follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #1247
ayuk

Drives: none planning to buy
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoeze View Post
Now confused sir. hehehe... for the rear.. i've seen offset 38.. and the above suggestion is an offset of 44.... what would look better... hehehhee
na try nyo na sir magsakay ng seating capacity/ meaning two passenger at the back? wala po bang sayad o anoaman? ( at the 86 with RKR wheels). ty
ayuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #1248
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
With the announcement of the BRZ STI and a spruced up 2014 model by October are you guys regretting your purchase?

I honestly would regret the purchase if and only if the STI had performance upgrades beyond 230bhp. The current Forester XT uses the same engine as the BRZ but with a turbo fitted beneath the block and performs very very well with little turbo lag. I wouldn't regret it if it exceeded the BIR's ruling on expensable vehicles.
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #1249
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuk View Post
na try nyo na sir magsakay ng seating capacity/ meaning two passenger at the back? wala po bang sayad o anoaman? ( at the 86 with RKR wheels). ty
@ayuk,

The Rota RKR 18X8.5 F and 18x9.5 R offset 44 with 235/40 tires will not rub at all even with four adults in the car at stock height and even when lowered up to 1.25 inches.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #1250
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post
With the announcement of the BRZ STI and a spruced up 2014 model by October are you guys regretting your purchase?

I honestly would regret the purchase if and only if the STI had performance upgrades beyond 230bhp. The current Forester XT uses the same engine as the BRZ but with a turbo fitted beneath the block and performs very very well with little turbo lag. I wouldn't regret it if it exceeded the BIR's ruling on expensable vehicles.
No, I won't regret it at all because:

1. It's not a BRZ STi but a BRZ tS which they announced. tS <> STi.
2. There is no turbo charger. The BRZ tS will sport the same 200hp flat four boxer from the standard edition.
3. Interior changes such as Recaro front seats, STi shift knob, STi steering wheel button, STi push start button and exterior changes like Impreza wings, STi wheels, STi front spoiler, side skirts and rear spats, fender chrome inserts are already available and can be retrofitted to the current BRZ.
4. Mechanical upgrades such as strengthened driveshaft, Bilstein suspension upgrade, STi exhaust and 6 pot Brembo brakes are also easily available and can be retrofitted to the current BRZ.
5. If you really want more power from these cars, there are already so many forced induction solutions available which will easily let you reach 300 whp without having to wait for an official STi turbo version.
The Following User Says Thank You to NIKDENG For This Useful Post:
jdmasfcuk (08-06-2013)
Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #1251
ayuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@ayuk,

The Rota RKR 18X8.5 F and 18x9.5 R offset 44 with 235/40 tires will not rub at all even with four adults in the car at stock height and even when lowered up to 1.25 inches.
thank you sir NIKDENG, that is very
The Following User Says Thank You to ayuk For This Useful Post:
melon (08-06-2013)
Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #1252
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post

not at all, if i wanted more power in the first place i would've gotten the WRX STi. i seriously don't get why people buy brz/86 then put turbo/supercharger on it, this car wasn't made for that if you want power there are other choices and the brz/86 shouldn't be one of them. you'll just ruin a perfectly good car by putting turbo/supercharger on it and you'll also waste money since you'll be spending so much to gain so little and still not go anywhere near the power of the WRX STi.

i came from a family that owns fast cars, i used to have a 99 impreza gc swapped with an 03 wrx engine then upgraded to an 05 STi when it came out in the market. heck those cars was considered slow by my family considering my brother drives a c63 and an r8 and my dad an x5m and s550. i got the brz because it was just such a fun little car, it was well balanced and very light. it's hard to find a car like the brz/86 that shows people that you can still have fun in a car without having xxx amount of hp. nowadays kasi everyone is so concerned about hp and 1/4 mile times, they forgot about the fun of driving and driving a car that is very driver oriented.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grannyshifter25 For This Useful Post:
jdmasfcuk (08-06-2013)
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #1253
ayuk

sir NIKDENG;
What type of lowering spring kinabit nyo? ilang inch ang binaba? ty
Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #1254
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuk View Post
sir NIKDENG;
What type of lowering spring kinabit nyo? ilang inch ang binaba? ty
@ayuk,

For the street, I use STi pink performance springs which lowers the car a conservative 15mm or .6 of an inch but gives the car much better handling than the stock springs without sacrificing comfort. For track I use race proven Dynamics Performance Engineering coil-overs which I lower 1 inch. Rides a little harsh for use on the streets but sticks to the corners like glue with very little body roll on the track.

@ayuk, since you are from Pasig, if you have your car, you can drop by Autokozmetix and you can test fit my set of RKRs with Michelins 235/40 tires which I temporarily left there so you can see how it would look on your car set-up. @dhoeze you can also try it out if ever you are near the Pasig area. Mine is the one with the red lip pinstripe as shown in the picture below when it was installed in my car:

Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #1255
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@NIKDENG, care to share how much the Dynamics coilovers go for? im already looking around for parts.. coilovers and rims/tires are my priorities for now

for those who changed rims and lowered the car up to 1-finger gap, do you still rub? what are your rim and tire specs? im tired of rubbing, had that problem with my Jazz even with 4 different sets i installed
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #1256
dagame

Drives: Subaru BRZ ZC6 Lightning Red
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@NIKDENG, care to share how much the Dynamics coilovers go for? im already looking around for parts.. coilovers and rims/tires are my priorities for now

for those who changed rims and lowered the car up to 1-finger gap, do you still rub? what are your rim and tire specs? im tired of rubbing, had that problem with my Jazz even with 4 different sets i installed
with me there's no issue of rubbing. my wheels are 225x40x18 and i lowered it by 1.5" with 1.25 finger gap
jdmasfcuk (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #1257
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
appreciate the reply @dagame! what about for the others? one more thing, does the 86/BRZ have a good ground clearance? thats one thing that sucks about the Jazz, its hard to lower them so much since you get to scrape so much already

and what are the benefits of going staggered tire setup? i was looking into doing that but i might go squared if there's really no benefit

IG: @pcuerpo.images
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #1258
dagame

Drives: Subaru BRZ ZC6 Lightning Red
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
appreciate the reply @dagame! what about for the others? one more thing, does the 86/BRZ have a good ground clearance? thats one thing that sucks about the Jazz, its hard to lower them so much since you get to scrape so much already

and what are the benefits of going staggered tire setup? i was looking into doing that but i might go squared if there's really no benefit
with mine already lowered 1.5", currently there's about 3-4" clearance off the ground. with the stock rims and springs, its prolly about 6" off the ground? (not really sure with the last one though)

its better if you go the staggered route, since it would look better. prolly put 18x9-9.5's at the back, and 18x8.5 in the front. if your wheels in the front are too wide, it would most likely rub if you lower it by 1.5"
Old 08-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #1259
NIKDENG

Quote:

@pcuerpo,

Sent you a PM regarding the price of the coil-overs. The 86/brz will not rub in terms of the rims and tires to any part of the body/suspension even when lowered up to 2 inches as long as you get the correct tire and rim combo. The key is the offset and width of the mags and the tire width. If your offset is aggressive (+38 and less) then you will encounter fender and suspension rubbing issues when you go with wide tires (245 and above) when you lower the car.

If you are lowering your car more than 1.5 inches then these are the safe values:

For the front:

Rim width: 7 to 9.0 inches
Rim diameter: 17 - 19 inches
Offset: +44 to +40
Tires: 215 - 235

For the rear:

Rim width: 7 to 9.5 inches
Rim diameter: 17 - 19 inches
Offset: +44 to +38
Tires: 215 - 255

Note however that rubbing (wheel hitting any part of the body or suspension) is not the same as scraping (any part of the car's body hitting the road). The set-ups mentioned will not rub but if you lower your car more than 1.5 inches, you will definitely scape your front-end on steep driveways, ramps and high humps.

Quote:

Advantages:

1. Staggered wheels will basically give you more grip in the back and less drag in the front where its not needed.
2. Gives you rear grip without making the steering feel heavier because the front wheels have less width.
3. Wider rear wheels will help decrease wheel spin on a launch or during power shifting.
4. If you like driving with understeer this is the set-up for you. This helps prevent loosing the rear end for those who have a heavy foot during fast turns.
5. Looks good.

Disadvantages:

1. If you don't like driving with understeer and you like swinging the tail of the car out, this is not for you.
2. Can't rotate tires.
3. Usually staggered rims are more expensive.
4. If you destroy just one of the four wheels, you will have to buy a new set.

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited by NIKDENG; 08-07-2013 at 10:46 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NIKDENG For This Useful Post:
dagame (08-07-2013), jdmasfcuk (08-07-2013), melon (08-07-2013), pcuerpo (09-17-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #1260
pa3ck32

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I just got my BRZ today :-)

Guys, pasend naman ng invite sa FB group. Thanks!
pa3ck32 is offline   Reply With Quote