follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #43
JGalp

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra View Post
@Moto-P Thank you!

I've had these on the car for about 6 months now and still think they're great. They work very well with the other modifications I did to the car and I still feel that the ride and handling are perfect for my tastes. Haven't even bothered to fiddle with the ride height bcause the 'Moto-P' height seems to be perfect for real world use (zero clearance issues).

No desire to 'upgrade' whatsoever. No issues at all either.

The only thing I've changed from the original build is the brake pads. I didn't like the Hawk HP+ pads at all (too noisy and too rough on the pads plus less than ideal brake feel) so I switched to Ferodo DS2500s, which are excellent. Highly tecommend them.
Those are good for DD? was thinking of going with the RSR sports over the tein street flex as well. and was also looking into brakes for DD and was looking at the winmax and have heard of these.
JGalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #44
CSG David

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalp View Post
Those are good for DD? was thinking of going with the RSR sports over the tein street flex as well. and was also looking into brakes for DD and was looking at the winmax and have heard of these.
The RS*R Sport-i now is, what was, the Moto-spec.
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #45
JGalp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
The RS*R Sport-i now is, what was, the Moto-spec.
Hey david!

i was referring to the brakes, Ferodo ds2500! heard of those before. def got a bunch of info from you for the suspension already and I think I've made up my mind on the RSR. now I'm just looking into how to improve my brakes once its time to swap out my stock pads etc..
Old 02-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #46
CSG David

Quote:
Hey david!

i was referring to the brakes, Ferodo ds2500! heard of those before. def got a bunch of info from you for the suspension already and I think I've made up my mind on the RSR. now I'm just looking into how to improve my brakes once its time to swap out my stock pads etc..
Depends on what you want to do.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:41 PM   #47
JGalp

Quote:
Depends on what you want to do.

just daily driving and occasionally canyon runs! However the more i start looking into auto cross the more i want to do it..maybe down the line..THAT REASON is whats making me consider the KW v3..dont want to get the RSR only to later want to start auto crossing and realizing i should've gone with the KW to begin with. unless the RSR can handle auto cross just fine
Old 02-13-2015, 01:18 AM   #48
CSG David

Quote:
just daily driving and occasionally canyon runs! However the more i start looking into auto cross the more i want to do it..maybe down the line..THAT REASON is whats making me consider the KW v3..dont want to get the RSR only to later want to start auto crossing and realizing i should've gone with the KW to begin with. unless the RSR can handle auto cross just fine
I have more stories on that. RS*R will suit you well. Winmax W2 will actually be a very solid pad to work with for autocross, canyon, and daily driving.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:23 AM   #49
JGalp

Quote:
I have more stories on that. RS*R will suit you well. Winmax W2 will actually be a very solid pad to work with for autocross, canyon, and daily driving.

Great thanks david.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #50
ultra
Curious cat.

Drives: 86 GT base M/T - Red
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
RS*Rs are more than up to autocrossing and semi regular track work.

If you're at a level where you're regionally or nationally competitive, running sticky rubber and/or can tell the difference between a few clicks either way in terms of compression or rebound settings then you might want something more adjustable.
2007 Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS (sold)
2006 VW Golf R32 (sold)
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ultra For This Useful Post:
CSG David (02-17-2015)
Old 07-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #51
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Any thought on RSR vs RCE SS1? Want to start experimenting with adjusting a bit, car will be 100% street driven. Want something back and joint friendly and I've narrowed it down to these two. Most of the content on this forum for the Sport Is was before the SS1s were offered so I'm curious as they have similar spring rates and are in the same price point....quite frankly I'm surprised to not see more discussion of them being cross shopped.
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote