follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 04-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #29
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else bothered by the Raceseng reverse lockout in the front where the screw recess is? It is crazy sharp and annoying. I love the look of the lockout but I'm seriously considering switching to another brand because of how it feels.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #30
FRS Johnny

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Anyone else bothered by the Raceseng reverse lockout in the front where the screw recess is? It is crazy sharp and annoying. I love the look of the lockout but I'm seriously considering switching to another brand because of how it feels.
I read about this issue too. I just installed mine today and it didn't feel rough or cut my finger. Maybe you just got lucky with yours? haha
If anything you could just use a small file and smooth it out? or a small piece of sand paper? Hopefully those work so you dont need to spend money for another one
Old 03-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #31
JohnnieBoy

Drives: 13 BRZL/12 Tundra TURD/09 FJR 1300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd bring this back to life as it was helpful to me. I just installed a Raceseng R-Lock and Creature shift knob (with an extra Orbature cover for the ol' switch up from time to time!).

Everyone seems to think removing the roll pin from the oe lockout is difficult - its actually not. I got mine out in 2 or 3 swift little taps. I did just as the video suggests, start in 3rd gear to tap the pin out. The step I added was to insert a 12" long piece of 2 x 4 in between the shifter and center console with a piece of packing foam on either side (I kept the shift knob on for the procedure). Now there is rigidity to be able to easily tap the pin out as well as protecting any parts that would be taking the impact instead of the 2 x 4. Don't forget to shift into reverse before you remove the punch!

Total r&r install time 5 - 10 minutes.

I also used the Home Depot punch...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dasco-Pro...e-34/100507476

BTW... Thank you Jarrett (and the guys) @ Raceseng for awesome products/craftmanship as well as top notch customer service!

Last edited by JohnnieBoy; 03-11-2017 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Kudos to Jarrett & Raceseng team!
JohnnieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #32
PNW-BRZ

Drives: 2015 Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Exact same setup I have. Never saw this before, pin was pretty easy to remove just used a hex head and tapped it out.
PNW-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gear, knob, raceseng, reverse lockout