follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
FRSFrank

Drives: 2013 FR-S AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Question: How to load OFT tunes manually (first production run ECU)

UPDATE: I was able to talk to Robert from Vishnu Tuning and he explained to me that if your ROM has never been sent to them, then you will have to wait a few days to get a compatible tune file. However, if someone with the same ROM type as you has sent theirs in, you will be good to go. He also explained to me that it is pretty rare for people in the US to run into this issue.

I know others will have the same question in the future, so I will leave this as an informative post for them to search.

1) Attempt to do the installation of the OFT in the video provided by Vishnu Tuning
2) If everything works as it should, you are good to go.
3) If something seems wrong and it doesn't detect the compatible ROM type, contact Vishnu Tuning and they will take care of you. After they have made your ROM compatible with the tablet, future users will not have to go through this procedure.

I have left my previous post quoted below for informative purposes.

Quote:
Hello everyone.

My OFT is arriving today, and I have read that for older ROMs, you cannot use the OFT's auto-detect feature.

What I do not know and have not been able to find using the search bar, is how to actually do this step by step correctly.

Forgive me if it has been posted already and I am just overlooking something. I just REALLY want to get on the road with my E85!
Kind regards, FRSFrank

Last edited by FRSFrank; 04-07-2014 at 07:11 PM.
FRSFrank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laptop, manual, oft, rom, tune