follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
go_a_way1, mike_ekim1024, MisterSheep

Old 01-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #15
mike_ekim1024

Drives: Argento Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilfer View Post
Nice work! I really like the default setups that you provide.

One thing that would be handy is to make them more of a template so that users get some options while creating their setup.

Instead of giving me a setup immediately, bring me to a page which has some options.
Great feedback!

I hear you, and I felt it too once I added more and more parts. I'd have to go to the section and go find it. So on that note I think I found a simple solution that achieves most of your feedback, without introducing new layouts and logic:

First, part names are now links that take you directly to the part.
Second, I've changed the DEL background to red so it's easier to tell which parts you have.

I could also make the left side list into links but they're pretty small. I shyed away from categorizing parts into "stages" because it limits your options. At least they're sorted by price. If I did do stages, I'd need for each part to support multiple, so they could overlap when borderline.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and let me know if the changes fix 90% of what you talked about. One current glitch is wanting to press the back button to return to current setup. But mixing navigation with undo is not easy, so I may look Into it more.

Mike
mike_ekim1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #16
mike_ekim1024

Garage
Btw, anybody that bookmarked any URL just needs to change # to ? In the url. To jump to a specific part I needed the hash, so moved the parts the the query.

So ft86partpicker.com/#100 now is /?100

Mike
Old 01-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #17
SmartedPanda

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited Manual. 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great updates man, maybe take it out to Norcal onto another board? Share the love. It's pretty cool. Just need a diagram that shows what the car looks like now after the mods!
[| Blox 490 Knob | Mishimoto Silicon Intake | K&N Filter | DD Always-On DRL | Tomei 60S | Weather Tech | RED USDM TOM's Tail Lights | OEM Underbody Panels | Intec High Mount Brake | RexSpeed Heated Wide Mirrors | TC105N 17x9 | Super Sport 245/40R17 |TRD Quickshifter | Porsche Brake Air Duct | TRD Sliding Armrest| OEM Knee Pads | MTEC Shifter Springs| WRX OEM Oil Cooler| Generic PVC Catch Can|]
SmartedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 AM   #18
Kilfer

Drives: Whiteout 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_ekim1024 View Post
Great feedback!

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and let me know if the changes fix 90% of what you talked about. One current glitch is wanting to press the back button to return to current setup. But mixing navigation with undo is not easy, so I may look Into it more.

Mike
Looking good! The fix makes finding/swapping to comparable parts a whole lot easier.

What's the long term goal for this app? Do you plan to have it be a quick and easy way for people to create a setup and share the generated link, or do you plan to make it a hub for people to create, save and find setups from directly?
Kilfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #19
mike_ekim1024

Garage
Ok, I finally am happy with the current state, so opened it up to more 86ers:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99798

Enjoy!
Mike
Old 01-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #20
mike_ekim1024

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilfer View Post
Looking good! The fix makes finding/swapping to comparable parts a whole lot easier.

What's the long term goal for this app? Do you plan to have it be a quick and easy way for people to create a setup and share the generated link, or do you plan to make it a hub for people to create, save and find setups from directly?
I'm not sure, just playing it by ear and letting it grow organically. I could add a basic page to save and share people's setups. It would just store the link and name/description - a poor mans db . I like to start simple - if it grows too large, I can always migrate to a db. Even filtering by part should be easy, or maybe a "Show similar setups". You could first add a few part as your "search".

Thanks for bringing this up, it's got my gears turning and surfacing some ideas.

Mike