follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #337
BasementN3k0
The Angry Brown Guy

Drives: 2016 Tacoma & 2018 86 GT Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Any word for the 2017+ 86/brz tunes?
BasementN3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #338
NV89

Drives: 14 BRZ, Genesis coupe track, 05 sti
Garage
If I don't sell my car I'm going to push it to 400 hp at least. Not sure if the V3 kit can do it? Anyone seen at least 450 with E85?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
NV89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #339
max20s14

Drives: 14' Raven M/T - 02' is300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NV89 View Post
If I don't sell my car I'm going to push it to 400 hp at least. Not sure if the V3 kit can do it? Anyone seen at least 450 with E85?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
the JRSC C38 claims to be 450 whp capable
max20s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to max20s14 For This Useful Post:
NV89 (12-01-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #340
Ski.mask

Drives: Hks supercharged rocket bunny 86
So just curious if i buy the complete kit including flash editor from hks v2 i wont need a tuner to tune it or does it just come with a base tune
Ski.mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #341
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,632 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski.mask View Post
So just curious if i buy the complete kit including flash editor from hks v2 i wont need a tuner to tune it or does it just come with a base tune
HKS Flash Editor comes with a base one size fits all tune only.

You will need an HKS master tech to edit that tune and those techs are few and far between here, obviously different there.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:32 PM   #342
Ski.mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
HKS Flash Editor comes with a base one size fits all tune only.

You will need an HKS master tech to edit that tune and those techs are few and far between here, obviously different there.
I see you got a v1 as well what sort of whp you got, and no issues with the supercharger? I heard they leak
Old 10-28-2018, 03:03 PM   #343
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
I see you got a v1 as well what sort of whp you got, and no issues with the supercharger? I heard they leak
I killed one supercharger (my fault). Bought a replacement which failed due to weakness in design.

It was replaced it last year and it ran flawlessly.

You heard they leak, eh? Based on the lengthy HKS superchargers owners thread I started a few years ago which has many hundreds of submissions, I have yet to hear of one that leaks. Hearsay, I'd say.

The common failure which seems to have been addressed had to do with a threaded internal part which sometimes overturned, stripped the threads and prevented boost from being produced. The first unit that I destroyed did not have that failure.

My kit isnt really a V1 except perhaps for the piping and intake. The intercooler is almost 2x the kit unit size and pipes to intercooler custom. Originally from somebody in Istanbul, believe it or not.
Don't buy used kits!!!
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #344
Ski.mask

Quote:
I killed one supercharger (my fault). Bought a replacement which failed due to weakness in design.

It was replaced it last year and it ran flawlessly.

You heard they leak, eh? Based on the lengthy HKS superchargers owners thread I started a few years ago which has many hundreds of submissions, I have yet to hear of one that leaks. Hearsay, I'd say.

The common failure which seems to have been addressed had to do with a threaded internal part which sometimes overturned, stripped the threads and prevented boost from being produced. The first unit that I destroyed did not have that failure.

My kit isnt really a V1 except perhaps for the piping and intake. The intercooler is almost 2x the kit unit size and pipes to intercooler custom. Originally from somebody in Istanbul, believe it or not.
Don't buy used kits!!!
Yeah thats the reason i stopped using mine as a daily, im thinking about tracking this car you guy's know if the v2 or gt2 supercharger have any issues, i haven't heard of any failures so far, only problem is i cant get more hp cause none of the tuners in this country (new Zealand) is interested in tuneing a gt86
Old 10-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #345
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Yeah that's the reason i stopped using mine as a daily, im thinking about tracking this car you guy's know if the v2 or gt2 supercharger have any issues, i haven't heard of any failures so far, only problem is i cant get more hp cause none of the tuners in this country (new Zealand) is interested in tuning a gt86
Are there no Ecutek tuners in or near Auckland? Otherwise there is Open Flash tablet but again someone has to be qualified to modify files. Then there's BRZ edit.

If you can get a custom tune they will extract better power than a base tune. My car dyno'd at 276 at the wheels at 7000 RPM. I am on totally stock fuel system and ~ 8.5 PSI stock pulley. Using our highest grade fuel which is equal to yours there I'm pretty sure. I literally gave away the upgraded injectors that I received with the second hand kit and am quite content with reliable power at this level. The intake on the V1 design will heat soak in traffic on a hot day if you are using aftermarket headers. I wrapped mine this year and will wrap the MAF tube in gold foil while in storage for the North American winter season. Life is so busy!
Old 10-28-2018, 09:49 PM   #346
Ski.mask

Quote:
Are there no Ecutek tuners in or near Auckland? Otherwise there is Open Flash tablet but again someone has to be qualified to modify files. Then there's BRZ edit.

If you can get a custom tune they will extract better power than a base tune. My car dyno'd at 276 at the wheels at 7000 RPM. I am on totally stock fuel system and ~ 8.5 PSI stock pulley. Using our highest grade fuel which is equal to yours there I'm pretty sure. I literally gave away the upgraded injectors that I received with the second hand kit and am quite content with reliable power at this level. The intake on the V1 design will heat soak in traffic on a hot day if you are using aftermarket headers. I wrapped mine this year and will wrap the MAF tube in gold foil while in storage for the North American winter season. Life is so busy!
There are alot of ecutek tuners in Auckland area but it seems like no one has balls to tune a gt86 even if we sign a document agreeing if anything fails it on the owner of the vehicle
Old 11-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #347
pnda86

Drives: 2015 Brz
I have some noob questions, hopefully someone can help. I have a tomei uel header and muffler delete. Could I just put the 93 octane tune for this kit and be ok or would I need a custom tune? Also, I reached out to hks to get the 93 octane tune and they told me to contact a dealer... the dealer didnt really know what was going on... anyone experience this?
pnda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #348
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,569 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnda86 View Post
I have some noob questions, hopefully someone can help. I have a tomei uel header and muffler delete. Could I just put the 93 octane tune for this kit and be ok or would I need a custom tune? Also, I reached out to hks to get the 93 octane tune and they told me to contact a dealer... the dealer didnt really know what was going on... anyone experience this?
I'd suggest getting a custom tune from someone local or through Delicious Tuning

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #349
xcuz31

Drives: white frs
Is it ok to run 91 octane tune with 93 gas
xcuz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:42 AM   #350
NV89

Drives: 14 BRZ, Genesis coupe track, 05 sti