follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
brosifSmith

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EBC stays on for awhile when engine turns off

So this doesn't seem to be harmful, but it is slightly annoying and I want to make sure it won't shorten the life of the electronic boost controller. I run Ecutek with RaceRom, and I've replaced the CPC solenoid with a Mac brand 3 way mac valve. It works great and I've got my wastegate duty configured near perfection, operating frequency is at 30hz. But, when I turn the car off, the valve will continue to operate for 5-10 seconds then turns off. If I turn the car on but don't start the engine (2 presses of ignition button, no foot on brake) it will also turn on and start vibrating/operating. I can hear it operating at idle when it's on, and this seems normal, but i wouldn't expect it to operate when off. But I'm wondering if it's receiving values similar to what it would at idle, and since it's supposed to be operating at idle it does so when the engine is off too. Any thoughts? I could configure it so the valve duty cycle is 0 at idle as well, but it seems to help not let boost spike when I initially get on the throttle from a stop, because I don't like to strain the engine with big boost and super low RPMs, ~1000. Does anyone have some experience with this, and can confirm if it's an issue or not?
brosifSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
brosifSmith

Also I had a thought that perhaps the car is still running some sort of CPC maps, which would operate the CPC soleniod for awhile after it turns off or first turns on to do it's purge cycle, or however that emissions stuff is designed to work. But I'm not sure how you would change this, The cpc cycle output should be replaced with the custom map output I made. I don't think this is the case, but it was an interesting correlation with that OEM function.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yes, it does continue to operate when the car is switched off. Found this out with a WMI setup that we powered from that output. The ECU will remain powered for a small period of time and the CPC does do something.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
brosifSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Yes, it does continue to operate when the car is switched off. Found this out with a WMI setup that we powered from that output. The ECU will remain powered for a small period of time and the CPC does do something.
I'd love to be able to completely disable those CPC maps, but it doesn't seem there is an option for that. I'm gonna assume this doesn't hurt the ebcs, even though it isn't able to pass any air through it when the engine is off.