follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #8065
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I hope Hawaii gets e85 at some point. So many of us here waiting for it
Old 12-03-2017, 04:35 AM   #8066
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
At long last I’ve got my car back... and can join the owners thread

I got SPS intercooled version, with my (existing) flex fuel kit.
Totally loving it.
riboyster (12-05-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #8067
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 South Africa View Post
At long last I’ve got my car back... and can join the owners thread

I got SPS intercooled version, with my (existing) flex fuel kit.
Totally loving it.
Done @ RMS? Your car must be the one I just finished up if so. Data looks like it's quite fun, even on your pump gas!

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
86 South Africa (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #8068
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
Done @ RMS? Your car must be the one I just finished up if so. Data looks like it's quite fun, even on your pump gas!

-Zach
Yes sir! And it’s amazing... of course it has an excellent tune to get me going , but really, really enjoying it.

Just gives the car that edge it needs to make it a proper fun road car.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #8069
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Nobody seems to be holding no slip oil here. Is limited slip decent?
Old 12-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #8070
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Should the supercharger coolant bottle be at the low or high line when cold?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:27 PM   #8071
Kenny_LongWrench
Tacticool_BRZ

Drives: ZC6 - AW11
I have mine at the full line and it doesn’t seem to fluctuate much, if any when hot.
Also, had to use a Honda power steering reservoir, in a pinch. Works fine. 😂
Kenny_LongWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny_LongWrench For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (01-07-2018)
Old 12-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #8072
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Can you use cold air intake with the Sprintex 210?
Old 12-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #8073
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakitu View Post
Can you use cold air intake with the Sprintex 210?
Yes. I'm running the Perrin 3" CAI.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
Lakitu (12-13-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #8074
brybot

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone have any experience removing the front of the unit? That is, the drive snout and gearbox? As it turns out my dipstick hole stripped out so I'm wondering if that will be easier than removing the whole thing from the manifold. Definitely fewer screws but I don't want to be reassembling the whole geartrain.
brybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #8075
Joeyb860

Drives: 2017 860 SPRINTEK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrz14 View Post
I sold my car. Great kit you will love it. Take your time installing it and routing hoses and you'll be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much and is it cold or not?
Joeyb860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #8076
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Hey guys….. I just joined the Sprintex club back in May. I got myself a Sprintex S5-210 non-intercooled since I wanted to upgrade step by step to see what kind of power I can obtain. To begin with let me just voice my disappointment on one thing. That being that the non-intercooled kit came with an 80mm pulley instead of a 75mm pulley which I thought it was supposed to come with. I recall on early non-intercooled “Innovate” reviews (at least one anyway) that the reviewer said the kit came with a 75mm pulley. Yet I get an 80mm pulley WTF??? Okay, I digress.

Anyway, a friend helped me install the thing and a tuner named Graham from Six Star Motors (originally from FT-86 Speed Factory) tuned my car for me. He provided both the 93 octane tune and the e85 tune via remote tuning. I think he did a great job. The car now has definite “oompf” with 93 octane gas and a bit more “oompf” running e85. I haven’t dyno’d the car yet, but it does drive great. Very much like what I feel it should have been off the lot.

The supporting mods I have for the super charger is a Perrin aluminum drive pulley, a drop in K&N filter for the stock air box, and full catless exhaust system consisting of an Injen EL header, an Invidia over pipe, an Invidia front pipe and an Invidia N1 catback. I also dumped the stock 2 piece drive shaft and replaced it with a single piece aluminum drive shaft from The Drive Shaft Shop dumping the bearing and the 3rd universal joint.

My next step is to get a 75mm pulley and a 69mm pulley. The 69mm pulley is readily available from multiple sources; however, the 75mm pulley is not. Anyone have a 75mm pulley for sale? I intend to run the 69mm pulley only with e85 during the summers. The 75mm pulley will be used for the winters with 93 octane or e85 depending on outside temperature during wintertime. I won’t be tracking the car; at least not yet. So, I don’t think I will need the heat exchanger especially running e85.

Possible upgrades would be an oil cooler to be used in the summer months if needed and most likely a flex fuel kit since I don’t want to have to worry about what fuel I put in at any given time.

