follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #15
Flash02

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I called tech support, they think it’s because I’m using the BNC connections vs splicing into the new HU wire harness. I assumed that since my BRZ has a factory Amp I would use the BNC connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #16
Flash02

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
2017+ BRZ and Maestro RR

Okay so my issue was using the BNC connections in the iDatalink harness, apparently those connections do not provide enough power to the amp. I cut the BNC connections off and wired direct to the Pioneer main harness. All is good. Before it sounded like pillows were covering the speakers.

Last edited by Flash02; 03-26-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Flash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:05 AM   #17
UT_BRZ

Drives: 17 Limited BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBlue View Post
iDatalink has updated the firmware to 1.4 and TPMS now works with the SU2 harness. Interestingly they are pulling the from the CAN bus so might be possible to use the CAN plug behind the radio on the right instead of OBD? iDatalink wouldn't confirm this.
I have mine wired to the CAN plug behind the radio/glove box and all of the gauges as well as the TPMS works. I needed the OBD plug available for the ECUtek since I'm boosted. I haven't ever been able to get the track package to work on my head unit.
UT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #18
COBlue

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_BRZ View Post
I have mine wired to the CAN plug behind the radio/glove box and all of the gauges as well as the TPMS works. I needed the OBD plug available for the ECUtek since I'm boosted. I haven't ever been able to get the track package to work on my head unit.
I'm getting OBD connection issues now so wondering if a wire from the CAN came loose...

I believe my track pack started working when I switched from the TO1 to the SU2 harness. (And be sure you double tap the brake to initiate the track pack recording.)
COBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 PM   #19
Chuckable

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Any updates on this thread? Interested in hearing is issues have been resolved yet.

Chuckable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #20
COBlue

I soldered (vs. the plug I stole from my kid's Arduino) the connecting wires to the CAN behind the radio and OBD data has been fine. Track pack has always worked since SU2 and updated firmware.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:32 AM   #21
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
2017+ BRZ and Maestro RR

Hey there. This might be a dumb question but was your backup camera originally displaying the rear view mirror? I literally have the same setup as you but can't get the backup camera to display on the HU. Mines still displays in the mirror. I also had mines wired up by Crutchfield.

Last edited by Drifter X; 05-20-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #22
COBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter X View Post
Hey there. This might be a dumb question but was your backup camera originally displaying the rear view mirror? I literally have the same setup as you but can't get the backup camera to display on the HU. Mines still displays in the mirror. I also had mines wired up by Crutchfield.
Howzit from a Kaneohe boy...
Nope, Maestro yellow RCA video plug goes into the back of the HU and BU camera displays on the HU. Seems like that would take some work and wire crossing to get it on the mirror!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #23
Drifter X

Quote:
Howzit from a Kaneohe boy...

Nope, Maestro yellow RCA video plug goes into the back of the HU and BU camera displays on the HU. Seems like that would take some work and wire crossing to get it on the mirror!

Hooo howzit brah! Just confirming did your BU camera display in the mirror before? Or was it displaying in the stock HU? I'm trying to figure out where my wiring went wrong. You'd think Crutchfield would be more helpful since they wired it up for me but they don't know why either. I've been told it's better if I just by another BU camera and wire it up to the HU.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #24
COBlue

Quote:
Hooo howzit brah! Just confirming did your BU camera display in the mirror before? Or was it displaying in the stock HU? I'm trying to figure out where my wiring went wrong. You'd think Crutchfield would be more helpful since they wired it up for me but they don't know why either. I've been told it's better if I just by another BU camera and wire it up to the HU.
Never displayed in the rearview (didn't even know it could - did that in a different car but after market mirror), always displayed in stock HU.

I briefly looked at swapping out the BU camera when I thought I'd lose my guidelines with new HU...looked like a pain in the twins. (Did it previously in two other cars that didn't have cameras at all.) Don't see how that could be easier - especially since you'd have to run a new wire through the car if the current is wired up odd.

Pretty straightforward - camera wire goes to Maestro goes to HU...
The Following User Says Thank You to COBlue For This Useful Post:
Drifter X (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #25
Drifter X

Quote:
Never displayed in the rearview (didn't even know it could - did that in a different car but after market mirror), always displayed in stock HU.

I briefly looked at swapping out the BU camera when I thought I'd lose my guidelines with new HU...looked like a pain in the twins. (Did it previously in two other cars that didn't have cameras at all.) Don't see how that could be easier - especially since you'd have to run a new wire through the car if the current is wired up odd.

Pretty straightforward - camera wire goes to Maestro goes to HU...

Right on thanks for the info!

Old 05-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #26
Ginotjr

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 GT
Quote:
Hello, did you find a solution for this? I'm planning on doing the same with Crutchfield. Thanks!
Ginotjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #27
Drifter X

No unfortunately... The last time I spoke to tech support was in January and the choices then were to splice the signal wires at the mirror with a video RCA or buy a new camera and wire like you would normally. I watched a video on YouTube about the the whole splicing route and yeah I'm not confident in doing that. So I deal with the backup camera displaying in the mirror. Lmk if you find another way!

Old 06-23-2019, 09:51 PM   #28
haohmaru

Drives: White 2017 BRZ Limited Sports
I have a Pioneer Avh-2550 and the steering wheel controls stop working if I use any of the physical buttons on the head unit. Turning on and off the car gets them working again. Is this happening to anyone else?
haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote