follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
chenshuo

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clembo View Post
Been having my service done there for years with our Corollas and it's always been fine. And as a regular buyer and service customer for years they treat me like part of the family.
OF COURSE your Corolla has been fine. No one is going to joy ride a Corolla.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
shawnperolis

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S MT "Panda"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenshuo View Post
OF COURSE your Corolla has been fine. No one is going to joy ride a Corolla.
Well... It depends on the Corolla.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5XyHtI9Ew"]Bunta Fujiwara - The Drift King (Initial D) - YouTube[/ame]
shawnperolis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shawnperolis For This Useful Post:
KSC (03-16-2013), Retro86 (03-17-2013), Tvo (03-17-2013)
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsinpa View Post
I noticed the mileage once I got in the car after I already signed the paperwork, so I couldn't address it at the time.

However, I did call back and voiced my complaints to the service manager. He said that the car should not have been driven more than 1 mile and that he was unaware it was driven 14 miles.

Of course dealerships are always going to give you a bullshit answer for why it was joyridden. From the sales side to the service side, it seems like it's all one big racket.
it is! once money changes hands,you are basically on your own!
if it was me,i would "break their f**kin' backs.if they give me a ration of s**t,
i would get the regional rep' involved,no joy there?,get corporate involved!
this is just wrong! f**k 'em! go after 'em!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #18
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsinpa View Post
I noticed the mileage once I got in the car after I already signed the paperwork, so I couldn't address it at the time.

However, I did call back and voiced my complaints to the service manager. He said that the car should not have been driven more than 1 mile and that he was unaware it was driven 14 miles.

Of course dealerships are always going to give you a bullshit answer for why it was joyridden. From the sales side to the service side, it seems like it's all one big racket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
yup dont trust dealers...

i still have to get my alarm done/set up and re work my tint.. but the dealer at poway san diego are stupid... called to get my alarm to set it up they said just to come down no need appointment will have you in out quick.. when i got there they said i need a appointment was of time and gas.. my car chirps sometimes but eh i have my music on all the time..

im hesitating to go to the dealer and get my alarm/tint done by them they even offer me 5 free detail/rental car i said nope not touching my car...

my first oil change will be done by me.... i hate dealers.. to them a car is just another car to make money no customer satisfaction what so ever...

sucks you car has been joyriding..must of been a new kid that wanted to look cool in your car if i were you i would call customer relation..matbe not..i called that and i got the same BS excuse that all the workers at that dealer.. its like they all cover each other A$$ and team up
their a$$es all smell the same! "nasty!"
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnperolis View Post

I must say, that happens to be one of the best Initial D sequences IMHO. Always makes me laugh out loud. It shows the writers of the show know how to inject a bit of macho humour in the story.

Sure beats the Beyblade anime my son watches every single night on the iPad.

Bunta is like the John Wayne of the touge.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
They put 15 miles on my car swapping out the ECU... I could care less how they drove it, unless they stopped by a local track they didn't drive it no harder then I've drove it.. On one hand I think people need to do what they did back in the day.. Get to know their mechanic, then you know it's done right.. I always took better care of the customers that took the time out to get to know me, and I take the time out to stop by my dealership when I'm around the area.. At valley hi Toyota I know my dealership, I had the check engine light come on, I live in Vegas, I still called valley hi, 3 hours away to make a appointment.. In the end, one of the guys in the club works at the local dealership, so me and some club members went down and I started to get to know them..

On the other hand.. You should've seen me joy ride some of my customers cars.. I've tested out the top speed of a c6 vette, a M5, and saw how hard a S4 Audi would launch.. Ran the piss out of a fully built EVO 9 so.. Yeah, it doesn't always work.. But like I said, I don't really care how anyone else drives my car, they are not driving harder then me, and if they mess it up I know I'm getting a new one if its bad, or getting it fixed and compensated if its not bad..
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
FT-86-

Drives: Sexy Whiteout
I told the service adviser that I didn't want anybody driving the car out (not even 1 mile). He wrote it down and they only did oil change. Check your oil level before you leave though because sometimes they forget to actually put the oil in. lol
FT-86- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
shawnperolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I must say, that happens to be one of the best Initial D sequences IMHO. Always makes me laugh out loud. It shows the writers of the show know how to inject a bit of macho humour in the story.

Sure beats the Beyblade anime my son watches every single night on the iPad.

Bunta is like the John Wayne of the touge.
haha time to make your kid watch some Initial D! The Funimation translated one is on Netflix!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
haha time to make your kid watch some Initial D! The Funimation translated one is on Netflix!
I'm searching for it right now! Nothing under the anime category...and I have US Netflix.

Oh...found Initial D Special Edition feature film non animated! Probably a stinker but what the heck...
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
idreamofdrifting

Drives: YUZU FR-S RS 1.0 & AE86 Hatch
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

+1
"...the expression of the love in my eyes for my new RS 1.0 is the exact parallel opposite of bitterness, and hate of all the other FR-S owners that want one but won't admit that they do. " ~idreamofdrifting~
"...the main reason people swap (from Scion to Toyota badges) IMO, is because they're embarrassed at the Scion stigma they themselves are perpetuating..." ~Sho220~

idreamofdrifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
baldolera

Drives: None Yet
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm searching for it right now! Nothing under the anime category...and I have US Netflix.

Oh...found Initial D Special Edition feature film non animated! Probably a stinker but what the heck...
On youtube Funimation has a channel and they have all the episodes from Stages 1-4.
baldolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
shawnperolis

Quote:
Crap... Good thing I watched it all before. They must have gotten rid of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldolera View Post
On youtube Funimation has a channel and they have all the episodes from Stages 1-4.
And all is well in the universe!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #27
LeeMaster
Red wine

Drives: Subaru BRZ(R.I.P)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
not no more, they removed it after Stage 5 was released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
They put 15 miles on my car swapping out the ECU... I could care less how they drove it, unless they stopped by a local track they didn't drive it no harder then I've drove it..

On the other hand.. You should've seen me joy ride some of my customers cars.. I've tested out the top speed of a c6 vette, a M5, and saw how hard a S4 Audi would launch.. Ran the piss out of a fully built EVO 9 so.. Yeah, it doesn't always work.. But like I said, I don't really care how anyone else drives my car, they are not driving harder then me, and if they mess it up I know I'm getting a new one if its bad, or getting it fixed and compensated if its not bad..
sigh.... easy for you to say since you are a mechanic. Most of the guys in here like myself dont know how to work our ways inside an engine block/transmission/diff. So if said mechanic broke something and knows it, he will do whatever he can to mask it up. Amateur guys like myself wont know it until after we have driven for a couple days and by that time when we take our cars in for service the mechanic will blame it on us being negligent.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #28
KSC

Drives: Ion Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldolera View Post
Yup. And anyone looking to get into it, do yourself a favor and watch the SUBBED version.

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote