follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #57
corry29

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is there a known problem of the Front Passenger's seat belt remind light always on when no one or nothing is on the seat? it keeps beeping!

I just got the car brand new today and I noticed the problem when I was driving it alone. Always had a passenger when I was driving around in the dealership and driving it home from the dealer.
corry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #58
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corry29 View Post
Is there a known problem of the Front Passenger's seat belt remind light always on when no one or nothing is on the seat? it keeps beeping!

I just got the car brand new today and I noticed the problem when I was driving it alone. Always had a passenger when I was driving around in the dealership and driving it home from the dealer.
There is a thread on this. Most likely you've got your cell phone or some other electronic in the seat that is charging. It's because the passenger sensor is electronic, not by weight.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #59
corry29

No, actually, nothing is charging at all! And nothing is on the seat either! The seat is empty! My phone is sitting on the phone slot under the console area. And the light is always on; Once I start driving it starts beeping, and I gotta put the seatbelt on for the passenger seat for no one and nothing that's on the seat.

But my phone is connected to the car through bluetooth wirelessly, is that the reason why?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corry29 View Post
No, actually, nothing is charging at all! And nothing is on the seat either! The seat is empty! My phone is sitting on the phone slot under the console area. And the light is always on; Once I start driving it starts beeping, and I gotta put the seatbelt on for the passenger seat for no one and nothing that's on the seat.

But my phone is connected to the car through bluetooth wirelessly, is that the reason why?
No that shouldn't do it. For example, my phone only causes it when it is charging and the USB port on the phone is on the seat. If I lean it on the seat bolster with the USB port away from the seat, it doesn't do it.

Sounds like you do have an issue.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #61
corry29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
No that shouldn't do it. For example, my phone only causes it when it is charging and the USB port on the phone is on the seat. If I lean it on the seat bolster with the USB port away from the seat, it doesn't do it.

Sounds like you do have an issue.
Crap! How unlucky of me. I hope I'm not the first to have this on this car! That really sucks, I just got the car on Sunday too

Thanks! I'll hit up the Toyota/Scion service
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #62
epsilonkore

Drives: FireStorm 6 Spd Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yep this one drives me nuts! I put my iPhone 5 in the seat and it sets off the safety belt warning! Doesnt matter if its charging, unplugged or completely powered down (just tested that due to this thread) Just a light smartphone! My wallet also sets it off... though its not because of excess cash :/ My leather jacket (which weights more than both) does not seem to trigger the sensor, so maybe it is something electronic causing it (I have an electronic gate pass in my wallet too hmmm)
epsilonkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #63
AzFranz
Az to Nm to Az

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Not sure if I am missing it, but how about the moisture in the rear tail lights? I drove my car off the lot 31 May and just hit 4865 miles. On Friday found my RL light condensating...today found both doing it. I live in Arizona and we just got hit with three straight days of rain and oddly humid weather, but in the summer we have our monsoon season so I was suspecting this issue to surface much earlier.

Has never happened when washing my car. I have never pressure washed or ran it through a car wash. Car gets faithfully washed, at least, once a week.
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
RedMuck

I also had those on both 1/4's. It was from the wrap-guard or protective film when shipped. They came off with my first waxing, the dealer waxed it at PDI but maybe not hard enough to get the lines off.
RedMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #65
BRZ283

Drives: 2013 subaru BRZ Limited
Problems with my BRZ

I've been having a few problems with my brz also...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2F3eb1yEc"]2013 Subaru BRZ Limited Problems HD - YouTube[/ame]

And a quick overview I have listed as well
BRZ283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #66
BRZ283

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFranz View Post
Not sure if I am missing it, but how about the moisture in the rear tail lights? I drove my car off the lot 31 May and just hit 4865 miles. On Friday found my RL light condensating...today found both doing it. I live in Arizona and we just got hit with three straight days of rain and oddly humid weather, but in the summer we have our monsoon season so I was suspecting this issue to surface much earlier.

Has never happened when washing my car. I have never pressure washed or ran it through a car wash. Car gets faithfully washed, at least, once a week.
I took my vehicle back to the dealership And they Replaced them no questions asked
Old 03-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #67
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ283 View Post
I've been having a few problems with my brz also...

And a quick overview I have listed as well

Leaky Tires: Could be an improperly mounted tire. Two leaky tires? That would have to be a really bad tire dealer who mounted them. Possible, though.

Car Pulling to the Right: This is more serious than tires. Sound of rocks coming from the rear? Assuming you don't have crap in the trunk, this is a problem. It could be anything, from the diff on out to the wheel bearings. Important problem here.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #68
BRZ283

Great lol... My dealer knows me by first name now. Hahaha still love the car... Yea pulls to right with acceleration and to the left when you let off the gas with deceleration
Old 05-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #69
slow ion

Drives: 05 ION Sedan, 06 600RR, 13 BRZ
so we picked up a brand new 13 brz. it had 8 miles when we bought it. having an issue with every time it rains we cat a cat under efficiency code (forget the number). its been in twice now and they saw nothing is wrong. but the code only comes on in the rain and goes off after it dries up a bit outside. any ideas? we have had the car for 2 months and it has almost 3k miles
slow ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #70
Charleswinky

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Grinding when turning from dead stop

Hello this my first post i own an frs automatic and when i come from a dead stop and turn, theres some grinding/vibration i feel from underneath the car. But when im running already it goes away. Any thoughts that could help me? Im pretty much worried. Im at 1,600 mls.
Charleswinky is offline   Reply With Quote