follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 02-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Eski

Drives: '15 Brz Series Blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner Discoloration

So I am not sure if this belongs here or in the general forum so mods please move if incorrect placement.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this..(I work in a parts store so I see tons of chemicals go through my store each day) On the lucas fuel injector cleaner, the clear bottles where you can see the fluids inside the bottle, the color of the fluid seems to vary. Most times the fluid is clear/yellow but every once in a while we will get a bottle with very dark fluid inside it and I have asked many people what causes this difference. I did an experiment over the last week and put one bottle in a sunny spot in my store and one in a shady spot in the store to see if sunlight was a factor but it is not. Im wondering if the dark coloration is due to an additive that was put in but if that's the case, then why aren't more bottles darker color? Any chemical experts out there that know what I am talking about?
https://www.google.com/search?q=luca...px%3B500%3B500

I have customers ask why and personally I would like to know what the difference is.

Last edited by Eski; 02-03-2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Edit: Could not get the pics to work properly, reference the first three bottles in this link: https://www.google.com/search?
Eski is offline   Reply With Quote