follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
CruiseControl

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Ultramarine)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CruiseControl's Ultramarine FR-S - Perrin Tips, Shark Fin, JDM Stuff, Other Stuff

***DISCLAIMER, LONG POST AHEAD! TL/DR = Got a deal on the FR-S traded in my Lancer after thinking on it for a few days and going back and forth on the decision, the mod train is roaring full steam ahead***

Hey everyone, If you saw my intro thread a lot of this is redundant! I'm coming from a 2012 Lancer and I swore I would keep that car longer but I came across a good deal on an FR-S (my cousin runs the lot and he sent me a picture of it, he knew I would bite) and even after thinking on it for a few days I eventually caved in to the sexiness and potential of this FR-S (plus I got a good deal). The only thing that worries me is Ohio snow, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Here is my Lancer and mod list can be seen in my journal thread on ProjectLancer (Lancer Journal), they set it on the front lawn and sold the car the MORNING after I traded it in.

I took pictures of the cars side by side when I was trying to make my decision, I stared at these for a few days before going back to get the Toyobaru. You can also see that the headlights and tail lights were tinted and there was tint on the windows. I made it very clear that I didn't want someone else's project and I was reluctant to take the plunge but my cousin removed the tint on the windows for me and went over everything with a fine tooth comb and fixed what needed fixed. Example, there was blown switchback so they took me all back to stock, which is what I wanted. I want to do my own stuff! The day I took delivery of the car I removed the headlight and tail light tint, man that was a PITA.

So you can see my signature where I list my current mods, and I only have a few pictures of how it currently sits. I've only had the car for three days and a lot of stuff in my signature is in a box in transit to my garage, thanks FT-86 SpeedFactory

JDM Sidemarkers | Rexpeed Wide Mirrors | Perrin Exhaust Tips | 8k HID's | Full LED interior/exterior | LED Switchbacks | Beatsonic V2 Shark Fin | Toyota Badges | 86 Center Caps | 86 Center Console Insert | Painted Calipers | 18% Tint | Rear Parking Light in Fog Light
Owner's Journal Thread

Last edited by CruiseControl; 06-27-2014 at 08:59 PM.
CruiseControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
CruiseControl

Out with the old in with the new badges and center caps (with a bonus key shell)! I have an appointment at 10:30 tomorrow morning to get my tint, my shark fin will be here tomorrow, my Perrin tips and rexpeed mirrors will be here Monday and I also waxed the car with Poorboy's Natty's Red and sealed it with Blackfire wet diamond. My caliper paint kit is sitting in the garage but it was way too hot out there to keep going. Taking a break to go swimming and then doing it later this weekend!

Quick video of the switchbacks - http://instagram.com/p/pd1K22BndJ/

New Badges by AJRogers13, on Flickr

JDM Sidemarkers | Rexpeed Wide Mirrors | Perrin Exhaust Tips | 8k HID's | Full LED interior/exterior | LED Switchbacks | Beatsonic V2 Shark Fin | Toyota Badges | 86 Center Caps | 86 Center Console Insert | Painted Calipers | 18% Tint | Rear Parking Light in Fog Light
Owner's Journal Thread
Old 06-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
CruiseControl

Got my beatsonic v2 shark fin from FT86SpeedFactory! They put laffy taffy in the boxes, I love that...and it was one of my favorites, banana!

Shark Fin by AJRogers13, on Flickr
Owner's Journal Thread
Old 06-27-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
CruiseControl

Hey all! Update time. I installed Rexpeed wide mirrors, Perrin tips, (you may have seen my DIY videos for each!) then I got some brighter LED's for the tail lights, I didn't like my old ones. Then painted all four calipers red, debadged the FR-S emblem on the trunk, and installed a parking light in my rear reflector/fog. Going in for tint tomorrow morning!

image by AJRogers13, on Flickr

I decided to install the parking light after I finished everything else so I had to see what sockets I had laying around. I had a four prong 194 socket and a really bright LED for it, so other than being a four prong which made it harder to cut a hole for, it was relatively easy to install. I even reused the OEM grommet in the trunk for my wiring harness that I made.

I spy a little light...
Owner's Journal Thread
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
CruiseControl

18% Tint!

As my buddy that did my window tint pulled my car out of the bay an M5 pulled up for his appointment, it had an exhaust and it sounded A-MA-ZING. The owner sat in my car to see what 18% looked like from the inside and we had a nice chat about both rides.

Tint by AJRogers13, on Flickr
Owner's Journal Thread