster) might have had more of a fun experience getting there ......

humfrz
touche hahaha one of the reasons I miss my miata but my FRS is a DEFINITE upgrade haha just needs some coils and I'm set: party0030:
10 series #0239
Old 02-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #37
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
I think he gets the award for best member name @LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
stevesnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #38
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
I think he gets the award for best member name @LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
10 series #0239

Tags
10 series, new owner, torque solution