follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #169
Subie
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do people not care about this issue anymore? Have others contacted Subaru directly about this issue (not their local dealers, but SOA)? It's not a matter of sensitivity; I can literally hold the switch down for half a second and not get automatic operation from the passenger-side window. The switch is garbage.
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #170
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
Do people not care about this issue anymore? Have others contacted Subaru directly about this issue (not their local dealers, but SOA)? It's not a matter of sensitivity; I can literally hold the switch down for half a second and not get automatic operation from the passenger-side window. The switch is garbage.
Mine isnt quite that bad. It still does it, but subconsciously I just hold the button down longer.

But there are days that it works the way it should and it will go up/down with just one quick tap.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #171
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
It's cold out, who's opening windows anymore?
enigmaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #172
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
There's not really anything that anyone can do, other than complain here and email Scion directly. We are all just waiting for a fix now.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #173
psk

Drives: scion fr-s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaaron View Post
It's cold out, who's opening windows anymore?
it's still in the 80's here in texas.
psk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #174
alrashwa

Drives: '12 370Z Monterey Blue
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Mine somehow stopped exhibiting the issue. Not really sure why, I know my battery got disconnected several times during the first few repairs and warranty issues I had worked out. May want to try the window reset procedures some people have posted up too.
alrashwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #175
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
My replacement seems to not give the problem. Running it about three weeks now.

Sent from my flux capacitor using Taptalk
Old 12-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #176
Eyesacky

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited "Freyja" +2 Miatas
Ugh, they are having reproducing the issues I'm having with my brz, this window scroll and the chirping...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

||)===*(O).==(||
Eyesacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #177
bAS1c

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
I've got this too, going in soon for service at Earl Stewart in North Palm Beach definitely going to mention this now that I see it's common. I was starting to think it was just me.
bAS1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #178
phoenixrage

Drives: BRZ
had this issue on my BRZ last week. Earlier in the day I had noticed that the auto down function stopped working, but if I held the button down I could open the window. Later that day, I get home and was about to wash the car and noticed the driver window didn't fully close when the door closed. So I tried to close it with the car on, but it wouldn't go.. figured if I opened it more it might get unstuck.. ended up not being able to close the window at all. Called up my dealer, but since the service guys were on their way out for the day, I was stuck. Frustrated a bit, I hit the switch a few times, opened and closed the door a couple times, and I guess something reconnected and everything is working fine again.
phoenixrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #179
Fenrir

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrage View Post
had this issue on my BRZ last week. Earlier in the day I had noticed that the auto down function stopped working, but if I held the button down I could open the window. Later that day, I get home and was about to wash the car and noticed the driver window didn't fully close when the door closed. So I tried to close it with the car on, but it wouldn't go.. figured if I opened it more it might get unstuck.. ended up not being able to close the window at all. Called up my dealer, but since the service guys were on their way out for the day, I was stuck. Frustrated a bit, I hit the switch a few times, opened and closed the door a couple times, and I guess something reconnected and everything is working fine again.
Window lost its auto up/down positioning. Happens pretty often on my car as well. If it happens again, lower the window all the way down and hold the button until you hear a click, then all the way up until you hear a click. You can tell if the windows need programming by turning your headlights on and looking at the window controls. If they're flashing, they need to be programmed this way.
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #180
phoenixrage

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Window lost its auto up/down positioning. Happens pretty often on my car as well. If it happens again, lower the window all the way down and hold the button until you hear a click, then all the way up until you hear a click. You can tell if the windows need programming by turning your headlights on and looking at the window controls. If they're flashing, they need to be programmed this way.
That's probably how it "fixed" itself. I wish the service guy knew this and told me since I asked if there was anything I could do.

I park outside, so the thought of being forced to leave the car overnight with the window open was not appealing.

So replacing the switch doesn't really solve the problem, since I assume no one really knows the exact cause for this issue?
phoenixrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #181
Fenrir

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrage View Post
That's probably how it "fixed" itself. I wish the service guy knew this and told me since I asked if there was anything I could do.

I park outside, so the thought of being forced to leave the car overnight with the window open was not appealing.

So replacing the switch doesn't really solve the problem, since I assume no one really knows the exact cause for this issue?
Two different issues, unfortunately. The issue that the new window switches fixes is the auto up-down intermittentcy on the passenger window. The windows "losing" their programming is something else entirely, and most commonly occurs (for me anyway) after it rains. I suspect it's related to the screeching noise the windows exhibit when they're wet. Something is binding up inside the door causing the window to get stuck, which resets the remember full up/down positions. Just a guess, though.
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #182
zeroshot9

Drives: 2013 Frs
I have the same problem. toyota said they tried to duplicate the problem and didn't do it.
zeroshot9 is offline   Reply With Quote