On e85 and the 69mm pulley I don’t expect to be beyond 300 whp. However, will I be okay with stock injectors and stock fuel pump? From what I have read it would seem the answer is yes. Is there any other upgrades and recommendations short of telling me I need the heat exchanger?

Thanks,
NIKO
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #8077
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOLA View Post
Hey guys….. I just joined the Sprintex club back in May. I got myself a Sprintex S5-210 non-intercooled since I wanted to upgrade step by step to see what kind of power I can obtain. To begin with let me just voice my disappointment on one thing. That being that the non-intercooled kit came with an 80mm pulley instead of a 75mm pulley which I thought it was supposed to come with. I recall on early non-intercooled “Innovate” reviews (at least one anyway) that the reviewer said the kit came with a 75mm pulley. Yet I get an 80mm pulley WTF??? Okay, I digress.

Anyway, a friend helped me install the thing and a tuner named Graham from Six Star Motors (originally from FT-86 Speed Factory) tuned my car for me. He provided both the 93 octane tune and the e85 tune via remote tuning. I think he did a great job. The car now has definite “oompf” with 93 octane gas and a bit more “oompf” running e85. I haven’t dyno’d the car yet, but it does drive great. Very much like what I feel it should have been off the lot.

The supporting mods I have for the super charger is a Perrin aluminum drive pulley, a drop in K&N filter for the stock air box, and full catless exhaust system consisting of an Injen EL header, an Invidia over pipe, an Invidia front pipe and an Invidia N1 catback. I also dumped the stock 2 piece drive shaft and replaced it with a single piece aluminum drive shaft from The Drive Shaft Shop dumping the bearing and the 3rd universal joint.

My next step is to get a 75mm pulley and a 69mm pulley. The 69mm pulley is readily available from multiple sources; however, the 75mm pulley is not. Anyone have a 75mm pulley for sale? I intend to run the 69mm pulley only with e85 during the summers. The 75mm pulley will be used for the winters with 93 octane or e85 depending on outside temperature during wintertime. I won’t be tracking the car; at least not yet. So, I don’t think I will need the heat exchanger especially running e85.

Possible upgrades would be an oil cooler to be used in the summer months if needed and most likely a flex fuel kit since I don’t want to have to worry about what fuel I put in at any given time.

On e85 and the 69mm pulley I don’t expect to be beyond 300 whp. However, will I be okay with stock injectors and stock fuel pump? From what I have read it would seem the answer is yes. Is there any other upgrades and recommendations short of telling me I need the heat exchanger?

Thanks,
NIKO
Hey Niko -- PM me. I have both the 69mm and 75mm pulley available (and am not using either any longer). I can help you out.

The 69MM pulley on E85 won't be possible with stock injectors. You will get away OK with the stock fuel pump most likely -- but with E85 and the 72.5MM pulley on stock injectors and fuel pump I'm at 90% duty cycle. Any smaller of a pulley would put me too close to 100 and i'd likely run out of fuel. A tuner may be able to adjust the DI/PI ratio to squeeze the remaining amount of power out -- but I'd be nervous. You might talk directly with the folks at Delicious Tuning to get their thoughts (as i've heard that they have done it on stock injectors). I thoroughly trust my tune through Moto East (who knows this kit inside and out) and wouldn't personally cut it that close.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
NIKOLA (01-08-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #8078
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Hey guys.....

Just out of curiosity I wanted to ask if any of you changed out your MAP sensor to a 3 or 4 bar variant or are you running the OEM sensor as I am? I realize that tuning with the OEM sensor doesn't give you correct readings on the "Torque" app for boost PSI, but my tuner at the time suggested against it saying the sensor would be too sensitive and would pick up the fluctuations of the valves opening and closing. Does that sound right?

Also, should I think about getting new injectors like 700cc? I ask because with the 69mm pulley and on e85 I hope to be at or near 300 whp and I'm not sure if I really need bigger injectors or not for more flow. I don't recall if Mike at Moto-East where I got the supercharger ever indicated to me whether or not I would need new injectors, but he did say my stock fuel pump would be fine if I remember correctly. Input on this? AJ already responded in the previous post regarding injectors, but I'd like to get a few more opinions on this.

What about fuel rails? would larger volume fuel rails help in any way or are they simply more on the decorative side of things like changing black radiator hoses to red or blue?

Exhaust is already a done deal because I got it in mind for the supercharger before hand.

Thanks for any help and input.
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.