follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Sam Strano

Drives: 2013 FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
FWIW, inside video is not very helpful. Because the car has small windows most cameras will adjust to the darker inside and wash out the the stuff outside on any sort of bright day.

As for cameras on the roof or the nose. Useless for learning anything. I run the camera where I do for two reasons.

1. I can watch how the car responds to my inputs since I can see both myself and the front wheel in the shot.

2. I can make sure I'm not making stupid mistakes when driving.

Is it the most sexy video ever? Nope, and there are folks and shops that are a lot more "production savvy" than I am in that regard. This is just sort of me. Not real flashy, but it gets the job done without a lot of fluff.
Sam Strano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #16
rs999

Drives: VW MK6 GTI | 13 Mustang GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra View Post
In for more updates about suspension packages & observations.
It's in the video section under
Strano Performance Parts setup Subaru BRZ: SCCA RTR/CS class

Sam driving John Ryan's BRZ @ 4/13/13 Washington DC SCCA event.

Car is equipped with a Strano Performance Parts 22mm front swaybar, Koni shocks, and Dunlop StarSpec Z1 tires.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muzykY7DXIo"]WDCR_4-13-13_S_r1 - YouTube[/ame]
Hyper4mance2k (12-11-2014), ultra (10-10-2014)
Old 10-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #17
Sam Strano

Wow you drug this out from the past.

Not a lot to add. The C-street setup just works they way it's supposed to. Finished 2nd in RTR @ nationals in 2013. With the full move to C-Street this year twins weren't as high up in street overall but the fastest ones are on Koni's and a front bar.

STX on the other hand, that's the place for the twins. Andrew and Annie both won STX/STXL respectively in Annie's car which was based on mine and Andrew's cars from last year, and then improved upon with what I think is the best header (the HKS), more testing and tuning, tire testing, etc. But the baseline setup we started with is still there.

Sam
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Strano For This Useful Post:
rs999 (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #18
rs999

Drives: VW MK6 GTI | 13 Mustang GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
Wow you drug this out from the past.

Not a lot to add. The C-street setup just works they way it's supposed to. Finished 2nd in RTR @ nationals in 2013. With the full move to C-Street this year twins weren't as high up in street overall but the fastest ones are on Koni's and a front bar.

STX on the other hand, that's the place for the twins. Andrew and Annie both won STX/STXL respectively in Annie's car which was based on mine and Andrew's cars from last year, and then improved upon with what I think is the best header (the HKS), more testing and tuning, tire testing, etc. But the baseline setup we started with is still there.

Sam
Are the setup's pretty much the same?

Car is equipped with a Strano Performance Parts 22mm front swaybar, Koni shocks, and Dunlop StarSpec Z1 tires.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #19
Sam Strano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
Are the setup's pretty much the same?

Yep, except for the tires as Z1's are no more. Most CS guys were on Z2's, and I like them for this car in THAT class, but not so much in STX.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Strano For This Useful Post:
rs999 (10-03-2014)