follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
majixmatrix
BRZ Wannabee

Drives: 2013 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heard a crunch in the rear

Put spacers on a few weeks ago to get rid of the awful stock "sunken in" appearance. Took a sharp turn at only 15 mph this morning on the way to work and heard a loud metal clunk in the rear over my loud music. Turned hard again to recreate it and heard it again. Got out to inspect and one of the rear wheels has the suspension sitting 1/2" lower than the other side. I'm hoping that I'm just parked on uneven pavement?

I was going to be doing my brakes tonight anyways at my buddy's house, so what should I be looking for? I'll check the torque of the spacer lugs, could this be making the noise? Are there any weak points of the rear suspension I should be aware of?

Thanks!
majixmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If one side is sitting lower, that sounds like a spring lost it's place on the perch. Very unlikely, but just verify it sits nicely on the perch. Other candidates may be binding swaybar bushings, a loose strut top hat (very unlikely as well).

I'd give the suspension some tugging all over and see that everything looks normal. Likely has nothing to do with your spacers unless they're coming loose, but you can check that they're snug easily enough. Let us know what you find!
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, clunk, spacers, suspension