follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
MisterSheep

Old 09-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #491
KAMBOLIGI

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
This sounds like the typical wrong definition file symptoms. I'd double check you have the right one loaded and if it says it's the right one, I'd download it again.
I do have the current correct definition files, but in order to do this tune you need to use some specific definition files that I've downloaded from another post on here. It includes a bunch of different definitions including mine (ZA1JF40C), and that's the only one that seems to be broken
KAMBOLIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #492
Student Driver

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Series 10
my exhaust pops and crackles like a mother f***** and I only have a straight pipe from cat back.. no tuning or OFT at all... wondering if I do full straight pipe with a tune if it will get flames at all? anyone know if this would work? also is there anything that is bad about running straight pipe from cat back with no tune or is it all fine?
Student Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #493
KAMBOLIGI

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Driver View Post
my exhaust pops and crackles like a mother f***** and I only have a straight pipe from cat back.. no tuning or OFT at all... wondering if I do full straight pipe with a tune if it will get flames at all? anyone know if this would work? also is there anything that is bad about running straight pipe from cat back with no tune or is it all fine?
I'm running full catless with a dual resonated front pipe with the OFT and I get flames so that would definitely work haha, also it's totally fine to run your current setup with no tune, my buddy has been fully straight piped for about 7 months with no tune and he has no issues, but after he drove my car he ordered the tablet because he could feel the extra power
KAMBOLIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KAMBOLIGI For This Useful Post:
Student Driver (09-22-2017), Teseo (10-27-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #494
Student Driver

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Series 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMBOLIGI View Post
I'm running full catless with a dual resonated front pipe with the OFT and I get flames so that would definitely work haha, also it's totally fine to run your current setup with no tune, my buddy has been fully straight piped for about 7 months with no tune and he has no issues, but after he drove my car he ordered the tablet because he could feel the extra power
awesome! thank you for the info this is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Student Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #495
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
I got it sorted out tonight. I finally sat down and decided to figure out WTH I was doing wrong. A friend of mine helped too. Now I got pops, bangs, FFS and LC!
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:11 AM   #496
stefodrom

Drives: GT86 AT 2013
Defenition Files

Hey Guys,

Following this Topic for a while now just reading and learning.
I bought Tactrixx to modify my exhaust sound the way you did.
Im driving around using the "push throttle" method quite a while now.
Last Week i decided to change it to the "off throttle" method.
But i have a problem wich i can't fix, so i want to ask you for your help please.

My Definition Files are not defined correctly at the Base Timing Idle(In-Gear)(Above Speed Threshold) Tab. I already tried all definitions i've found and also the ones suggested here. But there's allways the same Problem.

Im comparing Xml's for some evenings now, and i found out that the most US Def files have a X and a Y Axis definded, meanwhile i got only the Y axis in all def's i've found matching my Cal ID.

This is the one i got
Code:
<table name="Base Timing Idle (In-Gear)(Above Speed Threshold)" storageaddress="115104">
  <table type="Y Axis" storageaddress="1150E0" />
</table>
On my Romraider the Above Speed Tab looks a bit like the one in the Quote down here. I found some other small differeces wich i changed. After these changes i got a second row showing Data (like it should i guess) But not in correct order and still some faulty values.

Please can someone help me fix this issue? Its driving me crazy

I have CAL ID ZA1JA01I, Its a GT86 2013 AT EDM and i'm driving a Stg1 tune ZA1JA01I from Wayno right now.

Thanks for your time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapplepat View Post
@eddieflyinv
I'm new to this whole romraider thing... I did etuning with shiv and just wanted to poke around in romraider and see what its all about and maybe add some pops! I was going to do the same thing you did in your most recent post but my tables and even my folder selection seems much different than yours.

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? I have, from what I can tell, the latest A01C definition file (v2.076)

stefodrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #497
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqAT5_AR0cw&t=157s"]Crack-a-lackin' good - YouTube[/ame]

In-car from my phone (sorry it's shit) but you can hear the pops and raunch I've been looking for. :-D

1:15 has some good stuff and about 2:00 also. I didn't know whether to have the window open (wind noise) or closed so I did both at various times in the video.

I used the OP's changes to the ignition timing B map. I copied his changes at first but there was WAY too much pop in the 3k-4k range for some reason (must be my exhaust set up) so I toned that middle area down and also toned down around up to 2500 RPM so I don't pop in traffic so much.

Raised the idle RPM's a little. Now my low idle is 800RPM. The orig value of 650 was just too low and annoying.

Set LC to 4600 RPM and FFS to 6100 RPM

Thanks everyone!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to guybo For This Useful Post:
Teseo (10-27-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #498
Firecruiser

Drives: 2014 brz
I had a similar issue where the base idle timing in gear table wasn't properly defined in the oft defs. I grabbed a matching def from wayno and kodename for B01D. The def has the table defined and it doesn't show up with weird numbers, however, there isn't a y axis in the table. I tried to map it out myself with but the table didn't look right so i walked away. Does the auto map not use temperature for the idle timing in gear table? The rest of the tables exist and look fine though. Do you think it is safe to modify the base idle timing in gear table as defined in the kodename defs even though it doesn't have the temperature on the y axis? @eddieflyinv @steve99 @Wayno @cwvisual
Firecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #499
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecruiser View Post
I had a similar issue where the base idle timing in gear table wasn't properly defined in the oft defs. I grabbed a matching def from wayno and kodename for B01D. The def has the table defined and it doesn't show up with weird numbers, however, there isn't a y axis in the table. I tried to map it out myself with but the table didn't look right so i walked away. Does the auto map not use temperature for the idle timing in gear table? The rest of the tables exist and look fine though. Do you think it is safe to modify the base idle timing in gear table as defined in the kodename defs even though it doesn't have the temperature on the y axis? @eddieflyinv @steve99 @Wayno @cwvisual

Golden rule with defs/romraider, if it looks suspect don't modify it :-)
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Firecruiser (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #500
Firecruiser

Drives: 2014 brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Golden rule with defs/romraider, if it looks suspect don't modify it :-)
Ya definitely. I believe the table is defined ok in the defs from kodename or wayno. The difference is that it doesn't have the temperature ranges for the y axis. It is just a single row to timing values. I believe @cwvisual is an auto and has modified the base idle in gear table successfully. I'm hoping he just modified the table as defined in the defs without changing anything.
Firecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #501
cwvisual

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecruiser View Post
Ya definitely. I believe the table is defined ok in the defs from kodename or wayno. The difference is that it doesn't have the temperature ranges for the y axis. It is just a single row to timing values. I believe @cwvisual is an auto and has modified the base idle in gear table successfully. I'm hoping he just modified the table as defined in the defs without changing anything.

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cwvisual is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwvisual For This Useful Post:
Firecruiser (10-24-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #502
stefodrom

Drives: GT86 AT 2013
Hey Guys

Wondering if someone with an catless setup has improved something or changed something to achieve more flames?

And im a bit confused whats better now, changing the first values on fuel overrun or not?

Im on Stg2 wit stock header&overpipe (cats removed) and a bastuck exhaust (race version).
So the only thing wich reduces noise is the rear muffler, i guess i should be able to shoot flames? but it doesn't so far :/
Got base timing B on -15 and fuel overrun on 10. I dont even want these extremely loud gunshots :P i just wanna see flames
stefodrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #503
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

I was messing around with the tune to tone it down some but while I was trying out a less aggressive tune, my OFT screen broke and I have that tune installed until I fix the tablet. Which would be fine except that this tune is terrible for my MPG! Steady on the highway it's pretty normal, around 30 MPG, but in traffic when the exhaust ops and cracks a lot my MPG drops to the mid-20's.

I have a muh less aggressive tune waiting in the wings, I'm just waiting on the parts.

The overrun sounds and burbles are great, but I'm trying to tune out the gunshots.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #504
WolF_RS

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine Scion FR-S (MT)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
What tune are you running to get flames?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMBOLIGI View Post
2015 Ultramarine FRS - OFT Stage 2 E85 - TRD Intake - TRD Strut Bar - Tein Street Flex - Avid.1 AV-20 18x8.5/9.5 Staggered - Muteki Burnt Blue lugs - Toyo T1 Sports F:225/40/18, R: 245/40/18 - TOMEI UEL - TOMEI OP - BERK Straight Pipe - Tomei 80R - Valenti v2 Sequential Clear/Red Tail lights/4th Brake Light - TRD Japan Short Shift - LIKEWISE Deathgrip shift knob - LIKEWISE The Love Button drift knob
WolF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote