follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I just want to clarify the first two places I had my alignment done at, did not have their machines updated. So they substituted the specs for another car to get the alignment machine to start the process. Did they bother to look up the factory specs afterwords? I don't have any idea.

This is why I included the specs on the first page just in case they don't have their system updated, and you can be educated before you go in.

In the alignment I performed myself, the machine was properly updated with the proper specs before we started.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #30
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,045 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Dezoris, for educational purposes, can you list the possible aftermarket parts (eg., camber plates, camber bolts, bushings, etc) to induce negative camber, and possibly the pros and cons of each
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #31
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
@Dezoris, for educational purposes, can you list the possible aftermarket parts (eg., camber plates, camber bolts, bushings, etc) to induce negative camber, and possibly the pros and cons of each
There are so many and more coming, one that caught my eye recently was these AST ones from TIC. I trust these guys along with RCE on suspension stuff, if you want camber plates anyways i don't personally.

http://turninconcepts.com/product_in...oducts_id=1258

There are also the Ground Control ones, Whiteline Com C, RCE is coming out with some, etc.
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeBoxer For This Useful Post:
ayau (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #32
ayau

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoxer View Post
There are so many and more coming, one that caught my eye recently was these AST ones from TIC. I trust these guys along with RCE on suspension stuff, if you want camber plates anyways i don't personally.

http://turninconcepts.com/product_in...oducts_id=1258

There are also the Ground Control ones, Whiteline Com C, RCE is coming out with some, etc.
thanks.

it's confusing when there are so many options to get negative camber. it would be nice if there was some sort of FAQ that has a list of all the different options and their pros/cons.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #33
JoeBoxer

I tried to make a list one night but i don't have the organizational skills like Darren has done in the wheel thread.
For the front your basic options are just the OEM camber bolts or Whiteline, then you can step up to camber plates.

For the rear you have the Whiteline upper a arm bushing which is cheapest but also most difficult to install. There are a number of rear lower control arms, only a few i like that are reasonably priced, SPC, Whiteline, GTSpec but there are more of these coming out too.

Not to say there are other quality options out there but some of them are over $500 so these are just the ones i like, i sell other ones i could make more money on but those are my favorites.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeBoxer For This Useful Post:
ayau (12-26-2012), ericmpena (08-27-2013)
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #34
ayau

it is my understanding that aftermarket coilovers don't provide negative camber adjustments, correct? the reason why you get negative camber from an aftermarket coilover is because of the shorter coilover length, but there are no adjustments unless you get some type of camber kit (mentioned in the above posts).
Old 12-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
Dezoris

Quote:
I tried to make a list one night but i don't have the organizational skills like Darren has done in the wheel thread.
For the front your basic options are just the OEM camber bolts or Whiteline, then you can step up to camber plates.

For the rear you have the Whiteline upper a arm bushing which is cheapest but also most difficult to install. There are a number of rear lower control arms, only a few i like that are reasonably priced, SPC, Whiteline, GTSpec but there are more of these coming out too.
It's going to be even more confusing.
Ayau, I added what I used in my original post.

I hesitate to start recommending brands or products when it will be impossible to keep up with all of them. However I will add a breakdown of each type and why you would use them.

However, as Joe mentioned the Whiteline/SPC eccetric front bolts are tried and true for 90% of FR-S/BRZ owners. If you need more camber adjustment than those bolts provide, chances are you will will be spending a lot of time on the track.

Same with the rear bushings, they just work when you need camber "correction."
Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
JoeBoxer

Quote:
it is my understanding that aftermarket coilovers don't provide negative camber adjustments, correct? the reason why you get negative camber from an aftermarket coilover is because of the shorter coilover length, but there are no adjustments unless you get some type of camber kit (mentioned in the above posts).
Coilover kits that have upper camber mounts will give you adjustment in the front but not the rear, there aren't any on the market *right now* that offer camber adjustment on the rear.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #37
Dezoris

Quote:
100% correct, lowering the ride height generates more negative static camber. Most kits do not include camber correction.

Some coil overs offer camber/caster plates which are installed and adjusted at the shock tower.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #38
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Absolutely, Turn in Concepts uses them on their track car also. There are some other LCA's coming to the market soon also. Whiteline and Esoteric should be out soon i've heard of others but haven't seen anything.
On the wait list for the Whitelines direct FTW!

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #39
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutbob View Post
On the wait list for the Whitelines direct FTW!

I'd like to see the whiteline arms as well. Hopefully painted black
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #40
ayau

do you think there will be other options in the future to add more camber?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #41
gmookher
Banned

Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
between the kc416's and a nice set of camber plates, like vorschlags or GC's you should be able to get 2.5 to -3, isnt that enough?
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #42
ayau

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
between the kc416's and a nice set of camber plates, like vorschlags or GC's you should be able to get 2.5 to -3, isnt that enough?
getting front camber doesn't seem to be an issue with the current options; it's the back that seems like it's going to be a hassle, especially if your rear camber is uneven from the factory. here are a couple options i can think of to remedy this issue.

1. aftermarket adjustable rear control arm.
2. whiteline rear bushings.
3. lowering the car with aftermarket coilovers (adds negative camber), and you can adjust the rear height to get your desired negative camber.