follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Sall
Sallbaru
 
Sall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: raven FRS
Location: socal
Posts: 335
Thanks: 234
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
frs canyon testing...

Scion (saw this on youtube not my FRS,looks like fun) FRS testing run, vehicle is bone stock along with its tire. The car has not yet breaking so RPM was kept under 5k. we simply want to show how the car was able to handle the road without drama. VSC was on sport, traction was on as well thats why there were blinking yellow lights. during middle of the run there was a 996 turbo with full suspension mods and power upgrade. also a Civic EK. hope you all enjoy this. more stuffs will be add onto the setup and upgrade for the FRS. stay tune
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sall For This Useful Post:
Bounce (06-18-2012), MattR (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
rice_classic
Senior Member
 
rice_classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 674
Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,556 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nothing to suggest this is a closed course. The law is clearly broken and the safety of other vehicles that may be on that same stretch of road compromised. This is not interesting, informative or impressive.

Thread should be deleted.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rice_classic For This Useful Post:
Godzilla35 (06-19-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
#87
I usually post drunk
 
#87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 1,487
Thanks: 15
Thanked 490 Times in 231 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Sall
Sallbaru
 
Sall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: raven FRS
Location: socal
Posts: 335
Thanks: 234
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
calm down nobody its suggesting to go do this,its like playing gta or watching violence movies just because someone else do it that does not mean you have to go out and do it but i do agree its not right but this video its to kinda "show" how the frs handles in the canyons nothing else so chill my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Nothing to suggest this is a closed course. The law is clearly broken and the safety of other vehicles that may be on that same stretch of road compromised. This is not interesting, informative or impressive.

Thread should be deleted.

Last edited by Sall; 06-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
rice_classic
Senior Member
 
rice_classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 674
Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,556 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Wrong comparison. GTA and violent movies take place in fake realities. Your ridiculous video does not. You are a danger to yourself and those around you.

Tell these people to "calm down"
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3617155
http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/...foundation-oak

You clearly have a disregard for the safety of others. California has a copious number of race tracks for you to go play on, stop putting other people in danger.

As far as a video to "show" how the FRS handles, it's really very very poor video and does nothing to illustrate anything about the quality of the car, only the lack of quality of the person in it.

Basically this video is a pathetic display of your disregard for the law and the safety of others and denigrates the quality of the community as a whole.

Buy a goPro and go out to ButtonWillow, Infineon, Laguna etc etc etc and then post video. The response will be very different.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rice_classic For This Useful Post:
b.e (06-18-2012), Ess Vee (06-18-2012), kwood9000 (06-18-2012), maxdriver (06-19-2012), ToxicSneakers (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
pete66
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: Mazda 3
Location: Canada
Posts: 41
Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yeaahh buddy
pete66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pete66 For This Useful Post:
MattR (06-18-2012), Sall (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
BioRage
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: ~_~
Location: Toronto
Posts: 832
Thanks: 27
Thanked 190 Times in 111 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Nothing to suggest this is a closed course. The law is clearly broken and the safety of other vehicles that may be on that same stretch of road compromised. This is not interesting, informative or impressive.

Thread should be deleted.
Oh God, call the forum police.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
sickmint79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: bmw
Location: grayslake, il
Posts: 393
Thanks: 16
Thanked 142 Times in 84 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gonna agree with rc
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Sall
Sallbaru
 
Sall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: raven FRS
Location: socal
Posts: 335
Thanks: 234
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
to end this discussion that not my video and thats not me,but believe me this wont be the first or the last vid you will see like this,i mean even the scion commercial shows drifting in a canyon,yes i know they close the road to shoot the video but alotta people will try this just because they saw the scion commercial,not all people live in a perfect world like yours.cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Wrong comparison. GTA and violent movies take place in fake realities. Your ridiculous video does not. You are a danger to yourself and those around you.

Tell these people to "calm down"
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3617155
http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/...foundation-oak

You clearly have a disregard for the safety of others. California has a copious number of race tracks for you to go play on, stop putting other people in danger.

As far as a video to "show" how the FRS handles, it's really very very poor video and does nothing to illustrate anything about the quality of the car, only the lack of quality of the person in it.

Basically this video is a pathetic display of your disregard for the law and the safety of others and denigrates the quality of the community as a whole.

Buy a goPro and go out to ButtonWillow, Infineon, Laguna etc etc etc and then post video. The response will be very different.
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Shin
Senior Member
 
Shin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Highlander, Corolla, Asphalt FR-S
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 100
Thanks: 98
Thanked 25 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sall View Post
to end this discussion that not my video and thats not me,but believe me this wont be the first or the last vid you will see like this,i mean even the scion commercial shows drifting in a canyon,yes i know they close the road to shoot the video but alotta people will try this just because they saw the scion commercial,not all people live in a perfect world like yours.cheers
But the commercial has a disclaimer saying how the driving is done by professionals. They also stayed in the proper lane during the drift.
Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
Sall
Sallbaru
 
Sall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: raven FRS
Location: socal
Posts: 335
Thanks: 234
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin View Post
But the commercial has a disclaimer saying how the driving is done by professionals. They also stayed in the proper lane during the drift.
yes of course i understand,im not saying scion did something wrong im just trying to respond to the situation about danger and breaking the law i mean its not even my video but like i said it wont be the first or the last wrong thing people do with an frs (trying to live in a perfect world wake up)sometimes to have some fun you have to break the law,again im not saying its right to do it ,a mature consious man will see this low quality vid ignore it and pass on thats it .
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Sall
Sallbaru
 
Sall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: raven FRS
Location: socal
Posts: 335
Thanks: 234
Thanked 60 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Oh God, call the forum police.
thats what i was think lol.
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!
 
Guff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: BRZ LZR
Location: Texas/Illinois
Posts: 4,760
Thanks: 10,392
Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,405 Posts
Mentioned: 292 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
It's a video that OP found on YouTube, quit harassing him for posting it. No need to preach to him about safe driving if he's not the one driving recklessly.

You guys are more than welcome to complain about the person who made the video, though...
__________________
"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory."
- The Ancient BRZ Sacrament
by Zaku
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
Zgrinch (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
blu_
Senior Member
 
blu_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 889
Thanks: 637
Thanked 170 Times in 106 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TBF he did seem to be endorsing it.

@whoever made the video, driving in the left hand lane and passing around a blind corner are pretty much the douchiest way to drive possible. I just hope you lose your license before killing someone innocent.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Properly Carve a Canyon S2KtoFT86 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 64 05-21-2012 02:17 AM
BRZ GT300 in first testing action JoeJoseJoseph Subaru BRZ General Forum 39 02-23-2012 05:52 PM
fushikietsuro testing the 86 @ Fuji RRnold Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 1 12-05-2011 03:28 PM
Testing a Rebuilt Engine Exage Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 0 04-29-2011 09:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.