follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #71
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
The thing that concerns me with GT5 is how may people (and me when I get my PS3 on the 'net...) are going to spend like $300 on this game (not counting wheels) on all the DLC Premium Car packages that we know are going to be coming... (Supra package: $5.99 maybe as an example...)

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #72
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
The thing that concerns me with GT5 is how may people (and me when I get my PS3 on the 'net...) are going to spend like $300 on this game (not counting wheels) on all the DLC Premium Car packages that we know are going to be coming... (Supra package: $5.99 maybe as an example...)

DLC has been free. We have had 3 updates since the release of the game. If they were to decide to create price packages then I as a user would simply look at the list of cars included and decide before purchasing if I care about driving the Premium version of that car.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #73
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,049 Times in 8,324 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Premium MKIV Supra for $5.99 plus tax? No problem w me. In BlazBlue 2, I've spent $8 to download one chara. Was it worth it? Yup every bit of it. I'll buy and download cars that I want and I'm willing to spend my money one it. Is it stupid? Yup, 100% stupid IF we need to spend more to get premium cars.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #74
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
I was thinking that they would be packages, maybe a bunch of related manufacturers' cars say a 'Supra pack': 2000GT, Mk2 (1GGZE, 5MGE, 6MGE), Mk3 (1GGTE, 7MGTE, 1JZGTE), Mk4 (NA, TT, VVT-i TT), TRD3000GT, some race versions, like seeing those stupid costume packs for Little Big Planet.

Like I said, if they charge 6 bucks for a bunch of Premium Toyotas, and my PS3 in online, I'm out 6 bucks...

Because titanium.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #75
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I was thinking that they would be packages, maybe a bunch of related manufacturers' cars say a 'Supra pack': 2000GT, Mk2 (1GGZE, 5MGE, 6MGE), Mk3 (1GGTE, 7MGTE, 1JZGTE), Mk4 (NA, TT, VVT-i TT), TRD3000GT, some race versions, like seeing those stupid costume packs for Little Big Planet.

Like I said, if they charge 6 bucks for a bunch of Premium Toyotas, and my PS3 in online, I'm out 6 bucks...
I wish they would put it in the package is Racing Modification. iirc only 17 cars can do Racing Modifications.

Here are the cars
Acura NSX RM '91
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
Lexus IS F RM '07
Lotus Elise RM '96
Lotus Elise 111R RM '04
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05 <- turn into Rally style. Not track racing style.
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01
Old 12-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #76
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
lol they SHOULDNT charge for converting cars to premium.. they SHOULD charge when new concepts come out and you want to dw them.. that makes sense in my books..
and LOL for saying forza is better than GT5.. forza as a WHOLE is on a disc that is 9gb maximum (dual layer DVD) where as GT5 is on a 60gb disc (as in dual layer BD) and the install is 8gb alone..
where forza DOES win is the customisation options.. allways has and always will.. but for me, honestly, if i want to customise il play need for speed.. if i want to simulate i will play GT5.. if i want to drop a 13B in to a datty.. well the fuck il go and get forza lol
Old 12-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #77
BoostJunkie
RaggedEdge Autosports

Drives: 97 APU Supra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just love the fact that you can do almost any engine swap you want inside a brand, now if we could just do outta brand swaps

BoostJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #78
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Here's Dragon (purple FT86c) & me (black FT86c) drifting the Tsukuba

Old 12-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #79
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Nice.

Because titanium.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #80
Dragonitti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkie View Post
I just love the fact that you can do almost any engine swap you want inside a brand, now if we could just do outta brand swaps

That's what turns me off about the game and what makes it Arcade vs something like GT. How do they know what and how a car will act/drive with a different drivetrain and motor swapped into it? Turn10 doesn't go out and model cars by personally driving and testing them out, or actually go out and get on a race track and translate how a vehicle responds to track conditions. This is why GT is a simulator where Forza is not.

