follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #323
Kanye

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will this fit over the trd rear bumper?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #324
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye View Post
Will this fit over the trd rear bumper?
I built it on the stock one, I can't answer that with a yes or no.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:34 AM   #325
MorrenCraige

Drives: BWM 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Very curious to see some nice detail shots of the fitment with the TRD exhaust... especially at the frontwards edge where the diffuser attaches to the car.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #326
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Garage
*Cough* a little Birdy told me that a few of these are in stock and ready to ship.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #327
Struckbylitenin

Drives: 10 Series FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrenCraige View Post
Very curious to see some nice detail shots of the fitment with the TRD exhaust... especially at the frontwards edge where the diffuser attaches to the car.
^this

I have the TRD, and I feel like the tips might touch. Holding off on this until I see it installed with the TRD.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #328
Fly Guy

Drives: '91 MR2
Looks great! Do you think the ARK Performance DT-S fit with the first version of the diffuser?
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #329
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy View Post
Looks great! Do you think the ARK Performance DT-S fit with the first version of the diffuser?
X2...I've got the grip, and I've been wondering as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #330
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy View Post
The arc exhausts are a tough call without actually fitting to it. I'll try and snag one this weekend at the SC event to test fit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderbar For This Useful Post:
Fly Guy (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #331
ZoM

Drives: 2014 Monogram Raven 86
Do you know if either would fit the Zeta exhaust?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #332
mitosis

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2008 Fit
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
*sigh*

I really, genuinely, hate to even ask this (since it got the last guy who asked chewed out pretty good)... but do we have any updates on the compact version?

I don't see why a new thread would have to be created. Vendor or not, can't you just give us an update here? After all, the discussion about the very creation of the "type 2" diffuser started in this very thread... so why can't it continue in this thread? There are plenty of other threads on this forum that discuss multiple versions of the same product, or even discuss multiple products from the same brand. I wouldn't even consider the compact version to BE a new product, it's just a different size of the same exact thing... so I don't see how discussing the compact version in this thread would be any kind of problem if discussing the full size version isn't.

I don't use social networking sites, it's just not my thing and I find traditional bulletin boards to me a much more "pure" approach to finding and sharing information. It's not that you're "inconveniencing" me to have to go on FB to look for this information, it's that you're almost making it impossible for me to find it since most of the features of that site don't work if you're not logged in... not to mention that it's a confusing site with a convoluted user interface that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

I just don't wanna miss out if for some reason the compact version of the diffuser gets released in some kind of limited batch and it only ever gets mentioned on your FB page. So please, I beg of you, don't chew me out and give me some news... I just wanna know if I can throw money your direction yet.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #333
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Apparently its harder to google "driveway labs facebook" and click the top result than it is to write 3 paragraphs about anything but how a person making a small number of items alone in a garage should pay $1000 a year to post more info on this site to save 3.7 people from typing the above 3 word phrase into their search engine or even address bar on most browsers now days.

https://www.facebook.com/driveway.labs

Last I read if I remember right some v2 had shipped or were close to it .
The Following User Says Thank You to Model Citizen For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (04-04-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #334
mitosis

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2008 Fit
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
This is why I didn't even wanna say anything, I don't deserve this kinda hate just for asking a simple question. It boggles me why he would have to pay to be a vendor to post things in this thread about the type 2 diffuser... to me that would imply that he can't post anything about the type 1 diffuser without being a vendor either, but he does.

If it's somehow OK for him to post about the type 1 diffuser without vendor status but ONLY post about the type 1 diffuser, then that doesn't make sense either. If he were making t-shirts instead of diffusers, would he have to create a new thread for each size shirt he sells? ...would it be OK for him to post about his size medium shirts without vendor status but not about his size small shirts? It just doesn't add up, and I'm just curious why the discrepancy?

Everyone gets all butt-hurt when some news is asked for, as if I'M the one trying to solicit money from him... why can't my question be innocent and harmless, why does it have to cause so much offense?
The Following User Says Thank You to mitosis For This Useful Post:
zex (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #335
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
You could always try pm if clicking the link I posted doesn't suit your fancy.

Either option really is far more efficient than the 500+ words you've typed so far.

I don't get where you are receiving hate when I went and posted the goddamn link for you.

Would you like a nice handjob in back to make you feel better? Would you be happy if the information from the Facebook was copied and pasted somewhere for you so you don't have to click and do any work yourself?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #336
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitosis View Post
*sigh*

I really, genuinely, hate to even ask this (since it got the last guy who asked chewed out pretty good)... but do we have any updates on the compact version?

I don't see why a new thread would have to be created. Vendor or not, can't you just give us an update here? After all, the discussion about the very creation of the "type 2" diffuser started in this very thread... so why can't it continue in this thread? There are plenty of other threads on this forum that discuss multiple versions of the same product, or even discuss multiple products from the same brand. I wouldn't even consider the compact version to BE a new product, it's just a different size of the same exact thing... so I don't see how discussing the compact version in this thread would be any kind of problem if discussing the full size version isn't.

I don't use social networking sites, it's just not my thing and I find traditional bulletin boards to me a much more "pure" approach to finding and sharing information. It's not that you're "inconveniencing" me to have to go on FB to look for this information, it's that you're almost making it impossible for me to find it since most of the features of that site don't work if you're not logged in... not to mention that it's a confusing site with a convoluted user interface that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

I just don't wanna miss out if for some reason the compact version of the diffuser gets released in some kind of limited batch and it only ever gets mentioned on your FB page. So please, I beg of you, don't chew me out and give me some news... I just wanna know if I can throw money your direction yet.

Hey brother, I never chewed anyone out I didn't think. I was somewhat snidly responding to someone who seemed pretty rude towards me. I actually started a thread for the type 2 discussion. It's just not a vendor specification or sale thread. It's merely labeled as a project, because that's what the diffuser is for me.

"Type 2 project teaser" is the thread title. I have actual photos posted in there and a link to an "installed video" that shows the differences between the two.

I don't expect everyone to use fb. If I had a better way, then I wouldn't use it. I hate fb and twitter and all that nonsense. But it's free and convenient, and actually a powerful tool for small operations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonderbar For This Useful Post:
mitosis (04-04-2014), Nsot (04-13-2014), s0sl0w (06-23-2014)

Closed Thread

Tags
activate more mpg, diffuser, downforce, functional, rear diffuser