follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #15
b$m1th91

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
Sucks because you have to drill out a hole and our dremel is stuck at max speed..... Had to go get a washer to fill the edges.

You tap into the white wire with blue tape on it.
What does tapping into the white wire do?? Which wire do you need to tap into to have the fog light indicator on the dash light up?
Current Mods- [Fog lights, Takeda CA Intake, LED swaps(Dome, Reverse, Trunk)..., Painted Calipers Red, Beatsonic Shark Fin Antenna] Future Mods- Takeda Exhaust, Perrin Crank Pulley, Reverse Fog light, Rota torque wheels, Custom Sound System:happy0180:
b$m1th91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #16
coachzizi

Drives: 2013 scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
or dont do any tapping, dont do any drilling. split the connection from low beams and attach to fog lights. They pop on when i have my low beams on....less hassle
coachzizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
Gost

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt View Post
safe to say then that the fog light kit will include a new stock. seems like a little bit of a pain to install. maybe someone with more experience with this could input
Is there a foglight kit that's for sale? Or is it in the works or something?

I've been wanting the foglights on my FR-S. I asked the dealership if it was already had prewiring if I was to install foglights on my own but they said no. It would be nice to see an official kit releaesd that included a new stock to turn them on and off.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
KSC

Drives: Ion Redline
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have a Premium that came with fogs. It looks like SubaSteve's pic, but I think it actual says "Fogs" above the switch.

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:47 AM   #19
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
Sucks because you have to drill out a hole and our dremel is stuck at max speed..... Had to go get a washer to fill the edges.

You tap into the white wire with blue tape on it.
I am not sure whether I will get a response but wanted to ask.

The 2019 BRZ is the same and has a fake headlamp leveling switch beside the trunk release. I have 2 questions:

1) I assume that the wiring (as shown in the picture above the white wire) is still there in 2019 limited. Can I replace this Headlight leveling switch ( https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru...ch-p-1347.html ) with the fake one and attach the wire to get it active? Are the 2019 headlights adjustable for leveling?

2) I plan to get this DLR lamp http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/suba...l#.XKcFBZj0mUk which includes the original switch. Does anyone know whether the wiring is also ready for the DLR lamp? I want it to look like the Japanese BRZs in this video - go to 3:45 minute - [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3UsHULaVI&list=LLI7YNymaHfqdt-bOZxfwAMA&index=3&t=0s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3UsHULaVI&list=LLI7YNymaHfqdt-bOZxfwAMA&index=3&t=0s[/ame]

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #20
itsAlex

Drives: 2016 4Runner / 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
On my 2016 FRS there's a purple wire on the harness that plugs into the stalk. You'll have to take apart the plastic covers around the steering wheel to get to the harness but it's simple and easy to do.

All you have to do is ground the purple to one of the black wires on the harness. This emulates the fog switch that's on the 86 that's equipped the fog lamps. So every time your low beams turn on, the fogs turn on too and there's an indicator on the dash that illuminates to let you know. Keep in mind that this method requires you to use the factory harnesses to power your fog lamps.