follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 04:04 AM   #57
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jesus this is still going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Would've been refreshing to hear honest agreement.

Less exhausting to read too.

wholeheartedly agree

I think it's Boob memes time
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #58
sly

Drives: 2016 Cosworth 2.2 BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
reached for the furthest possible definition of snowflake to pretend he's offended about....
It's called virtue signaling. It's an attempt to manipulate others by putting words in their mouths and then correcting them on it to feel superior and regain control.

...This thread has been completely derailed. Congratulations snowflake [OP]...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sly For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-25-2018), humfrz (08-25-2018), Tcoat (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 01:55 PM   #59
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
@pcguru2000 you're coming across as clueless, the amount of clueless posts you've made on this forum and dumb troll questions or posts you make are getting up there. Most of the questions you pose are easily found through forum searching and research which you fail to do. Comments you've made on posts are out of place and don't really make any sense or are just plain false

Also posts like these:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...49#post3122249
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127664
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127821
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126897
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127386

You've ask about the cylinders themselves and e85 making them cleaner, and crazy things like "steam in cylinders", or why the DRLs turn off show an inherent lack of knowledge on this car, tuning and e85. Please do more research before you make posts or do ANYTHING more to your car. You even dumbly thought you could mix fuels on the stock tune with e85.

Also you are quite literally just grasping at something someone else called you and pretending to be offended at
This is no longer a warranty or issues thread topic because of your reaction to a simple snowflake comment

You will not run into a situation where you need to empty the tank, and if you do you probably shouldn't be running mods anyway if your planning to go to the dealer to figure it out. If it's something serious you tow it home diagnose it and if your sure it's not tune or e85 related then you drain the tank, flash to stock and tow it to the dealer and feign ignorance, as that's what you wanted to do anyway and be aware, if they void your warranty, you can fight it all you want, but be aware you've made the attempt already to defraud them in their book.

Think before you post and research more before you ask questions is the jist of my word wall.....
I have zero issue with answering seemingly dumb questions even if all I can do is point people to existing info. Many are new to cars or modding and do not realize how silly their questions are. Coming here and asking questions is a perfectly valid for of research for sombody trying to learn. The issue arises when people ask a question but then proceed to argue every single response. The second thread you linked is a great example of that. Dumb, arrogant and entitled is not a great way to get help with anything. There is also a huge difference between wanting to learn and wanting us to do all the work for you.

As far as the other bullshit on this thread goes I get that my level of activity makes me susceptible to attack and I will not back down from a debate but his accusations and insults are unwarranted. I often do not sugar coat my remarks and am not going to start now. This leads to conflict and I am happy to take my lumps when deserved. In this case he made shit up based on his own ovious biases and prejudice and tried to make me the villain. That I will not tolerate.

So if you will excuse me I feel a sudden need to go invade Poland.
BirdTRD (08-25-2018), FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-25-2018), humfrz (08-25-2018), spike021 (08-27-2018), Tristor (08-26-2018), Ultramaroon (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #60
sly

Drives: 2016 Cosworth 2.2 BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Just for you OP.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sly For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-25-2018), Tcoat (08-25-2018), Tristor (08-26-2018), Ultramaroon (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #61
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
It's called virtue signaling. It's an attempt to manipulate others by putting words in their mouths and then correcting them on it to feel superior and regain control.

...This thread has been completely derailed. Congratulations snowflake [OP]...

Oooooo, myyyyyy - - sly wrote the "S" word -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #62
pcguru2000

Drives: toyota 86 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have zero issue with answering seemingly dumb questions even if all I can do is point people to existing info. Many are new to cars or modding and do not realize how silly their questions are. Coming here and asking questions is a perfectly valid for of research for sombody trying to learn. The issue arises when people ask a question but then proceed to argue every single response. Dumb, arrogant and entitled is not a great way to get help with anything. There is also a huge difference between wanting to learn and wanting us to do all the work for you.
For all of you jumping in and just reading the last 10 posts and hearing tcoat constantly say that I'm arguing every response. Here's the actual exchange in summary.

1 pcguru: Asked a legitimate hypothetical question.

I assume when I get my oft, and put e85 in, that at some point I may have an issue with the car that I cannot fix. I would need to reset the ecu back to stock, and empty the e85 from the tank and refill it with 91 gas. Would I be able to suction the e85 out of the gas tank by the same method as we gas up? Or is it going to be blocked in some way?

2 frsbrzg86fan: misunderstood question and thought I wasn't sure how to properly cycle between e85 and 91. Furthermore he said there would be no issue that would cause someone to have an issue.
you have not done any research into flex-fuel or the OFT tunes have you? Simply continue to fill up on e85 or wait for the e85 to get low and fill up with 93 and switch to the 93 tune.

I can't think of an "issue" where you'd have more than 1/4 of a tank of e85 that would require you messing with the tune to flash back to 91-93, at least I haven't run into it. Do not going draining the tank through the fuel filler neck. You'd simply never run into an issue so suddenly NA that you didn't have the foresight to run the tank down...

3 pcguru: Explaine to frsbrz why I was asking the question to see if he knew of those youtube videos and also tell him that I know the procedure to cycling e85 and 91. I was not arguing with
him, I was trying to figure out if he had seen the videos and if he knew what would cause this.

I saw a couple youtube videos of people with e85, starting the car, and the car dying 6 seconds later or not even being to start at all. If i'm not able to troubleshoot or fix the issue, I'll have to take the car into toyota for a look.

Yes, I have seen tons of videos of the procedure needed to switch from 91 to 85 and back with the oft. Watching the short term/long term, etc. It's not for that. This is my daily driver, so if it takes me 30 minutes to empty the tank, fill with 91, and tow it to toyota, they should be able to troubleshoot an on e85 related issue.

4 FRSBRZGT86FAN: He confirms what I thought that the dealer is not going to troubleshoot a modified car even if something is wrong unrelated to e85.

They're not going to troubleshoot a modified car without a huge troubleshooting/diagnostic fees and voiding your warranty. Most of the techs have no clue how the tunes work or how this car takes tunes. I want to see what videos you're talking about because they've done something inherently wrong.

5 PCGURU2000: OMG, I agree with frsbrz. To fix the issue of the dealer not wanting to troubleshoot a disabled car if they know they had mods, I then ask if follow the procedure below if the dealer would still find out if it was modified?

I agree with you, I don't think the e85 will cause a problem. I mean to say if I have to bring my car in for a NON e85 issue. Lets say my starter dies. My car would be stock except for the oft and e85. I would vacuum out the fuel tank, replace with 91, flash the car back to stock, and tow the car in. At that point, there's no visible mods. The only issue might be some ethanol left in the hoses and fuel rail. I would tell them the battery is fully charged, the started died. They would be concentrating on replacing the starter at that point and wouldn't think of anything. They would not know it was modified correct?

Once they started the car with a 91 in the tank but 85 in the lines...would this cause damage to the car? Once they suspected something, wouldn't all the e85 be gone from the lines/fuel rails?

6 Narfalicious: Now here is where things start to get nasty and the accusations start to fly. I have not argued with anyone for the 1st 5 post, in fact I said that I'm agreeing with frsbrz. So Tcoat, you are full of crap, so far but lets explore further.

Why do people insist on defrauding the dealer/manufacturer?
You decide to mod the car to get 10 hp out of it.
If the warranty is denied, be prepared to fix it yourself or pay for a repair.
Or wait until after your warranty is expired to mod it.

pcguru: This is the first post that I disagree at the categorization that if you have a problem while on e85, if it's something that can wait till the next tank fill up is 91 or if it's something that needs to be dealt with immediately. Changing to a 91 tune, putting the 91 gas in it, then bringing it to a dealer to have warranty work unrelated to your e85 tune is not fraud. If it is related to e85, the engine blows up, yes I agree it's fraud.

This is in no way trying to defraud a manufacturer or dealer. I just don't want to put up with the hassle of being denied any warranty work unrelated to my mod. I've heard of owners being denied warranty work on their 4th gear synchros because they had an unrelated mod, when it's well know that unmodified stock cars have the same issue.

Dealers are inherently lazy. Anything they can do to not have to do warranty work is the goal. The manufacturer pays them very little for warranty work and they would rather have someone like you, tell them you will pay them in cash at full price for all future work. It's a win win.

But I digress, I was just asking if someone was able to get a tube down into their gas tank from the gas door. I wanted to see if anyone has tried this and were successful at removing the fuel.

Tcoat: I agree with this first section. I should have said above "some" dealers are lazy because I dealt with some that are. Then at the end, Tcoat calls me a snowflake.

I don't mind paying for legit claims but I will be damned if I want to pay for some entitled snowflake that blew his engine up with a bad tune and then felt it should be replaced under warranty.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
As far as the other bullshit on this thread goes I get that my level of activity makes me susceptible to attack and I will not back down from a debate but his accusations and insults are unwarranted. I often do not sugar coat my remarks and am not going to start now. This leads to conflict and I am happy to take my lumps when deserved.
It's your undeserved insults your hurl at people for no reason. I may have misjudged your initial use of the word "snowflake" and tried to educate you of how that word can be insulting to people. Instead of being the better person and saying oops...I didn't know it meant this also you said:

Quote:
You went with a gay definition? Really? How hard did you have to look to find that definition. In what possible context could my use of the word be implied to mean gay? I didn't even know it was used in that context so you can reign in the indignation and sense of offense.
I gave you a legitimate reference as proof and you whip out the urban dictionary (which by the way also had the same gay definition just a few sections down. When I read this, from my point of view there was no context. The only time, I heard this word being used mostly, is when a bigot says it to gay people.

Quote:
In this case he made shit up based on his own ovious biases and prejudice and tried to make me the villain. That I will not tolerate.
Again, just because you say it over and over again doesn't make it true. I showed you proof of the definition from a commercial dictionary site that showed I was correct. Someone did show that it also meant a different definition, so it's all in the interpretation. Reasonable doubt flew out that window when you posted a picture with a gay couple crying, which made me think, you were lying about everything. Was I emotionally pissed off that you were openly on this forum calling someone a snowflake with the gay definition, yes. I can't stand bigots and when someone yells out a racial or sexual slur, I get in their face. Being 75, shouldn't you be a better role model and be more helpful, less critical, and make this board a little more enjoyable?

I don't have a 100% proof that you are a Nazi, so I'll be the better man and erase my posts accusing of you being a Nazi.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #63
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,519 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
so many words
Old 08-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #64
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguru2000 View Post
For all of you jumping in and just reading the last 10 posts and hearing tcoat constantly say that I'm arguing every response. Here's the actual exchange in summary.

1 pcguru: Asked a legitimate hypothetical question.

I assume when I get my oft, and put e85 in, that at some point I may have an issue with the car that I cannot fix. I would need to reset the ecu back to stock, and empty the e85 from the tank and refill it with 91 gas. Would I be able to suction the e85 out of the gas tank by the same method as we gas up? Or is it going to be blocked in some way?

2 frsbrzg86fan: misunderstood question and thought I wasn't sure how to properly cycle between e85 and 91. Furthermore he said there would be no issue that would cause someone to have an issue.
you have not done any research into flex-fuel or the OFT tunes have you? Simply continue to fill up on e85 or wait for the e85 to get low and fill up with 93 and switch to the 93 tune.

I can't think of an "issue" where you'd have more than 1/4 of a tank of e85 that would require you messing with the tune to flash back to 91-93, at least I haven't run into it. Do not going draining the tank through the fuel filler neck. You'd simply never run into an issue so suddenly NA that you didn't have the foresight to run the tank down...

3 pcguru: Explaine to frsbrz why I was asking the question to see if he knew of those youtube videos and also tell him that I know the procedure to cycling e85 and 91. I was not arguing with
him, I was trying to figure out if he had seen the videos and if he knew what would cause this.

I saw a couple youtube videos of people with e85, starting the car, and the car dying 6 seconds later or not even being to start at all. If i'm not able to troubleshoot or fix the issue, I'll have to take the car into toyota for a look.

Yes, I have seen tons of videos of the procedure needed to switch from 91 to 85 and back with the oft. Watching the short term/long term, etc. It's not for that. This is my daily driver, so if it takes me 30 minutes to empty the tank, fill with 91, and tow it to toyota, they should be able to troubleshoot an on e85 related issue.

4 FRSBRZGT86FAN: He confirms what I thought that the dealer is not going to troubleshoot a modified car even if something is wrong unrelated to e85.

They're not going to troubleshoot a modified car without a huge troubleshooting/diagnostic fees and voiding your warranty. Most of the techs have no clue how the tunes work or how this car takes tunes. I want to see what videos you're talking about because they've done something inherently wrong.

5 PCGURU2000: OMG, I agree with frsbrz. To fix the issue of the dealer not wanting to troubleshoot a disabled car if they know they had mods, I then ask if follow the procedure below if the dealer would still find out if it was modified?

I agree with you, I don't think the e85 will cause a problem. I mean to say if I have to bring my car in for a NON e85 issue. Lets say my starter dies. My car would be stock except for the oft and e85. I would vacuum out the fuel tank, replace with 91, flash the car back to stock, and tow the car in. At that point, there's no visible mods. The only issue might be some ethanol left in the hoses and fuel rail. I would tell them the battery is fully charged, the started died. They would be concentrating on replacing the starter at that point and wouldn't think of anything. They would not know it was modified correct?

Once they started the car with a 91 in the tank but 85 in the lines...would this cause damage to the car? Once they suspected something, wouldn't all the e85 be gone from the lines/fuel rails?

6 Narfalicious: Now here is where things start to get nasty and the accusations start to fly. I have not argued with anyone for the 1st 5 post, in fact I said that I'm agreeing with frsbrz. So Tcoat, you are full of crap, so far but lets explore further.

Why do people insist on defrauding the dealer/manufacturer?
You decide to mod the car to get 10 hp out of it.
If the warranty is denied, be prepared to fix it yourself or pay for a repair.
Or wait until after your warranty is expired to mod it.

pcguru: This is the first post that I disagree at the categorization that if you have a problem while on e85, if it's something that can wait till the next tank fill up is 91 or if it's something that needs to be dealt with immediately. Changing to a 91 tune, putting the 91 gas in it, then bringing it to a dealer to have warranty work unrelated to your e85 tune is not fraud. If it is related to e85, the engine blows up, yes I agree it's fraud.

This is in no way trying to defraud a manufacturer or dealer. I just don't want to put up with the hassle of being denied any warranty work unrelated to my mod. I've heard of owners being denied warranty work on their 4th gear synchros because they had an unrelated mod, when it's well know that unmodified stock cars have the same issue.

Dealers are inherently lazy. Anything they can do to not have to do warranty work is the goal. The manufacturer pays them very little for warranty work and they would rather have someone like you, tell them you will pay them in cash at full price for all future work. It's a win win.

But I digress, I was just asking if someone was able to get a tube down into their gas tank from the gas door. I wanted to see if anyone has tried this and were successful at removing the fuel.

Tcoat: I agree with this first section. I should have said above "some" dealers are lazy because I dealt with some that are. Then at the end, Tcoat calls me a snowflake.

I don't mind paying for legit claims but I will be damned if I want to pay for some entitled snowflake that blew his engine up with a bad tune and then felt it should be replaced under warranty.

It's your undeserved insults your hurl at people for no reason. I may have misjudged your initial use of the word "snowflake" and tried to educate you of how that word can be insulting to people. Instead of being the better person and saying oops...I didn't know it meant this also you said:

I gave you a legitimate reference as proof and you whip out the urban dictionary (which by the way also had the same gay definition just a few sections down. When I read this, from my point of view there was no context. The only time, I heard this word being used mostly, is when a bigot says it to gay people.

Again, just because you say it over and over again doesn't make it true. I showed you proof of the definition from a commercial dictionary site that showed I was correct. Someone did show that it also meant a different definition, so it's all in the interpretation. Reasonable doubt flew out that window when you posted a picture with a gay couple crying, which made me think, you were lying about everything. Was I emotionally pissed off that you were openly on this forum calling someone a snowflake with the gay definition, yes. I can't stand bigots and when someone yells out a racial or sexual slur, I get in their face. Being 75, shouldn't you be a better role model and be more helpful, less critical, and make this board a little more enjoyable?

I don't have a 100% proof that you are a Nazi, so I'll be the better man and erase my posts accusing of you being a Nazi.[/QUOTE]
At no time have I made any racial or sexual slurs. That is all in your head.
I have asked for anther source of you definition sevearal times. You have provided none.
I posted a meme about the normal definition of snowflake that happens to have two guys crying. Please indicate how you know they are gay. There is nothing to indicate they are anything but guys crying.
You maintain that I used the term to represent sexual preference. Where did I state any such thing?
You call me a bigot, liar and compare me to Hitler due to your stand on the definition of a word yet cand not seem to understand there are other definitions.

You have done nothing here but make a fool of yourself and then blame everybody else. That fills the last checkbox of the snowflake qualification list.
humfrz (08-26-2018), MuseChaser (08-26-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #65
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
OK OP IT'S NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL,

YOU ASKED HOW TO EMPTY GAS TANK, WE TOLD YOU DONT BE STUPID.

over.

If you ask anybody if you can arrive @ airport 10 mins before boarding they gonna tell you you are out of your mind ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-26-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #66
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Take a giant nail and hammer, find the tank underneath and start making holes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-26-2018), humfrz (08-26-2018), JeremyR (08-25-2018), spike021 (08-27-2018), Ultramaroon (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 12:41 AM   #67
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Take a giant nail and hammer, find the tank underneath and start making holes.
And then have it towed to the dealer and demand that the gas tank be replaced under warranty.

humfrz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (08-26-2018), spike021 (08-27-2018), Tcoat (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 12:58 AM   #68
humfrz

Quote:
..You have done nothing here but make a fool of yourself and then blame everybody else..
Great summary!

humfrz
Old 08-26-2018, 01:19 AM   #69
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
lmao at the "tcoat insulting members" tag lol lol lol lol lol

REALMS BRZ Build Thread
HKS|Parts Shop MAX|Battle Version|ADVAN|Beatrush
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeremyR For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-26-2018), MuseChaser (08-26-2018), spike021 (08-27-2018), Tcoat (08-26-2018), Tristor (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #70
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguru2000 View Post
It's easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard but no one would call another person snowflake in their face, or other names and not expect a nasty reaction like a beating. In the real world, next time you are at a gas station, try it. Call someone a snowflake and see how long it takes you to find your dentures. Instead of little inuendos like "you know who" why don't you just threaten my directly? Scared? If you think i'm a snowflake, go ahead. Tell me you're gonna book a trip to southern california and tell me what you are going to do.
Well, I reckon I will reply to your post.

First off, my story was a back-in-the-day story, which I personally experienced more than once. I'm sorry you didn't "get it", but I'm not surprised.

Secondly, I usually do call people out on how I feel, however, mrs humfrz says that I shouldn't do that so much anymore, because of my age and condition (or lack of).

Why should I threaten you directly? It's not worth my time or effort.

Am I scared of you? I think not, the only person I'm scared of is mrs humfrz.

Book a trip to Southern California? What would I do? Most likely take my granddaughters to Disneyland.

humfrz
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
MuseChaser (08-26-2018), nikitopo (08-26-2018), Sapphireho (08-26-2018), spike021 (08-27-2018), Tcoat (08-26-2018), Ultramaroon (08-26-2018)

Closed Thread

Tags
official snowflake thread, tcoat insulting members