follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #57
robo_robb

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norkoastal View Post
Would it be fair to say props to Toyota for the vision and Subaru for the engineering/implementation of Toyota's vision?
Totally fair!
robo_robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #58
Karl07

Drives: 2012 86 GTS - Storm Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
And then you woke up and at a bowl of cereal.
I don't eat cereal.
It's my experience that the average bogan who drives those can't drive for shit.
He was the pure vision of a bogan who probably does laps up and down the main street all night.
I'm not saying that these are so powerful it's a v8 eater. I can only assume that he was not going as fast as i was in the lead up so that is why I caught him, and in the mountain, he basically had to ride the brakes hard at every corner because the amount of weight coupled with the power coupled with the jello-like suspension he had coupled with the fact that he genuinely could not drive...equals overtaken.

My post was not trying to make these cars something they're not...I was merely referring to the fact that it out handled (in a big way) a heavy shopping trolley.
Karl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #59
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
had a hater successfully hate me..

brand new 270hp hyundai sonota passed me on a 2 lane (2 lanes each way) road, got in front of me then slowed down significantly. each time i tried to pass, he'd swerve to that lane, whichever it may be. kind of a difficult situation to deal w/ and as furious as it made me, it wasnt worth it to do a crazy manuever to get in front as collisions suck (plus it was raining). after a half a mile or so, he finally turned right and as i passed, he grinned at me like he was so proud of himself.

i got did pretty good and wanted revenge but meh, not worth it.
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #60
travace

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
the moment someone makes a Toybaru emblem that is quality i will be getting out the checkbook.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #61
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have a BRZ , but either way if I were you I would have shouted back to the guy in the Audi "How is the cost of maintenence and repairs!"
TuxedoCartman (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #62
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
This. You just reminded me why I want turbo and not a supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celica00 View Post

brand new 270hp hyundai sonota passed me on a 2 lane (2 lanes each way) road, got in front of me then slowed down significantly. each time i tried to pass, he'd swerve to that lane, whichever it may be. kind of a difficult situation to deal w/ and as furious as it made me, it wasnt worth it to do a crazy manuever to get in front as collisions suck (plus it was raining). after a half a mile or so, he finally turned right and as i passed, he grinned at me like he was so proud of himself.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #63
Sevs753

Drives: BRZ, Canyon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celica00 View Post

That kind of thing is the single most infuriating thing anyone has ever done to me. The guy who did it to me was in an older vw passat. I was extremely tempted to just tap his bumper to scare him off. (I was driving my '90s Honda. Buying an FRS in the spring.) How do you deal with those people?
Sevs753 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sevs753 For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (12-03-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #64
White Shadow
Banned

Drives: 12,000 miles per year
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl07 View Post
I don't eat cereal.
It's my experience that the average bogan who drives those can't drive for shit.
He was the pure vision of a bogan who probably does laps up and down the main street all night.
I'm not saying that these are so powerful it's a v8 eater. I can only assume that he was not going as fast as i was in the lead up so that is why I caught him, and in the mountain, he basically had to ride the brakes hard at every corner because the amount of weight coupled with the power coupled with the jello-like suspension he had coupled with the fact that he genuinely could not drive...equals overtaken.

My post was not trying to make these cars something they're not...I was merely referring to the fact that it out handled (in a big way) a heavy shopping trolley.
Okay, okay. I was just messin' with ya, that's all. BTW, you should try some cereal. Honey Nut Cheerios is one of my favorites!
White Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #65
muffinman

Drives: -
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
The 325ci I traded in for my FRS came from that factory as well.

Scott
and then ur FRS check engine light came on
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #66
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by travace View Post
the moment someone makes a Toybaru emblem that is quality i will be getting out the checkbook.
The best suggestion I've read is to leave the Scion badge on your steering wheel, replace the hood badge with a Subaru badge and replace the trunk badge with a Toyota badge.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #67
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody

Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Considering he's riding, excuse my language, "B!tch" or for lack of a better term "B!atch". Makes me wonder if he can even afford the car to begin with... or a car at all for that matter.
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #68
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
The best suggestion I've read is to leave the Scion badge on your steering wheel, replace the hood badge with a Subaru badge and replace the trunk badge with a Toyota badge.
I'm torn between that and dem00n's split-personality Toyobaru idea. In either case, what would cops write on tickets?

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #69
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevs753 View Post
That kind of thing is the single most infuriating thing anyone has ever done to me. The guy who did it to me was in an older vw passat. I was extremely tempted to just tap his bumper to scare him off. (I was driving my '90s Honda. Buying an FRS in the spring.) How do you deal with those people?
I usually just spoil their fun by not even attempting to pass. I just drop back, and if possible let some other cars get in front of me between me and them. Sometimes that way they start bugging someone else instead, creating an opening to get past them.

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #70
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Here is my little bit of 'haters'. I thought it was funny. The guy was making himself look like an idiot without any external help.
(Copied from my build thread) - they are images.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
zenki_levin (12-03-2012)