follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #8107
Joeyb860

Drives: 2017 860 SPRINTEK
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Yes. You're gonna have a hard time finding a tuner that will sell you an unlocked tune.
Off topic but do you have any experience with the snow meth water kit? Does it help with the sprintex intercooled kit? Hoping it will help with iat's and maybe a little more power.
Joeyb860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #8108
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb860 View Post
Off topic but do you have any experience with the snow meth water kit? Does it help with the sprintex intercooled kit? Hoping it will help with iat's and maybe a little more power.
Yes it helps and also helps add a little extra boost pressure. @Rich196 ran a WMI kit on his Sprintex before swapping for a Cossie blower.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Joeyb860 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #8109
brybot

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riboyster View Post
I've run my supercharger with no oil for the last year. There was a drop on the sight glass that threw me. It handles just fine but you do lose performance.
Needless to say, I have replaced the oil lol
In this vein, does anyone have a sight glass that just doesn't show an oil level? I can fill mine past full and it just doesn't get to the glass somehow. I even resealed my sight glass, and I could see nothing wrong with it. Jon Bond installed mine during a rebuild, so I asked him but he didn't really answer the question. Customer service via email is tough, so I didn't want to bother him more. It's as weird as it sounds unfortunately.

Semi-related PSA: helicoil kit is a good solution to stripping the Al threads on the oil dipstick. Remember the torque spec on that is 7 ft-lbs / 10N-m and NEVER take it out when it's hot. Anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.
brybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #8110
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brybot View Post
In this vein, does anyone have a sight glass that just doesn't show an oil level? I can fill mine past full and it just doesn't get to the glass somehow.
Possibility that the inside of your sight glass is covered in sludge. Did you clean it?
Old 02-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #8111
brybot

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riboyster View Post
Possibility that the inside of your sight glass is covered in sludge. Did you clean it?
It is clean - and is in fact transparent. You can see right through it. It's like the oil just doesn't get to it. Makes no sense whatsoever. One day I'll take it off again to see what's going on.
brybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:31 PM   #8112
hunter3232792

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Hey guys two questions

I have a crawford air oil separator can i still use this kit?

Second how useful is the intercooler if i have a perrin oil cooler ?

IS the intercooler that necessary even with my oil cooler or should i opt out of that.

And if so why?
Old 02-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #8113
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter3232792 View Post
Hey guys two questions

I have a crawford air oil separator can i still use this kit?

Second how useful is the intercooler if i have a perrin oil cooler ?

IS the intercooler that necessary even with my oil cooler or should i opt out of that.

And if so why?
I can't answer a question about fitment with the AOS; will it work? Yes. Will it fit? Don't know, someone else will have to chime in.

The Perrin oil cooler will do nothing for cooling your intake temps. Both are worthwhile mods to keep. The intercooler just keeps the air your supercharger is forcing into your engine cooler. (Not to say it's not important, but keeping your engine oil cool is a much more important job)

To keep it simple: Keep both. Perrin oil cooler will help keep your oil from deteriorating (which will cause it to ineffectively protect your engine!)
Intercooler will keep your power up when boosting and give you more WHP because of the cooler air. I would research the benefits of both of these and you'll understand their importance much better.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #8114
hunter3232792

Drives: FRS
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I can't answer a question about fitment with the AOS; will it work? Yes. Will it fit? Don't know, someone else will have to chime in.

The Perrin oil cooler will do nothing for cooling your intake temps. Both are worthwhile mods to keep. The intercooler just keeps the air your supercharger is forcing into your engine cooler. (Not to say it's not important, but keeping your engine oil cool is a much more important job)

To keep it simple: Keep both. Perrin oil cooler will help keep your oil from deteriorating (which will cause it to ineffectively protect your engine!)
Intercooler will keep your power up when boosting and give you more WHP because of the cooler air. I would research the benefits of both of these and you'll understand their importance much better.
Thank you so much for the insight yeah Ive been out of the game so long i forgot a lot of this important information! Will do more research!
Old 02-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #8115
SleeBrzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz
What’s everyone's thought on the 69mm pulley with the 210 intercooled kit on 94 octane? I have tried searching about this already, and read that it can overdrive the charger. Has anyone experienced problems with it?
I will be having my car re-tuned soon and thinking I would love to get some more power but I am worried of jeopardizing my supercharger from the 69mm pulley. I have also seen raceseng used to make a 72.5mm pulley but its been long discontinued. Anyone possibly have one of those kicking around?
SleeBrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #8116
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Sprintex sell the 69mm for the 210, that gives you an idea. See if you can find the compressor calculator which will tell you the overdrive RPM and if you're getting a new tune limit the revs in the higher gears. IIRC it's around 7k RPM but you're fine to overspin for short periods of time.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
JDM_Import (05-12-2019)
Old 02-21-2018, 12:32 AM   #8117
Joeyb860

Drives: 2017 860 SPRINTEK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeBrzz View Post
What’s everyone's thought on the 69mm pulley with the 210 intercooled kit on 94 octane? I have tried searching about this already, and read that it can overdrive the charger. Has anyone experienced problems with it?
I will be having my car re-tuned soon and thinking I would love to get some more power but I am worried of jeopardizing my supercharger from the 69mm pulley. I have also seen raceseng used to make a 72.5mm pulley but its been long discontinued. Anyone possibly have one of those kicking around?
I run the 69mm pulley and have not had any trouble so far just shift before 7k.
Joeyb860 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joeyb860 For This Useful Post:
JDM_Import (05-12-2019), SleeBrzz (02-21-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #8118
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Well, I finally installed the 75mm pulley that I got from AJCARSON11 to replace the 80mm pulley that came with my base kit. Definitely a bump up in power. Maybe not a huge leap, but I feel it. I'll need to do some data logging and send the log to my tuner to make sure things are okay. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary whatsoever other than the bump in power that is. I'm certainly a happy camper. I definitely have to dyno my car though and go all flexfuel instead of using e85 and 93 octane maps.
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NIKOLA For This Useful Post:
ajcarson11 (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #8119
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I have one in my back seat.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #8120
PitViper

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Limited Edition
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
If you're going FI, get a turbo. It is better on the block and you'll be happier with a turbo.
Something like the JDL V2 turbo kit with a 3071r gen2 will give you great spool and lots of potential for power.
If you want to upgrade to a smaller pulley, you won't see mich between the 69mm and the 70mm. More mottom end torque and more engine wear is about the most You'll see.
I've ran the 69mm for most of the life of my car. Wasn't much of an upgrade.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.