And if you can swap whatever motor inside the brand into any car, there is no way they know how a particular motor acts with that car cause they would have to find a real world version to test, which we know they didn't.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #81
Dragonitti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Here's Dragon (purple FT86c) & me (black FT86c) drifting the Tsukuba

AWESOME! Great snags from the vid. I was worried that you didn't grab the vid since I exited the room and closed it out. Your color scheme is sick bro...in case you missed it when I said that. Loving the black and whatever color name that is for the wheels. I need more paint options.

Presently I'm saving up for the Castrol Tom's Supra. 718 of the 900k cr needed thus far. And yea it was funny, I thought something was wrong when I only ran a 7:41 Nurburing time. Turned out I had it detuned to 312hp. Full power I'm around the 7:18 range.

I'm going to get some more pics from the vid and post them up of some different angles....that's sick!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #82
Dragonitti
Banned

Yo Ich we should do something like one of us go the opposite direction, and hit a corner drifting on the inside while the other drifts the out side and pass each other while drifting.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #83
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Nice.
Thanks, I wished I saved the first run, cuz second run, I did horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
AWESOME! Great snags from the vid. I was worried that you didn't grab the vid since I exited the room and closed it out. Your color scheme is sick bro...in case you missed it when I said that. Loving the black and whatever color name that is for the wheels. I need more paint options.

Presently I'm saving up for the Castrol Tom's Supra. 718 of the 900k cr needed thus far. And yea it was funny, I thought something was wrong when I only ran a 7:41 Nurburing time. Turned out I had it detuned to 312hp. Full power I'm around the 7:18 range.

I'm going to get some more pics from the vid and post them up of some different angles....that's sick!
Thanks, I got that paint design idea from you. You had white and green G's, so I went opposite of Black and my fav color Red. Wheel's red turn out Red/Orange-ish... but I like em

Castrol Tom's Supra? Which one? Cuz you'll win older ver in one of the races. Here's the site that kinda have all the prize car list
GT5 Prize Car List

Quote:
Yo Ich we should do something like one of us go the opposite direction, and hit a corner drifting on the inside while the other drifts the out side and pass each other while drifting.
That's fine. I went to go shopping for xmas... but all the places were busy, so I gave up and came back. lol I'll go shopping Monday or something.

Let me eat quickly and I'll be online, so give me bout 30mins
Old 12-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #84
Snaps
Supra Owner

Drives: 1995 Toyota Supra UK Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
and LOL for saying forza is better than GT5.. forza as a WHOLE is on a disc that is 9gb maximum (dual layer DVD) where as GT5 is on a 60gb disc (as in dual layer BD) and the install is 8gb alone..
where forza DOES win is the customisation options.. allways has and always will..
Forza is better than GT5..... Where GT5 lacks is that it's EXTREMELY inconsistant. Some parts of the game are VERY good (eg. premium cars, physics, etc.), while other are FAR below par for where they should be for a 'next-gen' game (eg. sounds, standard cars).

I can think of something to compare this to... Imagine a game of golf, Tiger Woods playing - imagine if he was to get 6 hole-in-ones over an 18 hole course. Good right? What if on each of the other 12 holes he was 3 shots over par? If that happened we never would have even known his name, and he for sure would not be called one of the best golfers in the world.

Quote:
That's what turns me off about the game and what makes it Arcade vs something like GT. How do they know what and how a car will act/drive with a different drivetrain and motor swapped into it? Turn10 doesn't go out and model cars by personally driving and testing them out, or actually go out and get on a race track and translate how a vehicle responds to track conditions. This is why GT is a simulator where Forza is not.
They don't, but they can make an educated guess using physics, Centre's of Gravity, Weight (and distribution), Torque and horsepower outputs of the swapped engine, etc. to get a pretty good idea of what a swapped car will handle like.

Did GT5 go out and test every car they have in game? Doubt it.
How do you know they didn't do the same thing with Forza?

Quote:
And if you can swap whatever motor inside the brand into any car, there is no way they know how a particular motor acts with that car cause they would have to find a real world version to test, which we know they didn't.
You can't swap any engine into any car.... they have only done common/realistic swaps. For example - one of the UZ series engines into the Supra.