follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #827
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Its was a nice phantom call on Wade in OT to make the game interesting, he didn't touch George.

People under analyze sitting Hibbert. He was covering Bosh who was coming off a high screen and would've been nowhere near the rim. The best team won, end of story.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #828
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMenrique View Post
Its was a nice phantom call on Wade in OT to make the game interesting, he didn't touch George.

People under analyze sitting Hibbert. He was covering Bosh who was coming off a high screen and would've been nowhere near the rim. The best team won, end of story.
Yeah after seeing the replay over again from that little fiasco for the ball and George getting possession to end up heaving a 3 pointer then getting fouled in the process. I was like I didn't see Wade foul him. So yeah he probably didn't foul George in the beginning. I just think the refs were indicating the foul from the follow through from the shot. But like you said, the better team did win, so moving on.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #829
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...inals/2362101/

Stern isn't even trying to hide it. If this were any other player not selling thousands of jerseys, it would have been at least a 2 game suspension and diatribe about how that kind of play isn't tolerated.

Instead, it's just Wade being Wade. Can't beat em? Break em. Despicable.

But thank god he had an arm wrap on that elbow, he could have really injured it on Stephenson's head.

Last edited by 2forme; 05-27-2013 at 07:24 AM.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #830
ihaskrayon
The Comedian

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I'm sorry, but Wade is a dirty player. This is not the first time he's done something like this.

You know Stern doesn't want a MEM v IND finals. I honestly think Stern WANTS the Spurs to play the Heat and lose to them. That way every time Pop says it was a shitty officiated game he can fine him Texas $$. He wants revenge on Pop for benching his players against the Heat earlier in the season...
ihaskrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #831
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...inals/2362101/

Stern isn't even trying to hide it. If this were any other player not selling thousands of jerseys, it would have been at least a 2 game suspension and diatribe about how that kind of play isn't tolerated.

Instead, it's just Wade being Wade. Can't beat em? Break em. Despicable.

But thank god he had an arm wrap on that elbow, he could have really injured it on Stephenson's head.

C'mon man. Stevenson runs in front of Wade as he's tracking the ball. Realizes Stevenson is right in front of him and at the last moment attempts to jump out of the way. You even have the 2 BIGGEST Heat haters in Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller calling it inadvertent. So I looked up who the USA Today writer was because what was disgusting was the BIAS in the article. He's from Indy, which renders it useless.

I know we have our alliances to our home teams but it was clear as day. You want dirty? David West throws a shoulder into everyone of his screens to send people flying, to include Chalmers missing the rest of Game 2. Or Hansbrough throwing Wade down after a shoot. Or how a Pacer threw LeBron down by his neck. Why aren't we talking about those?

And the talks about Stern calling in the refs should be laid to rest. Only Miami has been in foul trouble ALL series to include a +14 FTA to the Pacers in Game 3.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #832
2forme

Garage
Righhhhttttt, because there wasn't a player within 3 ft on either side. I mean obviously Wade had no choice but to jump elbow the guy.

I supposed Kobe's nose got in the way. And Rondo's elbow. And Collison.

I'm sorry, but the evidence speaks for itself. Wade has a track record of playing dirty when they are losing. Just once I'd like to see them win a championship on their own (no ref favoritism and no dirty plays), then I'll consider them a good "team".
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #833
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Garage
Quote:
Righhhhttttt, because there wasn't a player within 3 ft on either side. I mean obviously Wade had no choice but to jump elbow the guy.

I supposed Kobe's nose got in the way. And Rondo's elbow. And Collison.

I'm sorry, but the evidence speaks for itself. Wade has a track record of playing dirty when they are losing. Just once I'd like to see them win a championship on their own (no ref favoritism and no dirty plays), then I'll consider them a good "team".

Kobe was quoted as knowing it was unintentional and the Rondo foul was more of a freak accident.

You should consider them a good team for being the best shooting team in the league with a stellar defense!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #834
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMenrique View Post
Kobe was quoted as knowing it was unintentional and the Rondo foul was more of a freak accident.

You should consider them a good team for being the best shooting team in the league with a stellar defense!
Don't waste your types. Everyone will always see the calls that favor the Heat, but there are never bad calls against the Heat, you know how it goes...

We'll move along, #winning
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #835
2forme

Garage
Right. Heat will make it to the finals. Just a shame the tactics they need to use. I used to really like d wade. But now he's just a punk who knows he can get away with everything. Didn't even apologize to Stephenson. No class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Don't waste your types. Everyone will always see the calls that favor the Heat, but there are never bad calls against the Heat, you know how it goes...

We'll move along, #winning
What does that have to do with D Wade playing dirty and getting away with it???

I mean, aside from officials turning a blind eye every time....

Last edited by 2forme; 05-28-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #836
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Right. Heat will make it to the finals. Just a shame the tactics they need to use. I used to really like d wade. But now he's just a punk who knows he can get away with everything. Didn't even apologize to Stephenson. No class.

What does that have to do with D Wade playing dirty and getting away with it???

I mean, aside from officials turning a blind eye every time....
It had nothing to do with that. I was not referring to that, but the whole conversation before, involving the refs. It is always the heat are benefited by the whistle. Always, always that.

NOW, I think saying DWade is Bruce Bowen type of dirty is too much, BUT i'll admit he's questionable on some of those plays. The Daren Collison play last year in the payoffs was horrible. I didn't like the Kobe play in the All star game either. I agree with you I would have liked to see him apologize since it was not intentional.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #837
2forme

Garage
Quote:
It has nothing to do with that. I was not referring to that, but the whole conversation before talking about DWade being dirty. It is always the heat are benefited by the whistle. Its always that.

NOW, I think saying DWade is Bruce Bowen type of dirty is too much, BUT i'll admit he's questionable on some of those plays. The Daren Collison play last year in the payoffs was horrible. I didn't like the Kobe play in the All star game either.
I like the convenient omission of Stephenson and Rondo
Old 05-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #838
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
I like the convenient omission of Stephenson and Rondo
While you were quoting me I was adding stephenson. I didn't want to talk about Rondo to not start an argument but ok. If you see the Rondo play, Rondo grabbed Wade first, then Wade grabbed him when falling down. It is a dirty play yes, but one he did not start, it was Rondo who grabbed first. Wade did not pull him down saying "Oh, let me injure this punk". He grabbed him back. So again, not defending it, it was a dirty play but was a reaction to what Rondo did to him first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
2forme (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #839
2forme

Garage
Quote:
While you were quoting me I was adding stephenson. I didn't want to talk about Rondo to not start an argument but ok. If you see the Rondo play, Rondo grabbed Wade first, then Wade grabbed him when falling down. It is a dirty play yes, but one he did not start, it was Rondo who grabbed first. Wade did not pull him down saying "Oh, let me injure this punk". He grabbed him back. So again, not defending it, it was a dirty play but was a reaction to what Rondo did to him first.
I can accept that.

Do you think it's coincidence that these usually occur when Wade is losing the game?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #840
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
I can accept that.

Do you think it's coincidence that these usually occur when Wade is losing the game?
No coincidence, it is done out of frustration which is high when loosing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
2forme (05-28-2013)

Tags
nbasux