follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2014, 02:03 AM   #1
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Question Borla vs Agency Power vs RevWorks UEL Header

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXPuw8DXe0"]Scion FRS with Borla UEL Header and Perrin Catback Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvgqeZOJcCc"]Agency Power Exhaust on FR-S (Drive By, Pictures, In Car, Cold Start) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP_EI68pSd0"]Perrin + revworks frs/brz rev up - YouTube[/ame]
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #2
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Avoid Agency Power at all costs. They were caught lying multiple times on this forum just to sell parts. Everyone wanted to see this car break the 200 whp barrier and they altered their dyno's just to increase sales. Their parts were dyno'd and they had very little increase in whp compared to what they claimed.

Their header for example showed no increase on whp and their exhaust got half of what they claimed in their BS RnD thread. 3 threads and they got called out multiple times for lying. And when they were caught lying the poster would suddenly disappear and be replaced with someone else for unknown reasons. They have their parts made in Taiwan, exposed on another major Subaru forum when someone who worked their posted pictures of shipping logs. Many owners of the exhausts have had fitment issues on this forum if you do a quick search. Like the tips sticking out unevenly or even the exhaust cracking. If you look at their design of their exhaust you will notice it looks very similar other exhausts from other companies who did R&D. And if I remember correctly their headers are an exact copy of a WRX header made by another company.

They also have horrible quality control. Theyve been exposed many times on other Subaru forums and also getting banned from those forums for lying and screwing people over many times. They steal their designs from other companies after they do RnD. For example once Nameless came out with a OP/DP combo they changed their design from a 2 piece to a a design that was similar to theirs that was one piece.@Nameless even called them out on it and brought up many things about their past. I wouldnt ever buy anything from Agency Power/Vivid. That company sells parts that should be priced similar to what Megan Racing offers. They are cheap imitations that cost VERY little to produce and sell the parts at a price what other companies that actually do RnD on the modifications they sell. They dont sell at what they sell for to cover any RnD costs because they dont do any RnD. They just copy designs. In the 90s the owner did fine with honda engines by copying designs but now that things have gotten more complicated that doesnt cut it anymore. They are extremely hated in the Subaru community.

@vividracing along with Agency Power, which are both the same company should be banned from these forums after lying to everyone. I dont know why they havent been after getting caught lying about their dyno numbers. Vivid Racing was selling a Greddy part at one point and after they copied their design they took it off their store to sell their own. One of many examples of how they conduct business. Also if you google Vivid Racing/Agency Power you will see many stories of how people got screwed by ordering parts from Vivid.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FR-Sizzle For This Useful Post:
calmtigers (05-11-2014), Chad86 (04-26-2014), JohnJuan (04-28-2014), Tainen (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 04:03 AM   #3
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
in terms of the boxer rumble, can anyone who has had both the revworks and borla uels chime in on which one has a deeper sounding or more unequal design? Are the videos that OP posted (Thank you @Chad86 btw) really representative?

Please don't turn this into a fight, I and many others would simply like to know about the sound rather than hear about complaints... I'm sure the answer to my question is buried deep in the forum somewhere but its impossible to find when there are x pages of complaints for each header!
Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:08 AM   #4
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Thanked 1,182 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Garage
Well if it is just a rumble that is desired, take a look at the Open Flash headers. They are as unequal as it can get.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
kevman_101

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Borla have a nice sound, but they have had quality issues in the past. BUT They seem to have great customer service and with the life time warranty if you buy it new, they will make it right if it wasn`t the first time.

No clue on rev works or Open Flash header, but the Open Flash combo is probably the best bang for your bucks you can get.
kevman_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
Chad86

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman_101 View Post
Borla have a nice sound, but they have had quality issues in the past. BUT They seem to have great customer service and with the life time warranty if you buy it new, they will make it right if it wasn`t the first time.

No clue on rev works or Open Flash header, but the Open Flash combo is probably the best bang for your bucks you can get.
With lifetime warranty, I am going to say Borla. I plan to get the OFT, but not sure on the reliability of the OFH...
Old 05-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #7
Chad86

Garage
Question

I'm wondering if I go with the OpenFlash Header with Perrin Catback it will still sounds like this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXPuw8DXe0"]Scion FRS with Borla UEL Header and Perrin Catback Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]
Old 05-11-2014, 01:36 AM   #8
Chad86

Garage
Cool

Should be a good setup combining Perrin with OFH

Here is a video of custom catback with OFH...seems to purr Subi style!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKx_yEStvXg"]FR-S BRZ OpenFlash UEL Catless Header - YouTube[/ame]
Old 05-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #9
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Borla has quality control issues. Warped flanges and cracked welds have been reported by forum members. The Tomei UEL is a little more and looks pretty nice; the OFH is also very nice for not a lot of money.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote