follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #71
Nerfie

Drives: Yaris SR 1.8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Thata boy Leeky! WORK IT SEXY POLAR BEAR. MOAR.

Lol Leeky has the direct sources now!! No salt needed.
That's quite funny. I say that, because the polar bear is from an advert over here. Also, many women over here don't like it. If you check out the adverts on youtube, you'll see why.

Unless you have checked them out, and you do like it, in which case. Kinky.
Nerfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #72
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfie View Post
That's quite funny. I say that, because the polar bear is from an advert over here. Also, many women over here don't like it. If you check out the adverts on youtube, you'll see why.

Unless you have checked them out, and you do like it, in which case. Kinky.
Whoa whoa whoa! Keep it in your pants! Lol Polar bears in the U.S drink Coca Cola apparently.

But I'm glad Leeky is over there getting everything direct at it's source. None of this... the website from this person from that person said it. Or... "<insert info here>" without any source at all.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #73
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
I meant the LFA and the GT86 are both 6-Speeds.
Ok, Gotcha. I thought you mean ISF's and LFA's. Well, I think 6speed based ISF tranny is good enough. I heard a lot of complements of it from magazines that reviewed new GS.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #74
Nerfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Whoa whoa whoa! Keep it in your pants! Lol Polar bears in the U.S drink Coca Cola apparently.

But I'm glad Leeky is over there getting everything direct at it's source. None of this... the website from this person from that person said it. Or... "<insert info here>" without any source at all.
I don't wear 'pants' You're more then welcome to find my polar bear though. You guys still get the Polar Bear adverts? We had ours axed... it's usually just the trucks and Santa. IIRC.

Also, this is true. I must admit, I'm annoyed by the nay sayers, effectively calling/implying Leeky a liar when he's right there in the thick of it. Eating inside the horses mouth, courtesy of the horses family. :\

Even if the information is badly translated/misinterpreted.... no need to insult someone. As far as I'm concerned, his word is more valid then any other nobody on this forum. That is until, of course, proven otherwise with cold, hard, logical facts. Their picture alongside the top brass would be worth something too.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #75
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
LMAO, This is good morning read. Read through all the pages & only few ppl thank ya for the pics & the info. Well let me thank ya for the pics. As for the info, you can't speak lick of Japanese, so don't worry, there might be some miscommunication. If your pc can type Japanese, make em type it in Japanese. This site has at least 3 Japanese members that can translate it for ya!

Keep up the information & have a fun time!

If you lived closer, I would totally ask you to pick me up few ps3 games, but o'well lol
Old 11-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #76
spin9k

Drives: RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeky View Post
The car will be limited to 1000 units per year only.

Each car i can confirm will be hand made.

Leeky
That's a duh, they aren't ever going to make money with those numbers. Meaningless marketing, selling those numbers is insanely uneconomic! They better revisit and build to demand or it's going to be the least expensive sports car pratically no one can every buy
spin9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #77
Soravia

Drives: Miata Club
Hand-made must only mean on the engine. But that doesn't necessarily apply to the entire world market or Subaru. Any F series engine will pop in that that just as easily without building by race engine builders. If Toyota is trying to play LF-A by using quantity to justify increased price, this will not work either. It will lose to Miata, Genesis and 370Z in the game.

My best guess is engines are currently built by hand (due to lack of demand and yet to be dedicated facility) and the initial year roll-out will be 1,000 units for Toyota Japan sales. Impreza STi itself won't come out till 2013 or so, there's the clue for limit on numbers.
Soravia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #78
Nerfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
LMAO, This is good morning read. Read through all the pages & only few ppl thank ya for the pics & the info. Well let me thank ya for the pics. As for the info, you can't speak lick of Japanese, so don't worry, there might be some miscommunication. If your pc can type Japanese, make em type it in Japanese. This site has at least 3 Japanese members that can translate it for ya!

Keep up the information & have a fun time!

If you lived closer, I would totally ask you to pick me up few ps3 games, but o'well lol
And in my anger, I even forgot my manners, well said Ichitaka. My apologies.

Thanks Leeky, you lucky git! I really appreciate the photos and if you get a chance to talk to Akio, let him know how grateful I am of his commitment to a more sporty Toyota range.

Follow up by hinting a GT-R beating Supra (same price bracket) would be a nice idea too......
Old 11-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #79
gdi2290
Web Designer/Programmer

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited (Lemon)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
If I'm not mistaken I recall a few years ago they were talking about how the cost of making this car reach a lot higher than they planned and was misinterpreted as a design change. You also have to remember they said they are NOT making a profit. That's very important that means the car should be valued a lot higher than it is. If it's going for 25k-30k to make a profit the cost would be something like 40k-50k (just guessing with no knowledge on car pricing) You can assume they realize the car can't be marketed to the normal consumer since most of the features are for the enthusiast market. You could say this is a great way to restore their imagine that has been dead in the enthusiast community.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

Last edited by gdi2290; 11-27-2011 at 02:46 PM.
gdi2290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #80
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
What? 1000 a year? I think you forgot a ZERO. You mean 10.000 a year, don't you?

Why should this car be as the LF-A, handbuilt overpriced? How can I get mine? If it is Hand built, can I book mine with black leather and blue stiching insted of red? And also blue interior lighting?
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #81
Rabble

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Toyota will make their money on TRD and other "official" aftermarket parts. Saying they are selling for cost sounds normal for a car when they are specifically marketing the car for people to buy add ons.

Oh yeah, and 1000 units a year is bogus unless that is how many will be available at day 1 and they will continue to make more throughout the year. How many toyota dealerships are there in the world? That's like 1-2 per dealer.
Rabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #82
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
This car was not built for profit? Why didn't they than make a NA 2.5l H4 with ITB, 300 PS, redline at 9.000 RPM, CF roof, hood, trunk, doors, seats, titanium exhaust system, 245 semi slick tires all round, etc....?
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #83
gdi2290
Web Designer/Programmer

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited (Lemon)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
This car was not built for profit? Why didn't they than make a NA 2.5l H4 with ITB, 300 PS, redline at 9.000 RPM, CF roof, hood, trunk, doors, seats, titanium exhaust system, 245 semi slick tires all round, etc....?
Everything cost money and people need to get paid for their hard work. Producing the car cost they way too much to even consider profits so you can assume they are in the negative in this project. They could have scrap the project like any other sane company would have, but they didn't. This car means more than a car its a statement and an embodiment of the car enthusiast

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

Last edited by gdi2290; 11-27-2011 at 02:48 PM.
gdi2290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #84
FutureFT86

Drives: 13 Scion FR-S
WOW thanks so much for the pics and info.

If it is actually no turbo planned EVER that could be the single greatest news about this car for me. Will definitely be a first year purchase!
FutureFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote