follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #57
bluecollarfrs

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Anyone in the Hampton Roads area that knows how to do the Visconti Tune? I ordered the STG 1 + E85 tune and cable. I'm new to this whole thing, and would really appreciate some help with it when it gets here. Also if anyone has a breaker bar and torque wrench I can use to install a lightweight crank pulley that would be awesome! I'll buy the beers! Shoot me a PM
bluecollarfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #58
clevrname

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticent View Post
The one I got to do a quick test drive was an Ultramarine MT. I think the AT got there after the MT sold. I was originally looking to get one in Raven because black is classic. They didn't have one on hand at CB so I went to Checkered Flag and they had a Whiteout and Ultramarine. Once I saw the Blue, I thought to myself, "Yeah, I could do that color."

Anyway, how are you liking the AT in blue? I've only seen 2 around here, one of which was the dealer's Firestorm. Gratz on the Acquisition!
So how much gas have you burnt through with your baby?!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #59
bluecollarfrs

@Reticent. I love it! I wanted a MT, but part of the deal with the misses was that i got an AT so she could drive it too. I have 854 miles on her right now, and go in Saturday to get the crickets under the hood looked at. I told them about the TSB and hopefully they have the parts in stock to fix it that day, but I am not getting my hopes up. How about you?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #60
Reticent

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S MT
Hehe, I picked it up Tuesday morning and have gone 160 Miles so far. Big grin on my face every moment I'm behind the wheel! One of my co-workers has an S2000 and she was so stoked for me. She had nothing but compliments for it. I snapped a photo of our cars parked next to each other in the lot. I'll try to post it once I've uploaded... that is if I'm not too busy out driving.... hehe.

bluecollarfrs, I think we're one of the only 2 around here in UltraMarine. Everyone says they think the color looks really good. Has anyone seen any other UltraMarines out here in Hampton Roads?

Big thanks go out to clevrname for everything. Much appreciation, dude.
Reticent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #61
clevrname

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticent View Post
Hehe, I picked it up Tuesday morning and have gone 160 Miles so far. Big grin on my face every moment I'm behind the wheel! One of my co-workers has an S2000 and she was so stoked for me. She had nothing but compliments for it. I snapped a photo of our cars parked next to each other in the lot. I'll try to post it once I've uploaded... that is if I'm not too busy out driving.... hehe.

bluecollarfrs, I think we're one of the only 2 around here in UltraMarine. Everyone says they think the color looks really good. Has anyone seen any other UltraMarines out here in Hampton Roads?

Big thanks go out to clevrname for everything. Much appreciation, dude.
No problem, man. Just keep sending me people, it's what keeps food on the table and mods on the FRS :teehee:

I've seen an Ultramarine FR-S on base, has an effed up bumper, makes me wanna cry. You know everyone at my dealership was drooling over your blue.

In case anyone knows someone looking, I currently have a Hot Lava FR-S in MT with 2500 miles on my preowned lot and I have a Hot Lava AT on the way
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #62
bluecollarfrs

clevrname a friend of mine is on the fence right now, but if he decides to go get one I can let him know i can find him one. He works at NNSY with me. And you said on base, was that Oceana?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #63
draggin_az
Small penis big dreams

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarfrs View Post
Anyone in the Hampton Roads area that knows how to do the Visconti Tune? I ordered the STG 1 + E85 tune and cable. I'm new to this whole thing, and would really appreciate some help with it when it gets here. Also if anyone has a breaker bar and torque wrench I can use to install a lightweight crank pulley that would be awesome! I'll buy the beers! Shoot me a PM
ive never done one but im willing to help you figure it out. theres a "how to" in his thread

i dont have a breaker bar or torque wrench but i do have an over sized rachet used for breaking loose bolts
draggin_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #64
bluecollarfrs

I'm going to grab the breaker bar and torque wrench from Harbor Freight this weekend, but I could still use a hand! I'm holding off on the tune right now, some people have had issues with it recently and I'm waiting for the OK to go ahead and do it.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #65
draggin_az
Small penis big dreams

right on. let me know when you want to work on it.

what kind of issues have they been having?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #66
bluecollarfrs

There were two people that tried it and their car won't start. Visconti said to hold off on the tune till things were figured out. From what i understand ECUtek is trying to solve the problem
Old 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #67
draggin_az
Small penis big dreams

right on. i just pm'd him about getting a tune. how long did it take from the time you paid to the time it arrived at your door?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #68
draggin_az
Small penis big dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarfrs View Post
I'm going to grab the breaker bar and torque wrench from Harbor Freight this weekend, but I could still use a hand! I'm holding off on the tune right now, some people have had issues with it recently and I'm waiting for the OK to go ahead and do it.
im not on here every day but whenever your ready to install everytying and upload your tune hit me up via pm so i get emailed and i'll come over and help.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #69
bluecollarfrs

It was surprisingly quick actually, a week i think. I appreciate the help, I'll let you know
Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #70
Willsonk

Drives: Scion FR-S Asphalt AT & XB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Car Meet!!!!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19371
Willsonk is offline   Reply With Quote